VI

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: VI

Postby Klona on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:04 pm

I could have sworn that that was discussed already, but that is a key point.
Klona

Postby Calico Yorki on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Welp.

We really can't tell from what we've seen so far.

If she's got enough strength to lift that gun, in every muscle in her body, it's not a lack of dexterity that would prevent her from maneuvreing. As Twi and I think a few others have stressed, it has to do with inertia and mass and all sorts of physics that make me want to take a nap bluh. X<

Anywho. There has to come a certain threshold where, no matter how dextrous and nimble she is, she'd simply be going too fast and with too much force to even try and change direction without going ***-over-tea kettle. Am I understanding this right, someone who actually knows the finer points of physics and inertia? Please don't let me babble on if I'm wrong, please, I don't want to embarrass myself again so soon.

Otherwise, if her Power's natural gift of increasing her stamina, ability to withstand pain, durability, etc., etc. is enough to permit it, she could actually just turn herself into a living bullet so long as she's not near any steep falls or pointy surfaces. Then again, with how crafty she is, she could probably figure out how to maneuvre reasonably well even given the drawbacks.

But it wouldn't be through agility alone. I don't think natural, inherent agility would be enough to overcome a trained Power's own resulting inertia.

Am I right or wrong?

i can't tell

8<
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Twilight on Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:42 pm

I think the reason Vi's natural agility hasn't come up is because it seems like kind of a given, almost like discussing that Grunn is fat XD it's obvious.

Also, I'm not sure I should be talking about Vi's power's details. I don't actually know what she does, but I do know what she does NOT do, which entails a lot of the things that have been guessed at. Just... .things are not always just what they seem ^^;
Twilight

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Calico, you're close to spot on the mark with the dynamics...except that Vi's a featherweight, if she took off as you say and actually hit anything really big at high speed, even if it's a glancing blow, she's far more likely to go splat or to tumble out of control than cause damage to the larger object.
Yes, her durability, stamina etc. may increase, but I doubt it's by that much. I would think it''d be like comparing it to dropping an egg and a hard boiled egg off the top of a building.
(Also, it was meant as a counterpoint, if she's got the power to go fast, why does she not have the power to slow down or change direction fast as well?)

I was really just trying to make the point that it is usually a bad idea to sacrifice the natural agility to avoiding being hit for a ludicrous speed where she is likely to do herself harm anyway.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Calico Yorki on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Well, you have me there.

Human bullet would be a bad idea in Vi's case.

But the thing is, her Power isn't to go fast. It's super strength. The idea was brought up that her leg muscles would, by a derivative of her own strength, be able to propel her faster. The thing is, her Power doesn't include the necessary functions to assist with that use, to my understanding.

So, if she's really careful about how and when she activates or deactivates her Power, she could probably maneuvre pretty well. Actually, not even then - If she's using that rifle, then deactivating for controlled movements would defeat its own purpose, as the rifle would be too heavy to carry without her Power.

Well, maybe in short, arcing leaps she could move faster, but in an all-out sprint, she'd most likely end up busting herself into a million pieces on hitting a solid surface. So, it might be that it's not high-speed movement itself that's out of the question, depending on the kind of movement it is.

I think that's the gist of it. Based on what Twi just said I'm even more confused though

X< X< X<
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Avolendi on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm kind of wondering if her power is to make objects lighter rather than making herself stronger.
Avolendi

Postby ilvos01 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:33 am

Guise.
GUISE.
This preview sketch is very exciting.
ilvos01

Postby Zagura on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:39 pm

So I've been working on my figurine again after getting sick during break and I've come to realize the firepower of the gun that Viriathus is using...

My original figurine with just Viriathus' body is about 15.24 cm tall, then suddenly I put the framing for the gun on and realized that its entire length is about ~27 cm... making it almost 2x the length of her standing height (folding legs not included). This approximately makes the diameter of each barrel to be about 8mm. In comparison to real world ordinance, this would make the caliber of the gun approximately the ~75 mm guns used by US armored vehicles during WWII. Fortunately however the size of the rounds is about half of this caliber at around 4mm (or 40mm real world) or less and closer to earlier anti aircraft guns.

Given the size of the weapon, if the shells were scaled up a tad and ammo capacity halved, the gun would essentially make Vi a two legged pink Sherman tank with a magazine of 14-15 rounds. X_X But with the bullets shown it'd probably more like one of the autocannons such as those found on a armored vehicles. Not nearly as fun to imagine firing, but suitable since most of the fighting in Andurana doesnt seem to be centered on armored vehicles. It would have more than enough stopping power to tear up personal armor and cover but its effectiveness against the armored transports remains unknown due to the seemingly flat heads of the bullets.
Zagura

Postby Jyrico on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:21 pm

I love Vi as all do and I gotta say, :roll: :mrgreen:, I love this guy for putting that up. I can just picture that and it makes her even more awesome. Assuming she uses the gun for battle pretty consistently, that power would make sense. I'm so excited to see her!
Jyrico

Postby ezioauditore97 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:02 pm

Physics?My head hurts already...Ha!Gotcha!Sounds like pretty sound reasoning to me.
ezioauditore97

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters