You have been Invited...

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: You have been Invited...

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Desmond took his time getting back into his suit. Truth be told, the whole act of him standing in the foyer in his boxers had been more of a distraction than anything useful to the case. He was happy with the knowledge that everyone else had been in the same situation, otherwise there would have been data-scrolls snapping pictures, and the internet would be flooded with bad half-naked pictures of the handsome tiger.

Ah well, at least he felt good undressed. Still, it was cold, best to be back in the suit.

As he pulled on his last shoe, he was directed back towards the detective. On his way he caught a glimpse of Eris, who was looking grumpy, but mostly tired. He’d definitely have to make this up to her.

By the time he got to the detective, Petya was already there, looking a little ruffled. Desmond wore a small grin as he stepped up next to the professor, “Well then. What now Kurgen? Wait for the officers to report in and go from there? I wish I could be of more help.”
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Oseirus on Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:02 am

Kurgen rubbed his eyes. The search had turned up totally fruitless. Even the few who had gloves that could have possibly matched the evidence turned up with their counterparts. True to his word though, Kurgen gave the go-ahead to start slowly releasing guests to go home. There was no more sense in detaining them here any longer. He wasn't about to let them all go in a single throng, for fear of the killer managing to slip away in the chaos, but thankfully the guests responded with syrupy compliance, glad to finally be going home to their beds.

Desmond and Petya were the first to reach Kurgen after their respective inspections.

"Good, I was hoping you two would show up first. We're pretty much done here, but I do have one last question for you..."

He stopped, hesitantly revealing the bloodied garment. A thin, fashionable glove, caked in frozen blood that sculpted it into a slightly crumpled mess. It was small, like a woman's glove, damaged from a use it was never intended for.

"Do either of you recognize this glove? Or who could possibly have owned it? One of my female officers noted it matched rather well with a particular woman's dress... Someone you might be familiar with, a Mrs. Barbera Gutherund. It's shaky at best, but it's our last lead before this case goes cold..."

Kurgen's eyes hopped from one man to the other, a hint of desperation flickering deep inside.
Oseirus

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:10 am

“Perth’s sister?” Desmond looked at the glove intently, “I don’t know for sure. But there is something that’s been nagging me a little.” He glanced over his shoulder, and his voice lowered a little, “It could be nothing but… when I found out that Lady Wren murdered her husband, I was shocked and appalled. But later on, when I told Barbera the awful truth she didn’t even bat an eye. This is her brother we’re talking about, and she just went along like she knew all along…” He trailed off for a second.

“That’s… that would give her an awfully powerful motive, but it’s all speculation on my account. I don’t know how one man’s recollection of an event could prove guilt. Maybe it was too much for her, or she sectioned it off to deal with it later. But… that’s not how it felt to me.”
Chemical Cutthroat

---------

Previous

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...