Vanth and the Street Clans

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Vanth and the Street Clans

Postby Oseirus on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:28 am

Mr Aerospace wrote:Also, has no one seriously realised that O'naicul is just Luciano backwards?

Meh, so sue me if I'm not up to date on my Mob history.

Good catch though. For everyone else who was as clueless as me:

1920's Mobster who was incredibly difficult to make dead. I'll speculate more later, gotta head out the door.
Oseirus

Postby Mr Aerospace on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:05 pm

Ok, so no one else gonna commentate or speculate on the youtube videos then?
Fine, allow me. (With the help of Zagura's screen capture, thanks!)

So, some of the text reads:
...Margate District. From this division he exerts influence over the inner city areas of every other district. Activities include extortion rackets, prostitution, mmmmmmmextortion rackets, and he is suspected of organizing high level assaults and murders. Trained in Power.

(On O'naicul himself):
Leader of the notoriously violent Whyos...
extremely dangerous. In addition to...

(On Vox):
Active member of the Whyos
....dictable and vio... (my guess is that reads as unpredictable and violent)
Mr Aerospace

Postby Oseirus on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:58 am

So, in short, these Whyos (I can't even bloody read that, your eyesight is impressive) guys are pretty much bad news all around. Ravat is involved, or possibly even a member. And as we (I'm amazed no one has talked about this page yet), so is Bast. Or, at the very least, he was.

Mayhaps that's where his neck scars come from? A life of thuggery and violence? The anticipation, it burns.
Oseirus

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:43 am

Ehehehahahaha! :lol: No, my eyesight isn't that good;
There are keys to deciphering blurry text like that though, and understanding language and context is important: (up top :roll: )
However, the text on the video is very dodgy (what with the "mmmmmmm", large spaces and repeating "extortion rackets") and is most likely not going to remain that way, especially considering Dave has mentioned that the gang has been renamed ;). But, in my experience, while text changes between drafts, the overall context tends to stay the same.

Now, we cannot establish a link between Ravat and the gang solely on the evidence that his profile shows up on Scinter's data scrolls at the same time as the gang's does. By the same token, we cannot exclude the possibility either as there is just not enough evidence right now. (But, for an extra bonus, read closely and you may discover the identity tucked away under the speech bubble ;) )

Also, while the gang is depicted as a rather nasty bunch of people, there is no clear evidence of a Dark DreamKeeper alignment either. The fact that their profile turns up alongside other Dark DK's is fairly damning, but still inconclusive, and while he may be loathe to work with Dark DK's, never underestimate how laterally Scinter will think. If nothing else, he is a pragmatic leader and is just as likely (if not more so) to train "neutral" but violent criminals in power usage, as he is to recruit a pair of stripping twins to work for him. And finally, to throw a spanner into any of these thought processes, try interpret how this fits in with it all: (N.B: the surrounding seem oddly familiar) .

Finally for p67: Wow, I knew something was going on here with Bast, but I had no idea he was involved in the gang. He was seen walking in the background of the Ryuu fight sketch way back:
but it didn't really tie him in with the gang or the action. This IS a very interesting development indeed!
Speculations away!
Mr Aerospace

Postby Oseirus on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:56 am

I dunno, it still makes sense to me that he would be involved, at least. Granted, we still don't know much (or anything really) about Ravat or the street clan, but seeing him with his arm around that other 'keeper like they're BFFs-

It just occurred to me, are those two wearing Safety Trooper armor?
Oseirus

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:44 am

Eyup. Was waiting for you to see it.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:04 pm

But, if the person Ravat has his arm around is a Trooper...then where's the connection to the street clan?
Mr Aerospace

Postby DanWithTheHat on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:05 pm

I don't think there is enough evidence yet to link Ravat to the street clan with the picture from the ad. It looks like Scinter is looking through the list of all the questionable people they are watching and just has Ravat's profile up on that smaller scroll. It just so happens they are both on his watch list.

The reveal that Bast has some connections to the gang in page 67 was unexpected. I'm surprised Dave let that spoiler out. :shock:
DanWithTheHat

Postby Mr Aerospace on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:48 pm

Dan, that's my interpretation of that video capture, considering there are at least two other profiles there that Scinter has open:
If you go back a few frames there's a profile of a neatly dressed gentleman called "Sir Haeginsworth" (Don't quote me on that spelling), and if you look carefully, the one that's hidden under Scinter's speech bubble begins with "Ex-fashion"...Three guesses as to who that might be referring to. :roll:

As for the p67 release, doesn't it seem too conveniently timed after AnimusIra discovered Bast's scar tissue? (Or should that be scarf issues? :D).
That page number alone (if not an erroneous addition to fool us) points towards the scene being somewhere in Chapter 7 or 8 and thus would have been completed a looong time ago. Also, apart from the first few pages, the rest of the previews so far have been very carefully edited so as not to reveal too much plot, whereas this one does the exact opposite. I think it was planned, but why? And why now?
Perhaps we are purposefully being drawn to obvious conclusions (Bast's scars - street gang), or that might be a deliberate red herring and is there just to cause more wild speculation. In any case I have the feeling that it wasn't accidental, that there's ulterior motives at play here, and you know what:

Bring it on! I love the anticipation and tension this is building! :lol:
Mr Aerospace

Postby Twilight on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:14 am

Wow, Aero, you're making it sound like Dave is some kind of conspiracy master XD
Twilight

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters