Viscount Calah

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Viscount Calah

Postby DoctorWhat on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Because I needed a thread to analyze how much I hate him and why. :evil: Seriously, does the Viscount care about anything other than his own personal agenda? Either use this to analyze him or vent your frustration towards him. The two are not mutually exclusive in his case, I think.

To start the discussion, does Viscount Calah actually care about Lilith, or does he only care about the votes she brings him? To quote one unscrupulous reptilian politician:
Nothing beats the empathy game.
He also does not seem to make a lot of room in his schedule for spending time with her.
DoctorWhat

Re: Viscount Calah

Postby matsananimal on Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:47 pm

DoctorWhat wrote:Because I needed a thread to analyze how much I hate him and why. :evil: Seriously, does the Viscount care about anything other than his own personal agenda? Either use this to analyze him or vent your frustration towards him. The two are not mutually exclusive in his case, I think.

To start the discussion, does Viscount Calah actually care about Lilith, or does he only care about the votes she brings him? To quote one unscrupulous reptilian politician:
Nothing beats the empathy game.
He also does not seem to make a lot of room in his schedule for spending time with her.

I'm sure at a certain degree he cares about her, but clearly not anywhere as much as he actually should.
:cry:
matsananimal

Postby UberUrsa on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:43 pm

I don't know about the rest of the people here, but I find it very hard to hate on a character who is never in the comic and holds a loosely defined position (no offense Dave). We have no idea how much time he literally has to spend doing his job, in addition to that we have no idea what his motivations concerning Namah are. realistically, she lives in the lap of luxury and while she isn't allowed to "exist" If she did it would be as the illegitimate child of the Viscount and not as anyone else.

The Viscount's sheltering of her could literally be shielding her from the outside world, which probably wouldn't be kind or would forget about her.

I'm not saying this is the best idea (digging a hole and all that) but it could explain his motivations.

Devil's advocate out.
UberUrsa

Postby matsananimal on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:56 pm

UberUrsa wrote:I don't know about the rest of the people here, but I find it very hard to hate on a character who is never in the comic and holds a loosely defined position (no offense Dave). We have no idea how much time he literally has to spend doing his job, in addition to that we have no idea what his motivations concerning Namah are. realistically, she lives in the lap of luxury and while she isn't allowed to "exist" If she did it would be as the illegitimate child of the Viscount and not as anyone else.

The Viscount's sheltering of her could literally be shielding her from the outside world, which probably wouldn't be kind or would forget about her.

I'm not saying this is the best idea (digging a hole and all that) but it could explain his motivations.

Devil's advocate out.

Or just to protect his image. :(
matsananimal

Postby Lord of the Forest on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:40 pm

He's a celebrity first, so I haven't been as appalled at his actions as I should be. I don't think we're going to ever get much of a touching moment between him and Namah. If we do, I have no doubt it'll be pretty tense.
Lord of the Forest

Postby DoctorWhat on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:08 pm

Lord of the Forest wrote:He's a celebrity first, so I haven't been as appalled at his actions as I should be. I don't think we're going to ever get much of a touching moment between him and Namah. If we do, I have no doubt it'll be pretty tense.
It would probably involve a lot of yelling on Namah's part.

I mostly hate on the Viscount because of the way he treats Namah. I know what it feels like to not have any friends and feel alone. :cry: I just can't believe any parent worth his shorts would do something like that TO THEIR CHILD. It is quite possibly one of the most selfish acts I have ever heard of The poor girl is deprived of a normal life so that Calah can have a flawless image. It's just so....horrible!!!
DoctorWhat

Postby matsananimal on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:19 pm

DoctorWhat wrote:
Lord of the Forest wrote:He's a celebrity first, so I haven't been as appalled at his actions as I should be. I don't think we're going to ever get much of a touching moment between him and Namah. If we do, I have no doubt it'll be pretty tense.

I mostly hate on the Viscount because of the way he treats Namah. I know what it feels like to not have any friends and feel alone. :cry: I just can't believe any parent worth his shorts would do something like that TO THEIR CHILD. It is quite possibly one of the most selfish acts I have ever heard of The poor girl is deprived of a normal life so that Calah can have a flawless image. It's just so....horrible!!!

Indeed, he must die. :evil:
matsananimal

Postby DoctorWhat on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:21 pm

matsananimal wrote:
DoctorWhat wrote:

Indeed, he must die. :evil:
HORRIBLY AND WITH FIRE!!!!!! :twisted:
DoctorWhat

Postby matsananimal on Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:24 pm

I mostly hate on the Viscount because of the way he treats Namah. I know what it feels like to not have any friends and feel alone. :cry: I just can't believe any parent worth his shorts would do something like that TO THEIR CHILD. It is quite possibly one of the most selfish acts I have ever heard of The poor girl is deprived of a normal life so that Calah can have a flawless image. It's just so....horrible!!![/quote]

Indeed, he must die. :evil:[/quote]HORRIBLY AND WITH FIRE!!!!!! :twisted:[/quote]

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! DADADADA! DADADADA! BOOOOOOOMMMM! WHOOOOOOOSH!
:mrgreen:
matsananimal

Postby Health on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:20 am

Let me be a little heartless here, but isn't the best way of hiding an illegitimate child is to get rid of her quietly.

If you look at Tinsel, for example, first thing she does when Viscount's daughters cross her path is try to kill them even if she is to become their stepmother.

So clearly there is at least one character more cruel and selfish for al the hate to go into.
Health

---------

Next

Return to DK Characters