Tinsel...

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Tinsel...

Postby Twilight on Sat May 09, 2009 8:52 am

bigRboy wrote:I wouldn't say she is a *****. I'd say she is a crude and devious person who is drunk with power from her high political position.

But... that's exactly what a ***** is ^^;
Twilight

Postby bigRboy on Sat May 09, 2009 1:55 pm

true, I just don't like using generalization terms like ***** and whore.
bigRboy

Postby Zephyr on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Looks like Tinsel has an interesting past... Of stylish wear... Wearing actual clothing... And... SMILING! What more can Dave throw at us xD
Zephyr

Postby Adolf_Fockes on Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:14 pm

It scares me too Zephyr...
Adolf_Fockes

Postby tsukos on Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Believe me, Tinsel's 80s wardrobe is not bad, not by a longshot. At least not compared to the ones I've seen.

Actually, not compared to what you're likely to see in the right 80s movie, show, or documentary.
tsukos

Postby Adolf_Fockes on Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:15 pm

XD that is too true Tsu, in grade 9 we watched a video in sex ed that was from the 80's... the wardrobe haunts me still...
Adolf_Fockes

Postby LollipopArcana on Mon May 14, 2012 2:33 am

Honestly I can't be compelled to say that Tinsel's "whore"ish aspects are necessarily a bad thing. Mostly because I'd be a hypocrite if I did. Women who use their sexuality to their advantage are scary to men and women alike because they've/we've taken something that's usually forced on them/us and turned it into a form of power. Smart women (like Tinsel) who have the looks are frankly terrifying. And when a "slut" gets called a *****, it's usually either because a) They've triggered a fear response or b) They refused to sleep with somebody on demand. Oh the horror.
There's this look women get that one of my friends has dubbed the "you stole my men and burned my village" look.
....and there goes the Unnecessary Essay function again.... :roll:
But basically, saying you hate Tinsel because she's a "whore" doesn't really do the character justice. She's seductive and EVIL, ambitious to a fault, and petty when you get down to it. That's why I hate her... Because she's intrinsically selfish in the most harmful and careless possible ways and she uses her looks to cover it up. Not because she uses her looks, period.
LollipopArcana

Postby Twilight on Mon May 14, 2012 2:44 am

I don't think I've ever seen anyone hate on Tins based on her sexuality, actually. I'm fairly certain that people here at least respect her for being epic, but they hate her 'cuz she's just sooooo evil xD
Twilight

Postby LollipopArcana on Mon May 14, 2012 11:01 am

Eh, I was seeing the word "whore" tossed around a lot... And slut... And I dunno, I felt the need to rep for the sluts. Slut pride, yo! XD
LollipopArcana

Postby Twilight on Mon May 14, 2012 12:04 pm

I do see your point. I agree, in fact, if you look at the post I made 4 years ago, I actually brought up the same point you just did XD But reading further into the topic, I haven't really seen anyone hate her for her sexuality. Mostly just on the fact that she's an evil ***** lol.

Also, slut-pride-bro-fist!!
Twilight

---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters