Wisp, wisp, wisp

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Wisp, wisp, wisp

Postby Calico Yorki on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:13 pm

Tinsel does not love Wisp.

Merely one reason why she must die.

8<
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby RedFox on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:06 pm

I don't love Wisp.

I personally love the more subtle and calm psychopaths, over the ones who make it painfully obvious.
RedFox

Postby Calico Yorki on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:33 pm

I prefer those who are insane to give off clear signs.

That way you can tell exactly who and where they are, and you know that you must give them proper space and be careful to not accidentally push their buttons. Also, if they are starting to have violent urges, you can see signs, and back off.

Basically, it comes down to a rather simple philosophy:

"If the room is full of hissing snakes, you will stay out and probably live long.

If the room has one silent snake and you enter, you will probaby be bitten."

Plus, Wisp actually wants to make people proud, like Nabonidus...I honestly don't think she's fully aware that, if the plans of the Nightmares come to pass fully, uncountable innocent dreamkeepers and uncountable innocent humans, most of which don't even know her and many who might try to be kind to her, will die.

That's a bit of why she's tragic...Wisp wants to believe in people. She wants to believe at least some individuals care about her. That's why she's so dedicated to Nabonidus - Obviously he values her uses, not Wisp herself. And Wisp is apparently only just realizing that Tinsel is out to get her, and purposefully plays with her emotions...

So, I love her. Because Wisp needs love. Even if she doesn't know who, she should know that some people, somewhere would like to see her happy...But it's all up to your opinion. I'm sure you'd stick by your 'quiet, brooding insane person' preference if it turned out a person sitting right next to you on the bus had been bottling up a psychopathic rage, and had been slowly losing it once they accidentally found a screwdriver.

Then, you might try to strike up conversation with them to make the bus commute less awkward...

Entirely impossible, generally irrelevant, and just Yorki being mean. Sorry. DX>

The point is, I like Wisp, you don't (Or maybe are just neutral, I can't tell because I am admittedly a bit dense), neither of us is wrong, we can just agree that people like Tinsel who take advantage of people who love them would be better off gone for our own reasons.

Now, I've been thinking...Wisp's Power...

Density Control has been brought up. I now accept that.

- Wisp can lower her density to float.

- Wisp can lower her density to phase through solid matter like ice, but not semi-liquid matter like slush.

- She can lower her density and then split up her lighter body into different versions, each controlled by a different part of her fractured personality.

So...If that's true...What if Wisp can do more than decrease her density?

If she can increase her density, a solid hit could do some serious damage.

...My thoughts, once again. /shrug
Calico Yorki

Postby UberUrsa on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:28 pm

The problem for wisp at least is that she doesn't think anyone like her anymore, well except for Nab, but even that is questionable. When she overheard Mace and company discussing how Tinsle should have killed her, she didn't seem too happy, so I think we can count her out of any heel face turn anytime soon.
And then there is the question of where Wisp has gone after...seeing Mace. I don't think she would have returned to Nabdonus, especially since she failed him again.
If she has any survival traits, Wisp will probably fall of the radar for a while, probably popping up in time to try and catch Mace and company later on.
The second scenario is that Wisp is killed by Nabdonus, which would make me sad... :(
UberUrsa

Postby Calico Yorki on Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:39 pm

I personally think someone will show her kindness.

Plus, I get a feeling that Nabonidus didn't expect the mission to succeed...I think he was just testing out the kids.

Overall, I really don't wanna see Wisp die...Plus, I don't think David would kill her off this early. I asked him, and he said that her backstory would be revealed...

...Now I'm getting sad...
Calico Yorki

Postby Tosxychor on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:18 am

Nah, Wisp is too good a character (and relatively innocuous) to be killed off early. Personally, I'm sure it will entertain us for a long time still :D

Plus, what's with people trying to give a single explanation to Wisp's powers? Geez, she just has 3 powers, she's that awesome, let her be that way. :p Plus her phasing power does work through anything IMO, it's just that, having to be activated on command, she might not have had enough reaction time to avoid colliding with the snow. Besides, she passed through it just fine when she went into the air hole.

Also, there's a thing that has bothered me since I saw it: in the "NO TOUCH! EW!" scene, I can't find Wisp's left arm anywhere. Can someone give me a hint? :?
Tosxychor

Postby Calico Yorki on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:13 am

"NO TOUCH!! EW!"

She was swinging her arm to get the toucher off.

...Who else thinks Wisp might've been abused?

Maybe not the cause of her craziness...

...But a cause?
Calico Yorki

Postby FoxPhantom on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:05 am

Meh, I don't think she was abused. However I still find it funny where namah tossed a rock and went through wisp. XD It's as if she is a ghost. A very hard to kill ghost. XD
FoxPhantom

Postby Calico Yorki on Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:19 am

Mace tossed the rock.

And it thonked Namah in the forehead after passing through Wisp.

...I would like to give Wisp some kind of gift.

Like lots of chocolate.

<8/
Calico Yorki

Postby FoxPhantom on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:59 am

But wouldn't she go mad at the drop at the hat? (I don't really know since her emotions are entirely random)
FoxPhantom

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters