Your Army Recruit Weapons...

Help Dreamkeepers grow! Share your promotional ideas, or collaborate with other readers.

Your Army Recruit Weapons...

Postby Vescott on Wed May 25, 2011 12:33 am

Ok, so your probably wondering **Weapons?**

So the just of this is to have EVERYONE post any ideas on what tools we have at our disposal to help spread DK around.

Mine is that everone that has a FurAfinity or Deviantart account goes and comment and favourite on as many DK Deviations and submissions as they seem fit to help DK get recognition.
Vescott

Re: Your Army Recruit Weapons...

Postby Suraru on Wed May 25, 2011 9:54 am

Your mouth and the books;

Tell people about dk, and what I do (to people who aren't furries) explain that DK has a great plot.

I am not a furry, but I love dk because of the plot, it got me on surprise and now I'm waaaay more interested in it.

Show people the first two or three chapters to get them to buy more, and also show them the science behind the great artwork if they are into that.
Suraru

Postby Hazzardous on Thu May 26, 2011 2:11 pm

I use sprays on Team Fortress 2...my current one is just the front cover of Volume 1...

However, I did see someone else use a DK spray on a furry server...it was a shot of the Indigo Twins...
Hazzardous

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Thu May 26, 2011 3:06 pm

I'm trying to advertise "free" DeviantArt DK color comms. But people have to find out what DreamKeepers is first. So far, one person.
SerafinoDragonTamer

Postby Vescott on Sun May 29, 2011 12:23 am

Good, one person can easily multiply on. Keep it up!

But I am posting to point out the Help Out page in the DreamKeepersComic site. Below is the link to the page and these are a lot of great ways to help DK spread.

Keep thinking of new and creative ways to help out DK everyone!

P.S. Great Idea Sera, I realy like it :mrgreen:
Vescott

Postby Kafelnikov on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:15 am

I created the which is steadily growing in membership/viewership, though I imagine a place like that is a place for people who have already discovered DK and decided they like it, and less so a recruitment tool itself.

I've also published which is close to 500 views now after a couple months floating around the internet. It's been getting steady but not overpowering attention.

I've also got a DK t-shirt which has gotten a few people to ask questions so far, though I don't know if I've converted anyone yet.

I think Dave's "Help Us Out!" page is fantastic. Great ideas there, especially about recommending the book to libraries. I wouldn't have thought about that. I think I'll need to talk to the one in my town.
Kafelnikov

Postby Zagura on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Hmmm gonna kinko up some of these flyers and postcards. When college starts up again, I'ma do a advertising campaign for a while, postcards on the buses, flyers on major stops. Not sure how successful it'll be, lol, but we'll see.

EDIT: Noted, the flyer and postcard files are kinda off, none of them are standard size, which makes it a little awkward for printing in mass, since most print stores require standard sizing. Ive tried a few variations in photoshop but it makes the characters seem awkward (either squashed or stretched faces).

One way would be to include white space and then trim with a slicer, but eh, im sure ill find a way to deal with it.
Zagura

Postby WhiteinBlack on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:11 pm

Kafelnikov wrote:I think Dave's "Help Us Out!" page is fantastic. Great ideas there, especially about recommending the book to libraries. I wouldn't have thought about that. I think I'll need to talk to the one in my town.

I think I'm going to try that out. Just need to get some funds and buy vol. 1 and 2 in bulk. Spendy... but worth it!
WhiteinBlack

Postby Zagura on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:17 pm

WhiteinBlack wrote:I think I'm going to try that out. Just need to get some funds and buy vol. 1 and 2 in bulk. Spendy... but worth it!

Iunno, I hear libraries have to actually buy books and stuff through a different license, so there might be some extra stuff behind it but im not sure. Would be an awesome plan though, noted probably only 1 copy of each would be enough.
Zagura

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:11 pm

Dude, just recommended DreamKeepers to a comic/graphic novel shop!

The guy there's pretty cool, so I left the site address, I might even go in with the novels ;D
SerafinoDragonTamer

---------

Next

Return to DK Volunteer Army