Which character in the series do you want dead the most?

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Which character in the series do you want dead the most?

Postby Mr Aerospace on Thu May 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Sorry to veer off topic a little, but how do we know Randy has a powerful power? Because Nabonidus said so, right? And you really believe that Nabonidus wouldn't manipulate people or lie to serve his own purpose?

Don't misunderstand me though, I'm not saying that Nabonidus is wrong about Randy. I just question the credibility and motives of what he said. Telling Randy that he has a great power is pandering, as it is clear that Randy is desperate to find out how to use it anyway. And even if Randy's power was only to fart flowers, having a mole inside an enemy safe-house is a massive coup.

As for how Nabonidus even knows what power a DreamKeeper possesses before the person knows themselves, well, that seems unlikely but not impossible. I am actually inclined to believe that he does know, given that he specifically captured Kalei and Jenaviv, and for some reason is fervently gunning for Mace.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Wulfspyder03 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:19 am

The Lillies actually responded to a comment I made concerning Naby's "power vision" on deviantart hinting that he does indeed have the ability to sense or know what a 'Keeper's power will be. How he has this ability is still beyond me but hey, he can teleport, create phantom limbs that discolor a part of someone's body, and project a force bubble made of acid. I think it's fair to say "Nabonidus does what he wants."
Wulfspyder03

Postby musiquetom on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:00 pm

The Viscount. I started a thread about it.
musiquetom

Postby Aurom on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:28 pm

I really want Randy dead, for multiple reasons.

1. He is (in my opinion) easily the most annoying character that we've seen, and quite possibly the most annoying character in the entirety of the dream world.

2. He has a strong tendency NOT to make friends with those with whom he has equal standing (read 'the orphans') and I doubt this will change when he joins the ranks of Nabonidus' minions. So it doesn't seem likely that he'll have many allies when the time comes, things go south, and someone wants his head on a platter.

3. Randy seemed to unconditionally believe Nabonidus when he was told that his power is an impressive one. THAT does not seem to indicate the sort of deviousness that appears to be necessary to survive and thrive in the ranks of the dark dreamkeepers.

So yeah... I'm predicting he gets killed off by some form of betrayal from within the ranks of the dark dreemkeepers. In the end though, I really don't care how it happens so long as it's unpleasant; Randy deserves that much for causing what happened to Paige.
Aurom

Postby ilvos01 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:10 pm

I want that guy dead.
You know, that guy. That guy on page 105. The yellow puffball dude, looking straight at me.
Cheeky motherfogger.
He's looking at me like I'm mad. Well I ain't mad! You the one who's crazy, crazy.
God. If anyone needed to die, it's that *******.
ilvos01

Postby ezioauditore97 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:31 pm

The plot has already surprised me so I think ANYBODY can die a horrible and visceral death although Randy does deserve it......
ezioauditore97

Postby ezioauditore97 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:35 pm

Why all the Bast hate everyone?
ezioauditore97

Postby BigEasy on Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:52 am

ezioauditore97 wrote:Why all the Bast hate everyone?

Bast made a really, REALLY bad first impression. The first we see of him he starts a fight with Mace and unknowingly makes a move on his crush. At that point we had only seen the story from Mace's viewpoint and Bast was a challenger.

Through Volume 2, Bast just kinda moped and ran around while the other characters were actually doing the story. He was almost a complete non-issue in that volume.

That said, now that we've spent some time with him, he's earned a chance to not be on my list. He's not horrible, not even bad, we just haven't seen enough of his side.

As for who I want dead the most? Randy. Not original, I know, but at least Ravat is honest with himself and others. Randy represents that two-faced insincerity that I hate so much in human beings. He really has no redeeming value at this point. Tinsel can die horribly right afterwards.
BigEasy

---------

Previous

Return to Comic story chat room