What are you listening to right now?

Wanna chat about something that *gasp* isn't in one of the all-encompassing categories? Come on in!

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Postby Reed R Gale on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:12 pm

Bronies, Ponies, and Homestuckians unite! :P
Reed R Gale

Postby DanWithTheHat on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Reed R Gale wrote: Bronies, Ponies, and Homestuckians unite! :P

When I first saw this video, I didn't realize the song was originally made for MLP until I looked at the comments. O.o It really fits Homestuck well.

This week, I have been listening to M83's Album, "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" . The song, Midnight City is so catchy. The music video is interesting as well.

There is also a continuation of this music video with their song, "Reunion".
DanWithTheHat

Postby RedFox on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:31 am

DanWithTheHat wrote:This week, I have been listening to M83's Album, "Hurry Up, We're Dreaming" . The song, Midnight City is so catchy. The music video is interesting as well.

There is also a continuation of this music video with their song, "Reunion".

Wow, I didn't think anyone else listened to M83!

I've been a huge fan of them since the debut of their first album, and Hurry Up, We're Dreaming was realeased shortly after I had gone to Russia last year. Luckily, through the power of internet cafés and torrents, I snagged the album on it's release date and was filled with joy upon discovering it was a double album. The album became my soundtrack for my time in Russia.

'Midnight City' is fantastically catchy, sure, but the longing, distant, agonizingly ambiance of 'Wait' is the one that crowns the entire album for me. The builds, the swells, the falls, the drum fills, the echoing vocals, the feeling of a warm sort of lonelines; this song invokes the hundreds and hundreds of memories of Russia...and now it tends to invoke memories of other wonderful events as well.

The album holds a very, very special place in my heart.
RedFox

Postby Hazzardous on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:53 am

-from the asdf movies

Those 'hello's' the turtles make are just so adorable...even if they explode afterwards...
Hazzardous

Postby DanWithTheHat on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:57 pm

RedFox wrote:Wow, I didn't think anyone else listened to M83!

I've been a huge fan of them since the debut of their first album, and Hurry Up, We're Dreaming was realeased shortly after I had gone to Russia last year. Luckily, through the power of internet cafés and torrents, I snagged the album on it's release date and was filled with joy upon discovering it was a double album. The album became my soundtrack for my time in Russia.

'Midnight City' is fantastically catchy, sure, but the longing, distant, agonizingly ambiance of 'Wait' is the one that crowns the entire album for me. The builds, the swells, the falls, the drum fills, the echoing vocals, the feeling of a warm sort of lonelines; this song invokes the hundreds and hundreds of memories of Russia...and now it tends to invoke memories of other wonderful events as well.

The album holds a very, very special place in my heart.

That's awesome! Its amazing how music can attach itself to memories and experiences both good and bad. Its one of the reasons why music has always fascinated me as a whole.

I discovered M83 after listening to 'Midnight City' on one of the local alternative rock radio stations this Winter as I was sitting in traffic when coming home from work. That song and 'Reunion' were the only songs I had from them on my playlist for awhile but I just recently bought the full album. Lately, It has been my go to album to listen to when making various test reports at work. It gets me in the zone! :D
DanWithTheHat

Postby deltron zero on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:54 pm

How's about we bring things back on track. I love this one, and don't know at all where to find the song. But here's one originally by Bright Eyes, covered by the Killers.

deltron zero

Postby Thegunner18 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:12 pm

Just listening to Queens of the Stone Age and remembering how good their songs are. Nostalgia to the extreme! Don't know how I haven't listened to them since I was about 12 years old D:

Thegunner18

Postby DanWithTheHat on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Its too bad Dave Grohl didn't play the drums in any other Queens of the Stone Age Album. His style fit well with them.

I've been listening to a lot of Foo Fighters lately (you can never have too much Dave Grohl :D ). This is one of their older songs but its one of my favorites:

I also have been listening to Silversun Pickups.

DanWithTheHat

Postby Paperfold on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:44 pm

The is going on right now! Pay what you want for five albums or pay more than the average to get six!
Paperfold

Postby Calico Yorki on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Guess who saw Interstella 5555 the other night? Now listening to:

Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People
---------

PreviousNext

Return to 'Other' - miscellaneous discussion