Wisp, wisp, wisp

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Wisp, wisp, wisp

Postby Zagura on Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Well its been said that its not her personalities that make up each of her clones, but "moods".
Zagura

Postby ilvos01 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Well, as a person I would call her bipolar, but with the splitting and talking to herself, it might be DID. (Dissociative Identity Disorder)
ilvos01

Postby Calico Yorki on Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:17 pm

ilvos01 wrote:Well, as a person I would call her bipolar, but with the splitting and talking to herself, it might be DID. (Dissociative Identity Disorder)

The thing is...

...She doesn't have actual, distinct split personalities / identities.

What we can surmise, and I believe David's even confirmed it (I believe, don't quote me on it) that she doesn't have a multitude of personalities, just a tendency to flit between emotional extremes without an appropriate transition.

I personally believe we may be seeing a schizophrenic case in her that's simply recently started to develop - As I mentioned, schizophrenia usually begins to take hold in early adulthood, and it's hard to tell exactly what age Wisp is.

Then again, I think David may have said that he didn't have a specific disorder in mind when he created Wisp. She may simply be psychotic, without a precisely-diagnosed mental disorder.

...And now for something completely different. How about this for Wisp's themesong?

I know, I'm truly and inexcusably horrible.

Honestly, I wonder whether Wisp was born in this kind of state, or whether an event in her past traumatized her so badly that it exacerbated a previous condition...

...It may be tied to how she's so focused to pleasing her "friends."

And why she lost it when Randy tried to touch her.

And the whole meeting Mace over the hill thing.

Do you appreciate the picture I'm painting here?

I really don't want to say it outright.

So, not-so-subtle hints it is.

...Poor Wisp. Poor, poor Wisp.

She tries so hard.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Forgotten dream on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:16 am

I think wisp might be a child from the troll wars. you know with the 'Bandits' ( really merchants who left Anduruna and power users) and all. I think the nightmares have something to do with the war and that also might explain how igrath, scinter, and grunn know about the 'sandman' and the mokoi. well back on topic maybe she was part of them and alone. they were killed and the nightmares mentally broke her and turn her in a tool. This may be a little grim but thats what might be why she is the way she is. they might be just my thoughts and i might be way wrong and it could be just my imagination just acting up.
Forgotten dream

Postby Forgotten dream on Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:58 pm

maybe im pulling all this out of my **** and maybe im totally wrong, who knows.
Forgotten dream

Postby Calico Yorki on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:21 am

And now, like a bat back out of hell, I fly in to terrorize this Forum once more.

Okay. Wisp, Wisp, Wisp...I think that it is entirely possible for her to be a child of the Toll Wars. That would make sense, if her human was traumatized in childhood by a war on Earth, and it would be a phenomenal way to place a close perspective to an event which will undoubtably play a huge part in the storyline.

She needs a hug. Give her a hug, Ravat.

*gets shown Ravat's stabs*
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Fat-Panda347 on Sat May 11, 2013 11:50 am

Hi I am Fat-Panda347

Is it just me or does Wisp and Paige look alot alike in some ways?
Ravat was sent to kill Wisp and end up killing paige and still got paid In the end.
It is all a little strange to me it is just an idea I had just some food for thought.
Fat-Panda347

---------

Previous

Return to DK Characters