Volume 3: Intentions Entwined. Discussion Thread!

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

Volume 3: Intentions Entwined. Discussion Thread!

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:30 pm

Warning! This Thread is for discussing Volume 3 material!

Spoilers Ahead! Flee! Flee while you still can! Spoilers are hazardous to your health!

...In other words... If you have not read V3, go no further!

Now that that's out of the way, let's talk about all the wonderful V3 thingies, yes?

I have a massive amount of things to discuss, but it will take me some time to get everything into a single post. So while I busy myself putting this wall together, someone else feel free to start us off.

Actually... I do have a very small tidbit to start us off.

OH GOD! IT''S DEAD! GRUNN'S PET SLOB IS DEAD! RAVAT, YOU *******!

...I'm done, now to work on my wall.
Devious_Psychopath

Re: Volume 3: Intentions Entwined. Discussion Thread!

Postby Pyroxt on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:04 pm

I suppose I can start off this discussion.

I just have to say, I in no way saw Namah falling for Bast(Dave you've done it again).

I also really enjoyed Ravat's part where he's trying to unlock Mace's power, it's a shining point for his character(Though shining is used loosely, if you know what I mean)
Pyroxt

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Okay... I've decided to forgo the wall and just discuss things as they come up.
Which brings me to that scene you just mentioned.

Ravat is very intent on triggering mace's power and not too focused on killing him. From confessing to Paige's murder to even attempting to rot his feet off, all of Ravat's actions seemed point to trying to activate Mace's power.

He even mentioned that the Sandman's orders were to kidnap, not to kill.

...And who did the Sandman attack first?

Mace. It went for Mace.

This leads me to believe that Mace's power is very important somehow and the Nightmares... I dunno... Want him for it?

Or maybe Ravat just wanted a challenge in killing Mace. Who knows? :?
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Pyroxt on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Maybe Ravat only killed Paige so that when Mace found out he did it, he would unlock his power with a combination of self preservation and wanting vengeance.
Pyroxt

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:58 pm

No. Remember Ravat was only at the orphanage to sabotage Wisp's kidnapping plans. He probably had no clue about her friendship to Mace.

Just that she was alone and away from everyone else.

Then again.... he mentions he had to fight off the sandman before he even started in on her. Perhaps there was more than one kidnapping target?

What better way to sabotage someone's plans, than to destroy (or in this case, kill) the very thing they're after?
Devious_Psychopath

Postby IronFox on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:38 am

Something I noticed after reading through volume 3 and tendril's demise (tendril, how's he for a king kreep ? never trust a poet ).

In tendril's demise, mace is the only one who doesn't use his power to fight tendril. and in vol 3, he manages to take out a sandman with a blanket and hid ingenuity. so, I can't help but wonder how important Mace's power is, and what it can do.

Also, I wish I had my bachelor party at that club.
IronFox

Postby TruthQuest on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:43 am

I have an alternate name for this novel, "United by Failure". It fits so well. All the main characters failed in their objectives so badly; :roll:
Bast, at getting the baddies off there tail, Lilith, at talking to their dad, Mace, at finding Wisp, Whip, at saving Mace, Ravat, at activating Mace's power and capturing him, Grunn teleported everywhere but where he needed to get until it was to late, Tendril lost his eyes, Vi happened to be there with new recruits when he did and had to rescue a poor helpless girl :twisted: , Scinter's plans for the kids flopped big time, Igrath touched the wrong things, Wisp has no-hideout-no-more, and Tinsel won, . . . damn she did didn't she. :evil:
TruthQuest

Postby Mr Aerospace on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:48 am

Sweet, my spoiler tag acid removal kit arrived in the mail right at the end of the day...man I was so bloody restless this arvo! Anyways, I can now join the conversation, and I choose to steer it back towards that charismatic hunk, Ravat.

First off, lets settle the facts a bit. Before V3 we knew the following:
- Wisp executes an early attack on the orphanage, to impress Nabby.
- Tinsel sends Ravat out to sabotage Wisp's plan.
- Ravat's only action is to kill Paige. (anecdotal, but fairly evident)
- Wisp's mission fails.

Therefore we can safely assume that Paige dying caused Wisps' mission to fail. Thus, we can infer that Nabonidus wanted Paige alive, which in turn must also mean that she was to be captured as part of his plans for Mace.
However, while Wisp's plan failed because of Paige's death, Nabonidus' overall goals did not. I hate to think it, but the only conclusion I can see is that Paige's death was inevitable and Ravat killing her was probably in all honesty a far quicker and merciful way to go than was perhaps originally intended by Nabonidus.
Devious_Psychopath wrote:Ravat is very intent on triggering mace's power and not too focused on killing him.
This leads me to believe that Mace's power is very important somehow and the Nightmares... I dunno... Want him for it?
Perhaps Ravat killing Paige was the "unforeseen benefit" that Nabonidus mentions in V2. Maybe it allowed Nabonidus to keep to the shadows and delegate Ravat the task of awakening Mace's power. Seeming that her torture and death could no longer be performed in front of Mace, then the trauma of being tortured by her murdered probably should have done the trick. Damn Mace is a resourceful one isn't he!

As for Mace, well...I haz a theory! I haz lotsa theoreses, but I'za no tell them naow.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Mr Aerospace on Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:54 am

Come to think of it...why wasn't Ravat instead using Whip as a trigger...curious, but that leads me to believe that Whip is on the same "Do not kill, yet" list for a reason too.
Mr Aerospace

Postby AnimeFan18 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:19 am

my reaction to somevents:

wtf, tinsel used to be councillor dressed until ... nicki minaj ! !

wow grunn got 'balls of steel' to resist that

DAMN YOU CALAH ! ! !

lilith talk back poetry LIKE A BAUZZ, now we all be terrified of her

namah as possible boyfriend, newscast failure

just seein kalei scarred like that, how sad
AnimeFan18

---------

Next

Return to Comic story chat room