You have been Invited...

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

You have been Invited...

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:58 pm

All Spirits’ Eve has come and gone.

Presents and good wishes were exchanged, but now the year will soon draw to a close

It was a good year for you and maybe, you look forward to the next.
Right now though, it’s time for a celebration. It’s New Year’s Eve

Wren’s mansion stands before you. It is a long ways off from anything else, for privacy’s sake. The snow is heavy tonight, but the weather report said it wouldn’t get any worse than this, so you aren’t worried about it.

As you walk up the front path, you can hear someone singing that traditional New Year’s song off into the distance. Auld Lang Syne, a song usually sung when saying goodbye. Very fitting.

A quick knock, and Wren’s butler, Sventens, lets you into the mansion. Leaving the cold behind, you stride into the main dining area. Wren’s All Spirits tree is still up, but there is a large data scroll over the fireplace, showing footage of the tower, as they prepare for the final countdown in a few hours.

A few others are here, other party attendees. You were informed the Lady was still getting ready and would be down later; perhaps you shall mingle with the other guests while you wait for your host to join the party.

Our guests tonight are as follows:
Redfox as Professor Petya
tsukos as... Tsukos
Sorrel as Attie.
Mandy as Jessica
Chemical Cutthroat as Desmond Lightwood
Lord of the Forest as Babera
Last edited by Devious_Psychopath on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devious_Psychopath

Re: You have been Invited...

Postby RedFox on Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Petya scoffed his shoes on the placemat just inside the huge, decorative doorway to the mansion. He took off his heavy overcoat, powdered with snow, and the head butler promptly took it for him. Petya didn't recognize the butler from the last time he was here, but the lad seemed efficient and dutiful; two very good traits.

Petya had chosen a rich red suit for tonight's outing. He didn't wear it very often, but it was the holidays, and this was certainly a very special occasion. The fox smiled as he was offered a tray of champagne glasses and he took one as he strolled slowly and leisurely toward the main foyer.

Suddenly, he recognized a familiar face.

"Mr. Lightwood!" He said cheerily. "Haha, it's been a long while since I've seen you face-to-face. Do you remember me? Petya Trofimov! I met you on several occasions before the Lady was widowed. Pleasure to see you again. Off the big silver screen that is."
RedFox

Postby tsukos on Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Tsukos approached the Lady Wren's mansion with his aide, Guillarme Del Arime, shivering slightly from the cold. He made an interesting impression. The entire business world knew his name however, he looked not at all out of the ordinary. Slightly overweight, just enough to cover his toned muscles with soft flesh but not enough to show, and tall, he nevertheless seemed to blend when he didn't desire to be known. The fact that he wore no flashy outfit, merely a conservative pinstriped white tuxedo shirt with a brown vest, and matching suitcoat and pants. The single concession to excessive spending he made was a brilliant silver chain connecting the pockets of his vest through a buttonhole, the right side containing an engraved pocket watch while the left possessed a traditional charm in the shape of an anchor. It was the former which he pulled out of his pocket to check. In doing so the butler was able to see his tough, callused hands which showed no sign of delicate care or pampering.

He was early. After leaving his regards and confirming his invitation with the butler, he walked in to see a few others already here. From what he could tell, they were mostly 'set decoration', people invited for their ability to look pretty and talk about nothing for days on end. But that was why he had Ari; his job was to feed Tsukos important information where he could and also listen and remember.

It was a relationship which had worked well for several years now already. While Tsukos did the difficult work, Ari gave him the input he needed and in return Tsukos gave Ari direction and focus. They trusted each other now as they had on the docks of Margate, which was to say with their lives, and without either one of them the Harbor Fishing Company might not have been able to survive.

To speak of the company would be, of course, the next natural step in describing this man. The Harbor Fishing Company took the previously independent fishermen and their boats, and bought them. Then paid them more for their catches than they could get at market, while somehow managing to sell for less than the competition while guaranteeing freshness. How this was accomplished would be a company secret for many, but for Tsukos it was simple: bulk. By working together, and organizing, more fish were caught each season, more than double, while preventing overfishing. A slight increase in the pay of a fishing crew and a marginal price drop were not enough to reduce the effect of such a large increased supply with which to fulfill demand. And now that the company owned a small majority of fishing business in Andurna, the only way any other company could possibly compete with their prices would be to conduct business at a continuous and unrecoverable loss. Tsukos was proud of this fact, and the fact that Harbor Fishing Co. Fish were nearly always the freshest and tastiest didn't hurt either.

Remarkable, given all that, that the man who ran the company, and from his appearance did so in a very hands-on way, smelled nothing like his product.
tsukos

Postby MandyHabato on Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Jessica pulled her counterpart's arm, hurrying him along as she walked as fast as she could without seeming to be in a rush. Her heels clicked along in an excited pace, forcing her companion to match it.

"Hurry, Johnathan! I can't wait for you to meet her. Oh, this is going to be so much fun!"

She giggled with glee as the millionth smile since she had gotten the invitation sprang to her face. Her dress just barely dragged on the ground as she tried to hold it up with one hand. It was one of her newer pieces of clothing, a recent gift from Johnathan when he heard of the party. She had squealed with delight when sh opened the box, and had peeked at it inside is container almost every day since.

It was a beautiful floor-length Cinderella gown. It was purple, with light-blue lace running from the straps to her wrists. There was a layer of matching lace covering the dress from her hips down, thought it sparkled faintly and split down the middle in the front. It had a low neck-line and she had worn a simple chain adorned with a green necklace, that was accompanied by matching hanging gem earrings. She had on light-purple lipstick, and purple eye shadow, making her eyes pop. Her wavy light-brown hair was left to hang, shining in any light. Her heels, barley seen, were dark blue and short.

Of course, she would not be wearing this without a proper coat. She had on a long tan leather coat, covered on the inside by white faux-fur, and thick white faux-fur gloves as well. It made her look slightly less small, but one could still tell she was quite petite under the thick coat. Her build was only accentuated by her height, which was a little taller than average. Not to say she dieted, but she had a more natural-looking weight, by comparison of some girl's who were skinny from dieting or other methods to look thin.

They got in and the butler took their jackets. Jessie made sure to thank him as he did so. She barely felt she could wait to see her sister again, but she would have to wait. In the mean time, she saw no reason to sit around, anxious for Wren to come down. No, might as well meet the others, maybe memorize some names.
MandyHabato

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:40 am

It was perfectly picturesque as Desmond and his date made their way through the thickly falling snow from the groundcar down the long and winding path towards the mansion. The tall tiger walked with an unhurried pace, the snowflakes dotting his dark black peacoat as they walked up to the front door, the smaller figure next to him keeping his leisurely pace with her arm locked with his. She seemed slim, and maybe six inches shorter than the actor, though it was hard to tell with the fur-lined hood covering her features. They chatted quietly as they walked, the snowfall muffling their words as they made their way to the front door.

Almost automatically, the door swung quietly open, the butler Sventens standing smartly at attention, welcoming them in and ushering them out of the cold. He seemed to hold a barely contained excitement as the actor shook his hand in a firm grip and a dazzling smile, “Sventens sir, a pleasure to meet you in person.” From the peacoat’s deep pocket he produced a tall, thin bottle with an odd stamp on the side, which he promptly handed to the butler, “And a belated All-Spirits’ Eve to you sir.“ He paused as the butler assisted him with his jacket, revealing an immaculately tailored black suit with a faint grey pinstriping, broken up only by a sharp silver tie. In turn, he helped his date slip out of her fur-lined coat.

She was a thin, trim figure, with a brilliant silver evening gown that followed her contours in a manner that was unapologetic towards anyone with a shred of conservative values. She was certainly covered, as the neckline didn’t plunge terribly low, but the dress hung on her curves so that air itself seemed to sweep past her. Her face was pretty, not the smoldering, sex-oozing starlet her build suggested. She had smooth lines and deep black skin that looked like onyx, causing the light to play off of her reptilian lines as much as it did her dress. Soft, downy feathers of brilliant red traced from her crown down to the back over her neck, and the assembly of colors naturally pulled eyes to her figure.

“Sventens, you have the pleasure of being the first to meet Ms. Eris Sephyr.” He handed her coat to Sventens with a smile and a little wink, and Eris extended her hand to the butler, who shook it quickly, “Nice to meet you.” She said with a smile.

Desmond took her arm again and walked with her further into the wonderful mansion, “I won’t steal you from your duties sir, but if you’d like to chat later I’m sure you can find me. Unless things have changed drastically in two years, I should know where I’m going.” He gave a little wave, and then continued into the mansion, his date tacked on his arm. “It’s a nice place really, old world money and architecture lends itself to this sort of thing. You just need to be careful not to get lost is all.” He smiled down to her as they approached the dining hall, “Holding up alright?”

She smiled back a little too-quickly, “I guess. This is all so nice, but I’m really feeling out of my element here. It’s all so… posh. And what if the cam-“

“Not a chance, I promised you a small, quiet, pleasant time… I’m sure we can avoid the press for a few more weeks if we’re lucky. And don’t give me that ‘out of your element stuff’… they may be different walks of life and upbringing, but they’re still dreamkeepers like the rest of us. We’ve been over this, be yourself, enjoy the company, and you’ll do wonderfully.” He gave her a quick peck on the top of her head before they rounded into the dining hall, showing a few other guests mingling around, “See? Pleasant, low key… and I get to see you walking around in that dress all night.”

She glared at him, but it was obviously all in humor, “I still have no idea how you convinced me to wear this.”

“Me either.” He winked, and in they walked. They broke from each other’s arm to snag a drink, and were making their way to some of the other guests when-“Mr. Lightwood!” A voice behind him said cheerily. “Haha, it's been a long while since I've seen you face-to-face. Do you remember me? Petya Trofimov! I met you on several occasions before the Lady was widowed. Pleasure to see you again. Off the big silver screen that is.”

The actor turned to catch the professor as he came towards them, and the thin glass of fermentae blinked from his right to his left hand, and he reached out to shake the older gentleman’s hand, “Ah! It has been a while hasn’t it. I trust your studies have been going well Professor?” He paused just for a moment, “But, before I lose myself here, Professor Trofimov, this is Eris Sephyr.” The tall tiger gestured to the slim woman next to him, who extended her hand as well, “Nice to meet you, what is it that you study if I might ask?”
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby RedFox on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Petya shook Mr. Lightwood's hand, then took Miss Sephyr's and gave it a gentlemanly kiss "A pleasure to meet you." He smiled earnestly and gave her a quick look over. Beautiful dress, he was sure Desmond must have selected it. She seemed a little nervous, so Petya guessed she was either new to this kind of lifestyle, or was anxious to see the Lady. Probably the former.

"Nice to meet you, what is it that you study if I might ask?" The reptilian lady asked, following Desmond's lead.

Petya smiled widely, his greeting fur furrowing around his eyes. "I think I'm through with studying," He eyed them both. "I just want to be sure my students are the ones studying now." He turned to Eris; "For a decade I was a student myself, working my hands to the bone to keep my foot in the door of the Margate Central University. I finally graduated and have been teaching ever since. I don't mean to boast, but I am indeed a person of interest in this day and age. Perhaps, Miss Sephyr, you're more familiar with my formal address: Professor Trofimov? Some contractors are constructing a new university dedicated to my name as endeavors in the Talocan district, you know!" He chuckled pleasantly and finished his glass of champagne.

"Sorry, I admit to rambling now and then. How have things been, Desmond? Are you enjoying yourself, Miss Sephyr?"
RedFox

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:30 pm

“Good good… we’ve wrapped up the last bit of filming on the film adaptation of the books series Shattered Empires, and as much as I enjoyed it I think my body will be glad for the break. Further proof that those dark-fantasy worlds are just fantasy… no proper creature could run around barking orders and swinging a sword like that for days at a time.” He rolled his shoulder in mock soreness, “But it was truly a lot of fun, I hope the fans of the series feel that we’ve done it proper justice.”

“Are you kidding? They’ll love it. Even the most critical fanboy will get goosebumps after you give that speech on the battlements. I don’t know what’s more intimidating to come home to, a renowned actor or a renowned actor who had been playing a king for five months.” She smiled and gave his arm a pat as she sipped her drink and looked back to the Professor, “And I’m enjoying myself for the… five minutes I’ve been here. You must have been right on our heels Professor. I went to a film school in Talocan actually, so I’m not too up to date on the… um…”

“She’s been up to her feathers in working all the special effects for the past few years.” Desmond stepped in smoothly, “Believe me Petya, her work is absolutely amazing. Did you manage to see Rogue Agent that came out last year? The detail and skill she managed with the time-frame that studio on was nothing short of a miracle.”

If the onyx skin lizard could have blushed, she would have, “Please, you make it sound like I made the movie.” She took a long sip of her drink, as though the liquid would settle her nerves for her, “Excuse me Professor… I just thought that a professor at a university both taught students, as well as worked on their own projects and thesis.”

Desmond took a drink from the long-stemmed glass as well, steering the conversation a little after Petya had responded, “I haven’t seen Lady Wren yet tonight, I’m certainly looking forward to seeing her. I haven’t so much as talked to since Perth’s funeral... have you been keeping up with her?”
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby tsukos on Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:12 pm

A simple nod. A whisper or two. That was all most guests noticed of Mr. Tsukos and Mr. Arime. But in truth Ari was feeding information that his superior would need. Most of it was inane to Tsukos, like favorite colors or hobbies, as most of the guests seemed rather... bland in interesting personal details.

A few however did perk his pointed ears. Among the guests, newly arrived, were three of quite a bit of interest... The famed actor Desmond Lightwood, his guest Eris Sephyr, and the somewhat prestigious Professer Petya, whom Ari seemed to know personally. perfect icebreaker there, as Tsukos knew seemingly no one at this party personally besides the Lady Wren herself. So, having Ari lead the way, they went over to greet the small knot of individuals.

"Professor Petya, how nice to see you again!" Ari said, choosing an apt moment in the conversation to interrupt. "How long has it been since I completed your class on accounting and economics now, eighteen months?"
Last edited by tsukos on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsukos

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:40 pm

Sventens made his way through the guests, offering drinks and hor'devores to anyone he passed. As he made his way through the guests. However, he came to a stop as he reached Jessica Night-Reed, though.

He tilted his head curiously at her and looked at until realization dawned on him.
"Oh. OH! You're Miss Night-Reed, correct? Lady Wren's younger sister?" He passed the platers he was carrying to another servant and then bowed to her. "A pleasure to meet you! You're sister would like to speak privately with you at some point during the party. I'm afraid I don't know much more than that, though."

He stood and smiled at her and her date. "May I get anything for you, though?"
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Sorrel on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:48 pm

Attie pulled the heavy bronze knocker three times. An unfamiliar face answered -- a maid whose crisp uniform, slightly less ornate than that of the man with whom she had RSVP'd, suggested a lower serving rank. That meant this woman was probably filling the post of the Mr. Svetens, whose desertion of his position could only mean he was serving drinks and performing his party duties.

Late. Dammit.

"Welcome, ma'am." The maid gave a quick clean curtsy, subtly placing herself between Attie and the rest of the house, a position to deny her entrance if need be. "Do you have an invitation?"

Attie fumbled through an inside pocket of her thick fur coat and pulled out the fancy card. Quite a feat, considering how hard it was to handle things delicately with gloves on. Stupid weather. "Esther Atilax, CEO of Kumollu Information Services." She held up the invitation for the servant to read. "Should be on the guest list."

The woman checked the invitation against her list -- a genuine handwritten roll of parchment, not a datapad note, very nice -- and nodded politely, stepping aside. "Do come in, ma'am, it looks awful cold out there. May I take your coat?"

Attie gratefully shrugged it off and let the maid abscond with it. Free of her wooly-mammoth disguise, she stretched and checked her posture, dragging out memories of high-falutin' party etiquette for the first time in years. First things first: appearances. She straightened the folds of her tailored evening suit, a muted green vaguely Kojiki-style ensemble that hugged her waist just enough to soften the otherwise masculine look. Kailara had done a decent job with the gold embroidery around the edges. Looked fancy enough to pretend not to have been jury-rigged with cheap thread a week ago.

More importantly, the baggy pants nicely hid her springer pistol. Good.

She scuffed the snow from her boots, smoothed her... scruffy head-fur, as if it counted for hair, and stalked into the main hall. The old-style architecture was quite impressive -- she'd forgotten just how massive and ornate these places could be -- but she only spared it all a passing glance, checking for corners and areas with fewer people.

And their hostess.

She had a bone to pick with their hostess. And she still wasn't quite sure if it would involve a bear-hug or an uppercut to the face, guards be damned. Where the hell had Wren been hiding all this time? And why?
Sorrel

---------

Next

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...