vi + namah = ?

Have a take on the latest Prelude strip? Share it in here! Just notice an enticing story hint in one of the graphic novels? Speculate away! Share feedback, large and small about your DreamKeepers experience. But beware, this forum may contain story spoilers.

vi + namah = ?

Postby JoRdAnMaSt3R on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:25 am

would anyone like to see a prelude about wha might happen if namah and vi ever meet...?
JoRdAnMaSt3R

Re: vi + namah = ?

Postby Suraru on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:41 pm

be unlikely,

but the things what would happen would be unpredictable o.O
Suraru

Postby Oseirus on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:51 pm

In all honesty, that will probably never happen. Everything that happens in Prelude is considered canon, so a "what-if" scenario like that would just be too much of a distraction from the overall story arc. Prelude is simply meant to give background information and a look into the younger lives of several main characters.

That isn't to say that Vi and Namah won't meet at some point, but it would more likely be in the books than Prelude.

Personally, I think if they do meet, there won't be a lot of... conflict, per se. Yes, they both embody the "chaotic" character type, but they're both executed way differently. Namah is more of a melancholy, sarcastic type whereas Vi is much more direct, if slightly bi-polar.

And yes, I do think about this crap way too much.
Oseirus

Postby Twilight on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:40 pm

Don't you mean. . Vi-polar? Image
Twilight

Postby Sorrel on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Oh God, the puns. XD

Though I really don't think the two would have much reason to hang around each other. Vi's stuck at the docks until further notice, and Namah... why would Namah latch on to someone on the very edge of the city? Even if she does manage to escape the tower, I don't think she'd make it that far without being noticed or recaptured.

Besides, they don't seem to have much in common. Vi would just get irritated.
Sorrel

Postby Oseirus on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Twilight wrote:Don't you mean. . Vi-polar? Image

<facepalm>

Well I guess there is already Vi-zerk...
Oseirus

Postby Zagura on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:43 pm

Iunno, in Prelude I doubt they'd get along well. Post-prelude, I don't think we know enough about Vi or how shes changed since. I'd like to believe the sudden "I want to be a fashion designer" change to "I AM HEAVY WEAPONS VI" also accompanied some changes in her personality as well.

Mostly I dont see their points of view on life matching up quite nicely in Prelude, from Vi's point of view Namah would probably come off spoiled or something.
Zagura

Postby Reaver on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:23 am

Is it even canon that Vi carries a cannon? We only saw her in the ad, and that is purely non-canon.

As to her personality changing, I don't think there was that much a change IF the VI we saw in the ad will be canon. To me the whole 'I want to be a fashion designer' was part of Vi just wanting to be more girly. She was very tomboyish, yes, but far from satisfied with it or her life in the orphanage. Being a successful Designer would a.) make people watch her as a woman and b.) get her away from the orphanage.

as to them meeting: I doubt we're going to see that in Prelude, if Vi appears in the comic, they will surely meet there though. What happens then? Don't know, but possibly not much, with the nightmares at their toes.
Reaver

Postby Oseirus on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:47 am

Reaver wrote:Is it even canon that Vi carries a cannon? We only saw her in the ad, and that is purely non-canon.

No pun intended? :-P All the same, even though the commercial is, for the most part, non-canon, Vi does pack some serious heat. It's been confirmed by David that her power is super strength, so there's about a 99.9% chance that she'll still be slinging the artillery around when she finally shows up in the books.

As to her personality changing, I don't think there was that much a change IF the VI we saw in the ad will be canon. To me the whole 'I want to be a fashion designer' was part of Vi just wanting to be more girly. She was very tomboyish, yes, but far from satisfied with it or her life in the orphanage. Being a successful Designer would a.) make people watch her as a woman and b.) get her away from the orphanage.

I agree with this whole-heartedly. I wouldn't quite say she wants to be more "girly", but she does want to get recognized as a woman and get noticed as more than just some orphan. In Prelude she sees her fashion as a means to an escape from the orphanage, and like you said, open some doors to a better life.

as to them meeting: I doubt we're going to see that in Prelude, if Vi appears in the comic, they will surely meet there though. What happens then? Don't know, but possibly not much, with the nightmares at their toes.

I'm thinking the same thing. They might not get along very well, maybe even clash personalities a bit, but in the long run I don't think Namah and Vi are really gonna end up as "rivals" of any kind. Or quite the opposite, they might end up getting married. Or something.
Oseirus

Postby Twilight on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:54 pm

The non-canonness of the commercial is in the same ballpark as the introduction of a tv show is to the actual show XD

ie. Jeneviv didn't die that way. Namah may not be the one fighting that particular Nightmare (or even be strong enough to swat him like that), and the fight where Vi and Scinter are may not necessarily happen.

But it's safe to assume that each character is kept to themselves closely enough and Vi will have her flak gun in the gns. She DOES have it for the shirt design XD
Twilight

---------

Next

Return to Comic story chat room