Wisp, wisp, wisp

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Wisp, wisp, wisp

Postby Health on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:21 am

Oh look! Another one!
yes, the total topicization (does this word even exist?) continues, and now It's Wisp.
wisp doesn't appear until volume 2, so it was fun to watch her in action.
She (I believe it's a she, though I'm not sure about anything here...) is one of the bad guys, though you can clearly see through her naivity that she's isn't so bad, just a child. A hyper energetic crazy split personality with a twisted moralities child. Now isn't that adorable? ... not? Well, I...

Anyway I was really amazed with her power. She can fly around, go through wall and multiply herself. at first I thought wisp was some kind of ghost, or better a jester spirit. And since she isn't on the characters list I just have know idea ow that power is supposed to be called. Ghost powers?
If you think about it, nothing can hit or block h`r, but it looks like she can hit you. Then there's multiplication, so like she can make a whole army of herself, and last but not least, there always be some weird monster around helping her. (Or I guess it's just a dark dreamkeeper's privilege to control some monsters if needed, I don't know)

Still Mace and company manages to get away, so I guess the only way to really fight wisp is to... oh, now I really don't want to spoil the story for those who didn't read it. yeah, that's the only reason, totally :?
Health

Re: Wisp, wisp, wisp

Postby Zor on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:20 pm

I though it was odd that Wisp, has more then one power. Unless every character has more then one power and we just haven't seen them yet. What i think it is, Since wisp seems to be schizophrenic, those other sides of her self (i think its a she), each one has it own power. That my what i think at lest.

I did think it was really funny, when Wisp pop over that hill to see Mace Peeing, and that moment of silance. before the freak out.
Zor

Postby Twilight on Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:44 pm

Wisp is win XP I loved her reaction when Randy tried to get frisky with her "NO TOUCH!! EW!!" hehe.
I wouldn't be surprised if her power is indeed ghost. she's displayed all the right symptoms.. I mean traits >>

she's a fun one. I wonder what she's gonna do later. 'cuz ya know, she's become aware that Tinsel is a ***** now.. although, why she didn't realize that sooner escapes me XD Only she doesn't seem that intelligent to begin with ^^;
Twilight

Postby Health on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:23 pm

To tell the truth at my first read through of second volume I accidental skipped the page with the peeing scene, so I figured, Lilith defeated the monster, but where's Wisp? It was some time later when I finally found what it was.
I agree, there is some feeling of dirty humour there, like you shouldn't laugh, but the scene's just drawn awesome, the expressions are awesome and once again I'm just going all over with "awesome" on Dreamkeepers. I mean that scene could even traumatize Wisp, since we never see her later in the volume.

As for her powers, I think they all coming from the same source, so in reality it's just the same one power, like every other Dreamkeeper have. But still I just can't get them under one name, except for the ghost powers. So then again maybe Wisp isn't just an average Dreamkeeper. Well she isn't normal, that's for real.
Health

Postby Dez on Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:19 pm

I can discribe Wisp in a few simple sentance.

Crazy spirit with ADHD that needs to be kept in a rubber room.

Enough said.
Dez

Postby Health on Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:04 pm

Well, the problem is Wisp can get out of every room. And c'mon, It's fun to watch her craziness from a viewers perspective.
Health

Postby IanC on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:30 pm

Wondering how she and Randy met up. ...that boy ain't heading for a good end.
IanC

Postby Twilight on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:49 pm

oh yeah.. Although Nabonidous did say randy was powerful.... who knows?
Twilight

Postby Twilight on Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:49 pm

oh yeah.. Although Nabonidous did say randy was powerful.... who knows?
Twilight

Postby Health on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:43 pm

Well, Randy is extremely lucky and knows how to turn that luck into a business.
Although I suggest, Wisp was sneaking around the orphanage, since she has Paige or/and Mace targeted, and Randy just spotted her.
Health

---------

Next

Return to DK Characters