Well now, I need a Dreamkeeper, but I can't decide.

Every human has their own unique persona in the DreamWorld - and, frequently, online! Come mingle with the colorful cast, and introduce your own character to the mix.

Well now, I need a Dreamkeeper, but I can't decide.

Postby Graystripe77 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Last time, I accidentally posted in the wrong sub-forum. Oops. Let's try this again...

I'm in need of ideas for my DK. Normally I could just do it myself, but I'm at a loss. I feel that I would portray my dreamkeeper differently than others would. So, I'm asking for some ideas. Keep in mind that these are just ideas, and I will probably end up coming up with my own idea. Still, I hope this can be a fun thought experiment. Anyways, since a Dreamkeeper's looks reflect the person's personality, I should describe myself:
- Introvertive
- Sort of antisocial, I'll rarely talk unless someone else initiates conversation.
- I like being alone
- Tall
- Skinny
- I dislike most mainstreamed, overused crap; I am my own, unique person
- Pretty smart, usually reading something
- I'm definitely not a cool person, but I try not to act my odd self when around other people

So, any thoughts?
Graystripe77

Re: Well now, I need a Dreamkeeper, but I can't decide.

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:27 pm

Well, are you looking for an animal sort of idea or a general description based on those traits?

For the former, I imagine focusing on the quiet/loner aspect. Things like cats, minks and ermines... reptiles are always something I relate to being a 'loner'. Thry are very independant critters, and they can certainly be rather odd.

For the latter, I imagine a tall and thin frame, maybe to the point of gaunt or a little 'too' thin. Dark colors, like deep blues and greens, with sharp contrast here and there... maybe cool patterns or tattoos. The eyes would be important. They'd have to show you as intelligent, but maybe a little nervous or odd.

Just my two cents.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Calico Yorki on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:11 am

Well, an image was kind of put into my head while reading. I'm in agreement with Cutthroat that he sounds mainly like a reptile.

A sort of chameleon-like dreamkeeper, with skin that's normally gray with darker gray stripes; stripes that flush to some other color when upset or excited. Digitigrade, with skinny limbs and pretty long claws, and a few small spines on head, neck, and shoulders.

Plus, I got an image of large, watchful eyes, green with ochre rings a little space away from the irises/pupils. Really good for reading in dim light, and normally with a look that seems to telegraph inward-directed contemplation.

I was thinking medium-tall and skinny, once again like Cutthroat; except maybe instead of just being he could have some feline or ermine traits as well, such as a furry tail, some portions of his body, scaly feline ears, etc., etc.

Not sure if I've been very helpful; I hope so, though.

Hope your dreamkeeper-making goes well!

8D
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Clast on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:21 am

Rather than just throwing out a random description, I want to think about this...he does sound like someone...erm...reptilian. He seems like he might have few friends, but the ones he has a very strong. He wouldn't ever go behind there back, and likewise neither would they.

I'm imagining some sort of a tall, Tautara-esq creature, with mainly drab greens and grey scales, with the normal heavy-plated tail. Like others have said, I can imagine something that would stand out heavily, either vibrant eyes, or some ornamental crest atop his crown. Just from this, he would likely be physically frail, but fast, and be quite shy/easily frightened, much like you stated. Also, his mouth would likely be full of sharp teeth, and elongated talons.

As a note: don't forget that as this family of reptile, he would have a "third eye" on his forehead. Weird, but he would have great senses. look up Parietal eye.
Clast

Postby Nyxira on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:09 am

My thoughts on this, when I close my eyes to mull over the traits, is more of a hedgehog-like character, but of course tall and thin. Something kind of prickly and unapproachable on the outside, but like... with soft eyes.

Something kind of like this? That's just what I see in my head, personally.
Nyxira

Postby Graystripe77 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:14 pm

Nyxira wrote:My thoughts on this, when I close my eyes to mull over the traits, is more of a hedgehog-like character, but of course tall and thin. Something kind of prickly and unapproachable on the outside, but like... with soft eyes.

Something kind of like this? That's just what I see in my head, personally.

Nice I like it! This is a bit old, outdated topic. Still, I like the idea for a character.
Graystripe77

---------

Return to Character cafe'