Who are the Troika?

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Who are the Troika?

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:10 am

Seems Dreamkeepers has turned into the biggest Where's waldo game I've ever seen :P.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Hazzardous on Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:14 pm

I'd think Dave would put in a more harder to find easter egg though...like their pet gator for example =)
Hazzardous

Postby Vescott on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:48 am

Oh, ok than. I had just noticed this while looking at crowds of DK characters to get some inspiration. I could not find anything on this so I posted it, and at keast now you will less likely have to bring this up again. At least untill we find out what the reasonings behind this.

Anyways, I have put forth my two cents and again wish you all fun with this.
Vescott

Postby Suraru on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:40 am

ya i noticed him before, but i found him in the forums, cant remember his name, but apparently he is the narrator

found him again,
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=429&p=14231&hilit=blue+halo#p14231

in that link there is a link to where LOTF has also made a thread about him, Nainso Ziska is his name
Suraru

Postby ilvos01 on Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:29 pm

Vescott wrote:Ok, I went ahead and made a colage of the instances and here it is for those who can not find him...
HaloDiscovery!.jpg

Ok, hope this helps and keeps me from the tital "crazed conspiritor" Thank you and have fun with this! :mrgreen:

Is that the one orphan who has a close-up in Vol 1 and is never seen again? No picture, sorry. It's right before the story cuts to Namah.
ilvos01

Postby Calico Yorki on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:48 pm

ilvos01 wrote:
Vescott wrote:Ok, I went ahead and made a colage of the instances and here it is for those who can not find him...
HaloDiscovery!.jpg

Ok, hope this helps and keeps me from the tital "crazed conspiritor" Thank you and have fun with this! :mrgreen:

Is that the one orphan who has a close-up in Vol 1 and is never seen again? No picture, sorry. It's right before the story cuts to Namah.

You prolly already know...

...But that's our friend Nainso, the Viscount's Director of Executive Relations. (Right...?)

Personally, I wouldn't bet on Nainso being on the same side as the Troika. Something tells me - Though I have no evidence, just a gut feeling - That Nainso is aware of their existence, but he just seems like he has too much to lose and too little to gain by working with the Troika from such a high position in the Top Brass of Anduruna's political world.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like his title would imply that Nainso makes sure that everything goes smoothly and all disagreements are settled amicably between all of the different politicians vying for just that little bit more power to satisfy them. For about two days. Ahem. Right.

That might not seem so important, and I won't go into Nainso theories, but while I'm sure that this idea has mostly faded away, I find it doubtful that Nainso interacts with the Troika on any kind of familiar basis.

So...About the Troika. We know by now that "Troika" means "a party of three" in Russian. There have been theories on whether that means it's just a three-person squad in their group or summat.

But I just had a thought. Instead of using Troika to refer to three individuals...

...What if it refers to three cooperative groups?

It could be that we actually have three separate groups that came together in a cohesive alliance for the furtherment of their own goals.

So, what we see of Scinter, Igrath, Indigo, etc., etc. might just be one third of the Troika.

Though, that still leaves the question: Who are the other two parts of the group?

Of course, I'm probably thinking about this all wrong.

...But it's a distinct possibility.

...Maybe.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby DoctorWhat on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:30 am

Calico Yorki wrote:
ilvos01 wrote:
HaloDiscovery!.jpg

You prolly already know...

...But that's our friend Nainso, the Viscount's Director of Executive Relations. (Right...?)

Personally, I wouldn't bet on Nainso being on the same side as the Troika. Something tells me - Though I have no evidence, just a gut feeling - That Nainso is aware of their existence, but he just seems like he has too much to lose and too little to gain by working with the Troika from such a high position in the Top Brass of Anduruna's political world.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like his title would imply that Nainso makes sure that everything goes smoothly and all disagreements are settled amicably between all of the different politicians vying for just that little bit more power to satisfy them. For about two days. Ahem. Right.

That might not seem so important, and I won't go into Nainso theories, but while I'm sure that this idea has mostly faded away, I find it doubtful that Nainso interacts with the Troika on any kind of familiar basis.

So...About the Troika. We know by now that "Troika" means "a party of three" in Russian. There have been theories on whether that means it's just a three-person squad in their group or summat.

But I just had a thought. Instead of using Troika to refer to three individuals...

...What if it refers to three cooperative groups?

It could be that we actually have three separate groups that came together in a cohesive alliance for the furtherment of their own goals.

So, what we see of Scinter, Igrath, Indigo, etc., etc. might just be one third of the Troika.

Though, that still leaves the question: Who are the other two parts of the group?

Of course, I'm probably thinking about this all wrong.

...But it's a distinct possibility.

...Maybe.

The whole "party of three" thing could also be purely symbolic in nature. Maybe they have three principles/commandments that they ad here to.

A sort of "Jedi Code," if you will.
DoctorWhat

Postby Hazzardous on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:29 pm

I'd think the 'three' was the three groups the Rebels fight against;

-Sabbaton Government
-The Gangs of Anduruna
-Nightmares

.....or was that just me? :?
Hazzardous

Postby DoctorWhat on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:47 pm

...That actually makes a whole lot of sense. They have dedicated themselves to fighting the three major evils besetting Anduruna. Thus, they chose the name Troika, to refer to how they will take on three foes at once.

Of course this is all just conjecture that will likely be blown out the window eventually. I feel like a Buffy fan trying to predict Joss Whedon. If you have know idea what I'm talking about,

But whatever, man. Pointless conjecture is 90% of being in an internet fandom. And it's the fun 90%.
DoctorWhat

---------

Previous

Return to Comic story chat room