Who are the Troika?

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Who are the Troika?

Postby WhiteinBlack on Fri May 13, 2011 10:50 pm

I
Ayothes wrote:In the US, citizens were given the right to bear arms in case a dictator were to come to power, in which case the citizens would be able to restore their freedom. Now the Dreamkeepers can't do that. :|

LOL and look how that turned out. We got gangs, a bigger black market, and Alaskans that walk around with guns all over then showing proud (It's true, awesome, and scary). I am kinda of glad of the weapons ban in DK. Though the powers ban, I question.
WhiteinBlack

Postby Suraru on Sat May 14, 2011 12:07 am

well the right to bare arms is more then that, its a reason to defend yourself from others also, so if you were invaded by russians, you had a gun to help keep yourself safe.

unfortunately, many low lifes got a hold of guns (even if a ban in US was enforced, guns would still find their way in, just like illegal drugs) so now you have a great reason to defend yourself.

now a powers ban is reasonable, but you cant always enforce it, its not illegal if your not caught right? well im sure thugs and people still use powers in Calypsa to defend or attack eachother. a good thing about the powers ban, is that if the nightmares or aliens attacked (yes aliens) you dont have to find your way to a military warehouse unarmed to survive.

thats my understanding of it, then again i just got back from rockfest 2011 so whats written above could be very different from what i think tomorrow
Suraru

Postby Hazzardous on Sat May 14, 2011 9:21 pm

If weapons and weapon-impliments are banned, how does one cut their steak? Need a knife for that buddy...
Hazzardous

Postby Suraru on Sat May 14, 2011 9:40 pm

a knife is only illegal if you use it on someone, or if it was designed to kill someone (like guns or ballistic knifes)
Suraru

Postby WhiteinBlack on Sat May 14, 2011 11:05 pm

I just notice that Grunn doesn't have the Symbol. Maybe he isn't part of the Troika, if they are a resistance group.
WhiteinBlack

Postby Suraru on Sun May 15, 2011 12:22 am

well think about it, you have a super secret group against the greatest evil of all time. would you give some idiot sailer who watches kids all day the symbol of your faction?

besides, grunn is the "people" like person right? he has more confrontation with others then any other troikas that we know of that wears the symbol. (assuming he distributes the orphans with parents)
Suraru

Postby BlackMantha on Tue May 31, 2011 6:32 am

He probably has the symbol somewhere, but why would he wear it? A symbol is used to identify you to other members of the group who don't know you yet, and Grunn probably doesn't have much to do with the rest of the Troika. He manages a safe-house, and that means minimizing contact so that no one can find a connection. And in the rare case that a Troika he doesn't know already needs to go to the orphanage, they will know the shark in charge there is a member.
BlackMantha

Postby Vescott on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:36 pm

I have found something BIG that I have not seen anyone bring up and I believe that it has to do with the troika! Warning !, might ruin the plot; I don't know.

The character with the dark-fire ryu-necko in the prelude that collects the refreshment requests in #240-Standard of Friendliness; appears in several of the 2nd volume's comic strips Vol2 pgs 81,82,83,85 and is Using his power in all of them I belive his power is influence and he is using it to incite incidents, plus that would make him an amazing polititian! :twisted:

Exaple; on pg82 The moment he uses his power the crown rushes and on pg85 the moment he uses it while looking at the head guard he changes his attention from "get the crowd clear of the building, get the crowd-" Attention change to "Ah dam-mit- Cordon the area off! Dont let anyone leave!","Find the groundcar drivers theyr in on this!"

I believe that he is either troika and is trying to help or is of a sepparate group and is trying to get something from the building because right after he gets the guard to change his attention to the girl making the building safe he turns and proceedes towards the blasted doors rather than leaving or following the twins. he might be after the telapad? I do not know, This is now open for speculation.

I hope I didn't ruin anything, but I had to find out! :mrgreen: I feel special now!
Vescott

Postby Vescott on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:33 pm

Ok, I went ahead and made a colage of the instances and here it is for those who can not find him...
HaloDiscovery!.jpg

Ok, hope this helps and keeps me from the tital "crazed conspiritor" Thank you and have fun with this! :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vescott

Postby Twilight on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:52 pm

this has actually been discussed before XD just never really in the forum. It's mostly been a chat deal.
Twilight

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Comic story chat room