Tinsel...

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Tinsel...

Postby LollipopArcana on Mon May 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Brofist 8-)
LollipopArcana

Postby Wulfspyder03 on Thu May 17, 2012 8:13 am

I would like to see more of Tinsel's past, just to get a feeling why she is the way she is. When did she start her modeling career, or her singing for that matter? Has she always been this manipulative ***** or was there a period of time when she was at least nice? How'd she fall in with the Nightmares? And, most importantly, how did she manage to convince the government to give her the power she holds?
Wulfspyder03

Postby Avolendi on Thu May 17, 2012 4:19 pm

Interesting questions to harass David with tonight, you might just get an answer ^^

For the last one though I think she didn't get that power, but rather just abuses her connection with the Viscount to give orders in his name.
Avolendi

Postby Jyrico on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:33 am

I think the crux of her character is how and why she's involved with the nightmares. She could be a whore and a ***** and manipulative to the extreme and not make any difference to the story other than being an annoying parent(?). Her involvement with the nightmares is really what makes her sinister,cruel, and conniving. Take that away and she's really just petty. With it, her *****iness is more than a personality trait- but a tool.
Jyrico

Postby Mr Aerospace on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 am

G'day Jyrico! :D
I think there's quite a lot of merit in your idea there. It would be interesting to know just how corrupt Tinsel (and the other dark dreamkeepers) have become simply because of the nightmares presence, and how corrupt she might have been outside of Nabonidus' influence and manipulation.
The not so obvious question is whether Tinsel would actually be prepared to plan the murder of a young orphan just to remove a rival if it wasn't a nightmare who she was trying to impress.
Mr Aerospace

---------

Previous

Return to DK Characters