would anyone else like to see a prelude about when mace and

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

would anyone else like to see a prelude about when mace and

Postby Zefiren on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:09 pm

It's been said that they've know each other since forever but they must have met at some point right?

Maybe a flashback arc featuring that meeting and the following days from that meeting, did Mace maybe found whip outside the orphanage? Did he take him in to care for him (like a pet?) Did it take a while to understand just what whip was saying?

Just something that I would like to see, anyone agree? Or disagree?
Zefiren

Re: would anyone else like to see a prelude about when mace and

Postby Reaver on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:21 pm

I think they were together since they can remember, meaning the meeting would've happened during the days were Mace and Whip were babies.

I don't think that would make much for a story. Although there's still the question of how they ended up in the orphanage in the first place, since Mace is apparently not Grunn's child.
Reaver

Postby Suraru on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:23 pm

its an orphanage, thats how they met lol

now how mace got there im sure will eventually be revealed in the GNS at some point.

my guess, the troika found him bla bla bla
Suraru

Postby Zefiren on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:58 pm

mighty fast responces you two :P

thinking back on it now, you're right, it wouldn't make much of a story seeing as they were probably babies...
Zefiren

Postby Reaver on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:38 pm

As Suraru suggested, you can still take a different stance, though. Meaning a prelude about how they ended up in the orphanage, how they got together. The whole thing around Mace and Whip.

Although it's a bit too early for something like that. I mean, we got what? 2 Volumes? There's still lots of story to be drawn in the future and maybe we'll actually get some kind of reveal around that topic. Who knows (aside from Dave that is).
Reaver

Postby Oseirus on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:42 pm

I get the funny feeling that Mace and Whip's friendship might actually have some role in the books' story line. Especially considering how unique of a Dreamkeeper Whip is. He's smaller than any we've seen before, he doesn't speak any coherent language, and he has the ability to fly around without the use of his power (otherwise we would see the halo), but even then he's still got all the same mental capacity of any average Dreamkeeper and a VERY defined personality.

I'd even go so far as to speculate that Mace and Whip's powers might be tied to each other, bonded in some way vaguely similar to the Indigo twins. Not to the point where they share the same power, per se, but it would be kinda neat if they complimented each other.

But that's guessing out of my *** way out in left field. I'm probably WAY over-thinking it.
Last edited by Oseirus on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oseirus

Postby Reaver on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Or not. I'm actually seeing a possibility in that happening, seeing as they are as close, like mace stated, as brothers. So Chances are their powers may be tied together in some way. Would be nice to see, since it'd add one more layer to their friendship, thus getting more opportunities for the plot. Good ones as well as bad ones. 8-)
Reaver

Postby Zefiren on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:53 pm

hopefully more good ones than bad ones :)

and hey dave encourages speculation so no harm in guessing out of yer arse right?

This brings yet another question for speculating, whip is such a unique dreamkeeper but what about his parents? What kind of dreamkeepers were they?
Zefiren

Postby Suraru on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:12 pm

Oseirus wrote:he has the ability to fly around without the use of his power (otherwise we would see the halo)

actually flying is probably his passive power, where his halo isnt really visible because he is using so little of his power, my guess is whips power telekinesis or something along those lines.
Suraru

Postby Oseirus on Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:05 pm

Suraru wrote:
actually flying is probably his passive power, where his halo isnt really visible because he is using so little of his power, my guess is whips power telekinesis or something along those lines.

Eh... it's possible, seeing as how he's so small it wouldn't take much to move himself, so he theoretically wouldn't be using a whole lot of his power. But on the flip side of that, you'd think there would be SOME indication he's using powers. Unless Whip's uniqueness extends to the point where he doesn't HAVE a halo. Or something.

I dunno. I still stand by my initial statement. I think Mace and Whip's relationship goes way deeper than "just growing up together". It seems a little odd to me that they would be literal brothers "for the lack of resemblance", but they've definitely got some sort of important connection. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
Oseirus

---------

Next

Return to Comic story chat room