Where did you learn about DreamKeepers?

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Re: Where did you learn about DreamKeepers?

Postby davathean on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:54 am

I found out about it from several reoccurring adds on other forums and decided to check it out...
and well here i am. :D
davathean

Location: Battaling nightmare's with a squad of Adeptus Astadie's... "Now die warpspawn!!!"

Postby Kafelnikov on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:39 am

I found DreamKeepers entirely by accident by clicking the wrong ad banner on a webcomic called Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal.

The DK banner was directly beneath one that said "Epic Space Battles!" and I thought it was the same banner. Completely confused as to how a cat woman (Lillith) could possibly promise me epic space battles, I clicked the ad, and the rest is history, you might say.
Kafelnikov

Postby Hazzardous on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:20 am

This is from my intro thread as to how I found DK...most agreed that my stumble was one of the oddest =)

I was on Google one day and I was looking for costume references for some fanfic I was planning when I remembered an old video game for the PS1 called Nightmare Creatures 2. I thought the main character had a cool look to him, so I just googled in the game and went to images. Nearly all of them were screenshots and all, but one of them was actual artwork for what I thought was for the game. Clicking the link, I saw it was monster designs. Curious to read the describ., I closed the image and went to the site. From there, curiousity got the better of me, and I explored the site. Thus, that was how I stumbled upon here...
Hazzardous

Postby Ayothes on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:51 am

A random add on Girl Genius... do you believe in love at first sight?

Normally, I don't touch adds, and I had only started reading webcomics about a week ago (had recently dispensed with the Narbonics archives.) I suppose you could say it was a one in a million chance, especially since I haven't seen that ad again since, and it was an utterly fantastic stroke of providence. :)

I ate up the Prelude archives in a day or two, and was delighted to discover they came with a real comic! :P I downloaded it, and decided that I would love to own a real copy.

And now that I've joined the forum, I hope to glean even more DK tidbits that completely escaped me.
Ayothes

Postby AnimeFan18 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:11 am

I found dreamkeepers by lackadisy's links read the previews, got the novels and now a fan of it
AnimeFan18

Postby WhiteinBlack on Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:02 pm

I found DK from this Youtube music:
WhiteinBlack

Postby Kailash on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 pm

As usual, bored as hell, way past midnight, looking to put up some music, so I went to youtube, and started "You will know us by the trail of Dead - Will you smile again?", and in the links i saw a song from Two Steps from Hell, Sidyana. Curiosity got me and i decided to check it out, and it didn't take long for me to realize that I had struck gold. Been a fan of Two Steps from Hell for a while by now. So yet another night up, having read all new posts on 9Gag as usual (+7 kalei points if you know 9gag.), I got bored again, and set up a new song. after starting another song from Tsfh, i was randomly scrolling through the other videos, and saw a interesting image on another video, so I went and tried that song, Two Steps from Hell - Could've been, which is now my favourite song. It is calming, beautiful, and has alot of meaning to me. Now that image on the video was still bothering me, as it was a beautifully drawn image of a dragon anthro staring down from some mountain outside andurana, with a beautiful moonlit night. Luckily for me, one of the commentors had noted it was from Dreamkeepers, and I thank god (Atheïst though :P) curiosity got the better of me again!
So yeah, I found Dk, and in half a day I read EVERYTHING i could find from Dk, I just simply love it!
So yeah, that's how I ended up here :P
Kailash

Postby Klona on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:43 pm

Well, the time has come for me to explain myself. But first you can blame Sera for me being here. Sera and I have been part of a group of friends for years. One day, we were going to a bowling alley when Sera handed a comic book to one of the others. It turns out, Sera had just recieved the two books that were out. After bothering and asking, I managed to get the first book of Dreamkeepers just as we pulled into the parking lot. During the entire game, I would read when it wasn't my turn, to the annoyance of my friends. By the end of the day, I was convinced that I needed to get the books. A few days later, I managed to procure my digital copies, and my meteor-opic entry to the forums.

While it may not be as colorful or as serendipitious as some of the others, mine may be the most unique. If only because of the involvement of my friends.
Klona

Postby Thegunner18 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:41 pm

At least I'm not the only one who didn't find out about Dreamkeepers through the song 'Could've Been' by Two Steps From Hell. I was sure that, by looking at the comments below, at least one other person must have actually become a member of this forum by listening to that song.

I think, the fact that the picture in the video spurred me into finding out where it came from is a true testimony to Dave and Liz's artistic prowess. It was just so powerful and moving that I HAD to find out where it came from.

And boy am I glad I found out.
Thegunner18

Postby Rubaha Paren on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 am

That was in army. Search for comics in internet with smartphone. Come over prelude...
Rubaha Paren

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Comic story chat room