What is your zombie plan

Wanna chat about something that *gasp* isn't in one of the all-encompassing categories? Come on in!

Re: What is your zombie plan

Postby Dream-Weaver on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:20 pm

I live in Texas, half the people I know own a gun, I know how to use a gun, I know how to aquire a gun, and I have a large enough coin collection (paper money would be useless, but the metal in coins can be salvaged for a variety of purposes) to bribe my way into a safehouse if need be...

Problem solved

P.S We actually have the technology to build a lightsaber, but the power source needed doesn't come in a portable form (yet) and therefore must remain in one place, making it useless as a weapon
Dream-Weaver

Postby Koreth on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:39 pm

My Zombie Plan:

Run away. Get tired. Get caught anyway. Then die screaming tired as my flesh is consumed.

If the zombie apocalypse doesn't come for several more months, and I have the chance to get to the gym often enough to get into better shape:

Run further away. Get tired. Get caught anyway. Then die screaming tired as my flesh is consumed.
Koreth

Postby Hazzardous on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:38 pm

Koreth wrote:My Zombie Plan:

Run away. Get tired. Get caught anyway. Then die screaming tired as my flesh is consumed.

If the zombie apocalypse doesn't come for several more months, and I have the chance to get to the gym often enough to get into better shape:

Run further away. Get tired. Get caught anyway. Then die screaming tired as my flesh is consumed.
Hazzardous

Postby fel4321 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:01 pm

I must say, that being in Boy Scouts Helps in this scenario. Wilderness survival training, indian lore counselor ( learned to make atl atl darts and throwers, knapp flint, throw tomahawk), blacksmithing and metalworking experience, navigation without special tools, among others.

Also, grew up in a hunting and fishing family, so I have a respectable amount of skill in hunting, trapping ,fishing, and tracking. And a little of edible plants.

AND some experience in the Society for Creative Anachronism - leading to experience with melee weapons of many sorts, as well as low energy, high damage ways of using a club.

1) Make a Round shield, and a 2 foot counterweighted club
- Reasoning: round shields are effective for protection, and one that has some mass but is fairly easily handled makes an excellent blunt force weapon in a pinch. A club is easy to handle, can deal significant blunt force trauma to a skull, and doesnt run out of ammo. And, as opposed to a sword/machete, has a large area of damage, and doesnt get bound between bones and/or joints.

2) Collect basic armor ( clear riot mask, or a clear welding shield, good gloves, leather jacket, leather pants, good boots
- reasoning: zombies are efficient biters. neet protection from blood spatter, particularly membranes (IE nose, eyes, mouth). As for the leather: Leather is probably one of the cheapest, lightest, and decently effective protections from biting.

3) find a decent, small car with good ground clearance.
- ground clearance for semi-offroading, small for better fuel economy. Gas is going to be an extremely rare commodity in a short period of time. No point getting a truck if you are going to have to abandon it in half the distance.

4) Get away from highly populated areas.
- there wont be zombies where there were no people
fel4321

Postby Citizen837852 on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:52 pm

My zombie plan?

Ride the tank over the horde of zombies if there is enough gas for it. :twisted:

No gas?

Find a tower, put all the best speakers on that tower and have it solar powered. Let the speaker run 24/7 on max volume to lure the zombies away from town and so forth and it is easier to sneak pass the zombies if there is loud noise over your footsteps.

Find a house with a nuclear bunker under the ground. Learn how to dig under the ground safely and how to build underground compounds. Build a giant farm underneath it with a sliding grass platform on top and have a nice green house compound underground. (The top shielding be layered with 3 bullet proof glasses.)

Set up more traps and lures to have zombie fallen into the pit with tower of speakers dragging them, preferably a nice fiery pit of coals.

After sustainably reduced the population of zombies. I'll...

Capture a zombie and play texas hold-em with them. (Chained them up of course.) :D

That'll be the life.... :lol:
Citizen837852

Postby Wulfspyder03 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:01 am

Live out of a car, have a gun and lots of ammunition, get a battery operated chainsaw, learn to enjoy uncooked food from the can, and, finally, save the girl.
Wulfspyder03

---------

Previous

Return to 'Other' - miscellaneous discussion