Vanth and the Street Clans

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Vanth and the Street Clans

Postby Mr Aerospace on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:14 am

Doo dee doo doo doo da da da, Don't mind me! I'm just in cloudcuckoolander mode. I get very philosophical / existential / paranoid when I do that. I don't often let it show though :oops: But I do have my disclaimer below for a reason!

Well, maybe, perhaps, "apprentice of suspense" would be more appropriate for Dave right now ;)
Mr Aerospace

Postby Calico Yorki on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:26 pm

[Are They Even Really Spoilers, If Dave Released Them On His Art Accounts? Safety First]

I am thoroughly excited by all of these scoundrels.

The way Vanth worded her statement to Bast gives me an odd impression that she might have been the one to introduce Bast to their gang; or perhaps they joined at the same time? It definitely seems like they had a different relationship, as Vox, Stringer, and Slidget either didn't notice him or didn't care.

As for Vox, I find it interesting that those who wrote his file on that Troika database(?) felt it necessary to reference Vox's violent tendencies. The Whyos seem to be established as a violent gang, so for Vox to earn a distinction of any kind for violence...Well, his smile on that one Montage was certainly terrifying. 0 . 0

don't do kids, drugs
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Calico, was that last quip aimed at me or Vox? ;)

Let me just debunk my own conspiracy delusions; Going over all the past previews, it is clear that this scene has had plenty of exposure. How a finished page of the same thing can be construed as any different is beyond me, even though I somehow managed to do so myself!
As for page numbers, the following link shows the number 67 at the top of the page, so clearly I shouldn't trust my own memory:
- Yeah, take that you stupid me!

As for your statement about Vanth and Vox, Calico, I think you are right on the ball there. Vanth really does comes across as different to the rest of the gang. She seems more intelligent, less violent/confrontational and her clothing style is completely different and fairly well kept...(if the two or so pictures of her have any baring on her character whatsoever.)

I'm sure Vox and Bast will get along famously too:

I'm not so certain Vox is on the Troika database (I like that term!) because of his overtly violent tendencies. It could just as likely be because Scinter is just incredibly meticulous, and would have information on all gang members and suspects he considers a threat/danger.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Calico Yorki on Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:41 pm

I can imagine Vanth's reaction. (possibly)

Vanth: *playing with Harmony* No. Please. Stop. Vox. You'll get hurt. Bast. He'll kill you. Please. Stop.

(these are my inferences shoosh)

I'm thinking she'll either help out the good guys, or, in a suitably cruel plot twist, will turn out to be a dark dreamkeeper. Or neither! I am not going to theorize too much, as I have been tired and dizzy all day, and I have suffered a few blows to the head. * don't ask

Also, Vox's Power...Hmmmmm...I know what [SPOILERS??]'s Power is, but no clue on Vox.

** fun fact: Cygnus the Swan (constellation) has a black hole in its heart. :< ebil burd
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People
---------

Previous

Return to DK Characters