Who are the Troika?

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Who are the Troika?

Postby Hazzardous on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Resistance and Bandits do seem like they have a common interests...although in terms of violence, I think the Bandits are worse...remember that whole incident with the fallguard disaster?
Hazzardous

Postby TruthQuest on Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:28 pm

They took the blame, then it was never stated directly that it was them was it? :o
TruthQuest

Postby Shadowtag on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:02 pm

fallguard disaster?
Shadowtag

Postby UberUrsa on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:49 pm

It would be worthwhile to go through he rest of the history as well, if for no other reason than to give yourself a better context for the story.
UberUrsa

Postby TruthQuest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Ah but, and do look closely, that all seem just a little too easy to be entirely true. One, who were the anonymous tips from, and two, could there have been just a little tampering with the evidence, especially if there were dark Dreamkeepers influencing events from the inside.
8-)
After all, it was the 'media' who labeled them as 'Bandits'.
TruthQuest

Postby BlackMantha on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:03 am

Especially the slaughtered envoy. That could have been anybody, but it was treated as conclusive evidence.
The first time I read it, I noticed that there is no reason whatsoever for the exiles to engage in random slaughter. The one who benefited most from that mess was the viscount. I don't really think he was involved, but someone :| must have gotten side-benefits.
BlackMantha

Postby Hazzardous on Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Much of contemporary Auduruna history is suspect to conpiracy...even that whole attack at the fallguard tournament seems rigged to setup Auduruna to topple...the fact weapons are banned along with powers is also questionable...
Hazzardous

Postby WhiteinBlack on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Hazzardous wrote:Much of contemporary Auduruna history is suspect to conpiracy...even that whole attack at the fallguard tournament seems rigged to setup Auduruna to topple...the fact weapons are banned along with powers is also questionable...

I have to agree with you. I believe that it maybe the work of Nabonidus. I believe he found a dark Dreamkeeper that he somehow convinced to commit such a large scale massacre. The Dreamkeeper must have been promised something great to do such an act or did it out of enjoyment. Nabonidus must have know that a great misuse of powers would result to such an outcome.
The weapons ban I am not sure how it came. I think it just tagged along with the powers ban. You know, just to make sure the public crime doesn't have an easy time to cause even more havoc.
WhiteinBlack

Postby BlackMantha on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:10 am

WhiteinBlack wrote:The weapons ban I am not sure how it came. I think it just tagged along with the powers ban. You know, just to make sure the public crime doesn't have an easy time to cause even more havoc.

Well, it doesn't make much sense to ban one and not the other, so it seems logical to me both would get banned in the same bill.
BlackMantha

Postby Ayothes on Fri May 13, 2011 8:36 pm

BlackMantha wrote:
WhiteinBlack wrote:The weapons ban I am not sure how it came. I think it just tagged along with the powers ban. You know, just to make sure the public crime doesn't have an easy time to cause even more havoc.

Well, it doesn't make much sense to ban one and not the other, so it seems logical to me both would get banned in the same bill.

Yes it does. The DK weapons are not nearly capable of the scale of destruction some powers can bring, and they could at least limit gun use. (Gun licenses, for example.)

In the US, citizens were given the right to bear arms in case a dictator were to come to power, in which case the citizens would be able to restore their freedom. Now the Dreamkeepers can't do that. :|
Ayothes

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Comic story chat room