Viscount Calah

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Viscount Calah

Postby Health on Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:52 pm

DoctorWhat
That is exactly what I want to hear, good job.

Next topic is if Viscount Calah cares for his daughter, like any normal person would.
First of all there is a theory that everything Calah does is for him and his reputation only.
The issue I see with it is there is a strong basis to believe, that the Viscount is a naive person, and those two traits of personality won't bring a person into the position of Viscount of Anduruna.
You can say that some other party could be responsible for this, but then he wouldn't become a target for Tinsel's manipulations.
Health

Postby matsananimal on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Health wrote:DoctorWhat
That is exactly what I want to hear, good job.

Next topic is if Viscount Calah cares for his daughter, like any normal person would.
First of all there is a theory that everything Calah does is for him and his reputation only.
The issue I see with it is there is a strong basis to believe, that the Viscount is a naive person, and those two traits of personality won't bring a person into the position of Viscount of Anduruna.
You can say that some other party could be responsible for this, but then he wouldn't become a target for Tinsel's manipulations.

Agreed, I believe he's just a puppet.
8-)
matsananimal

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:29 am

So.... Is Naham Tinsel's daughter or did she just pop into the picture afterward? We know that Tinsel wants to kill Naham almost from the begining, then Lillith got pulled into it. Calah seems to be too wrapped up in his own business to notice what's really going on around him.

If you ask me, he really isn't father material, We have no idea of what happened to his past wife(wives)m or how he got into office. We can tell in prelude, the other politicians don't buy his acts of using Lilith to boost his ratings.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby matsananimal on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:29 am

Hakuzo NightFox wrote:So.... Is Naham Tinsel's daughter or did she just pop into the picture afterward? We know that Tinsel wants to kill Naham almost from the begining, then Lillith got pulled into it. Calah seems to be too wrapped up in his own business to notice what's really going on around him.

If you ask me, he really isn't father material, We have no idea of what happened to his past wife(wives)m or how he got into office. We can tell in prelude, the other politicians don't buy his acts of using Lilith to boost his ratings.

Indeed, Viscount Calah is being all politically correct and is not father material.
Tinsel must be the one most likely to kill him.
:geek:
matsananimal

Postby BlackMantha on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:47 am

At least he is taking care of Namah. It would have been much easier and less risky to send her away somewhere. For me, his defining moment is still . He answered his 10(?) year old daughter as if he was dodging questions from the press.
BlackMantha

Postby Twilight on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:18 am

I know that Calah isn't in good standing right now, with how he is, hasn't made the best impression in any way or form. So far he's been a disconnected douche, and no one can possibly agree that what he did to Namah is in any way good, except for the people who realize that if she'd had a normal childhood, she would've probably turned out normal XD;;;

What I'm trying to say is, Calah's literally the single most important official in Anduruna, a LOT rests on him, he has to have a hand in every single political and social proceeding in the dreamworld's largest, and most populated city. Based on every one of his appearances, he's just auto-piloting through life at this point. The world's placed so much of it's weight on him that he's become repurposed to do just that. The fact that Lilith got through to allowing Namah an education, and later in time, to go to school, is nothing short of Lilith presenting her argument in a way that makes sense to him. He doesn't understand a lot outside of his realm of work, but it's not like he has a choice.

Calah ending up, some how, miraculously getting some vacation time would probably turn him into a very different character for a bit.
Twilight

Postby matsananimal on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:19 am

BlackMantha wrote:At least he is taking care of Namah. It would have been much easier and less risky to send her away somewhere. For me, his defining moment is still . He answered his 10(?) year old daughter as if he was dodging questions from the press.

Well, yes and no,

Yes by keeping her safe,
No because he's isolating her.
:|
matsananimal

Postby Kixxar on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:43 am

Well he is having her cared for.... not necessarily caring for her.

We have an opinionated insight on what, at least, happened to Lilliths mother.
... getting rid of the mother and spinning the 'struggling single parent' angle was brillant...
- Emissary Truproc (lizard dude)

'Getting rid of the mother' brings back Calah's theoretical use of Lillith in his electoral endeavors.
Kixxar

Postby matsananimal on Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Kixxar wrote:Well he is having her cared for.... not necessarily caring for her.

... getting rid of the mother and spinning the 'struggling single parent' angle was brillant...

'Getting rid of the mother' brings back Calah's theoretical use of Lillith in his electoral endeavors.

I think Viscount Calah is just an incompetent father, not sociopath.
He cares about his daughters but is simply a poor father.
matsananimal

Postby DoctorWhat on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:03 pm

Twilight wrote:I know that Calah isn't in good standing right now, with how he is, hasn't made the best impression in any way or form. So far he's been a disconnected douche, and no one can possibly agree that what he did to Namah is in any way good, except for the people who realize that if she'd had a normal childhood, she would've probably turned out normal XD;;;
If that were true, it wouldn't explain how my sister and I , who have had completely normal childhoods, ended up OUT OF OUR FREAKING MINDS. :lol:
Twilight wrote:What I'm trying to say is, Calah's literally the single most important official in Anduruna, a LOT rests on him, he has to have a hand in every single political and social proceeding in the dreamworld's largest, and most populated city. Based on every one of his appearances, he's just auto-piloting through life at this point. The world's placed so much of it's weight on him that he's become repurposed to do just that. The fact that Lilith got through to allowing Namah an education, and later in time, to go to school, is nothing short of Lilith presenting her argument in a way that makes sense to him. He doesn't understand a lot outside of his realm of work, but it's not like he has a choice.

Calah ending up, some how, miraculously getting some vacation time would probably turn him into a very different character for a bit.
That's what I was trying to get at before. His position and busy schedule means that he can't really be the best father to either Lilith OR Namah. But I still think that his blind ambition, putting his career first and children second, leaves plenty of the blame on him. A father's first and greatest responsibility is always his children, IMHO.
matsananimal wrote:
Kixxar wrote:Well he is having her cared for.... not necessarily caring for her.

I think Viscount Calah is just an incompetent father, not sociopath.
He cares about his daughters but is simply a poor father.

Exactly. I personally think that he didn't "get rid of the mother." More likely, since Lilith and Namah are around the same age (presumably), Lilith's mother found out about the affair and left him. this makes more sense to me. The politicians, naive and unfeeling as they all seem to be in the Dreamworld, don't know about the affair and thus assume politics was behind it, having absolutely NO understanding of a person's feelings for the same reason Calah is such a bad father.
DoctorWhat

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters