VI

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: VI

Postby SuperVaderMan on Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:16 am

But if your legs are super powerful, it would stand to reason that you could pump your legs more quickly, wouldn't it? Especially if it's power-based, 'cause your legs would get more powerful without the extra muscle mass.
SuperVaderMan

Postby Twilight on Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:25 am

Power doesn't automatically translate to speed. Yes, you could pump harder, which would make your stride longer, which would equate to faster forward momentum. This, however, doesn't mean that you could, as many speeders do, pull 90 degree turns with ease. Moving that fast, with that much momentum, propelled entirely by strength means. . you'd be like the hulk. You can rocket in one direction, but turning will be a massive *****.
Twilight

Postby SuperVaderMan on Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:49 am

Well I didn't say she'd have much control going at that speed, was just saying she'd be able to move her limbs really fast, something you said she wouldn't be able to do. And yeah, the Hulk's the perfect example, that one scene in the desert where he's running super fast sums it up perfectly.
SuperVaderMan

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:29 am

well here's the difference.... Vi is not the same size/bulk as the Hulk. In comparison, she would be faster vs the hulk if they got into a fight. (Assuming they have the same strength). As we see in prelude she a bit of flexibility and is very nimble.

So, without any 'load' (like the gun) She can move/dodge easily. But due to Inertia, as we see in the video, the weight still add resistance and takes a bit of a push to get moving. Also carrying something that heavy requires the stamina to hold it still.

Also while holding that gun if she doesn't have the stamina to carry it and run, she will only be able to move at a slower pace due to the same Inertia.

Note: Inertia: An object at rest is much harder to move than an object already in motion.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby ilvos01 on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:54 pm

Suraru wrote:true....

but Vi with that gun... im sorry, MOUNTED GUN FTW!!!! lol

was in the concept drawings for V3 right?

I think the concept drawing had a similar pistol thing, but nowhere near that big.
ilvos01

Postby JoRdAnMaSt3R on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:12 pm

one thing i don't get about Vi, in prelude page 278 she goes apocolypticly crazy for no apparent reason, i mean there's got to be something that triggered it, am i missing anything out, or have i overlooked anything? this is massively off topic but i just want an answer to this burning question stuck in my head.
JoRdAnMaSt3R

Postby Zagura on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:01 pm

JoRdAnMaSt3R wrote:one thing i don't get about Vi, in prelude page 278 she goes apocolypticly crazy for no apparent reason, i mean there's got to be something that triggered it, am i missing anything out, or have i overlooked anything? this is massively off topic but i just want an answer to this burning question stuck in my head.

Well she was beating the crap out of Gorse, and after he went unconscious I suppose all that built up rage just sorta... spilled over. XD Imagine if she was using a springer with a very very large magazine.
Zagura

Postby JoRdAnMaSt3R on Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:18 pm

Zagura wrote:
Imagine if she was using a springer with a very very large magazine.

*gulp*
JoRdAnMaSt3R

Postby Calico Yorki on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:53 pm

On the point Vi = Speed,

I agree with Twi, in the way of Sloth's speed from FMA. I'm making a good point here so don't call me out for yet another anime/manga reference.

The point is, Sloth was the fastest and the strongest among his six brothers and sister. Only problem is, he chose the lazy way of being fast. Meaning, he didn't even try and change directions while at speed, and just went in a straight line like a ballistic missile until something stopped him.

So, since Vi will probably have too much momentum with her strength's propulsion to change direction, I say that she should turn it into a weapon.

That'd make for a very fun football game, Vi could be a one-girl team.

Opposing team's players flying everywhere.

That'd be fun. Build character.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:19 am

No one gonna mention Vi is naturally incredibly agile already?
Mr Aerospace

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters