Tinsel...

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Tinsel...

Postby Renei Firelight on Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:20 pm

Since our little discussion concerning Namah's origins tied Tinsel into the subject, I decided start a thread for her...

Well, what's to say about her? I believe I can speak for everyone when I say she's quite pompous, to say the least. Tinsel has a very dictatorial, and is willing to get her hands dirty if need be. Without a doubt, she uses her sharp tongue, short temper, her hair, and under-dressed...fertile... looking body to her advantage. There's certainly is something she wants, and is ruthless to obtain it.

Just to summarize her in three words (that start with "a"), Tinsel is ambitious, atrocious, and "attractive".

Questions, comments, gripes, complaints?
Renei Firelight

Re: Tinsel...

Postby Blue Hawk on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:22 am

I really like Tinsel as a villain.You have to love your villains because they take the fall to make your heroes look good :3 However,I think the thing that appeals to me the most is her power. I had a similar idea once of using hair as a weapon. Seeing this idea on the page was a real treat for me. The fight between Tinsel and Namah was fantastic.
Blue Hawk

Postby RedFox on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:33 am

Tinsel is the physical personification of "whore."

other than that, Tinsel is a devious and dangerous villain who, out of her selfishness, gets things done quickly and efficiently. Her power to shove other people around like toys certainly emphasizes her "*****" characteristics. She has power and she knows exactly what to do with it, which makes her once of the most passively frightening villains I've seen in a long time.
RedFox

Postby Twilight on Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:50 am

She's not really a whore. More of an... exhibitionist I'd say. I mean it's not like she sleeps around for money XD and she doesn't seem to be nailing anyone but Calah.... Anyone know what the dude's real name is? He's been everywhere, the books, prelude XD And I still don't know his name lol.

Anyway. I got to read a couple of notes form David's sketchbook. He described her as an "ultra-*****" right from the start XD that brought me great amusement.

My favorite scene with her is the one with Nabonidous. I have never seen so much red in my life XD
I think that's where she distinguished herself the most. She was able to show off as everything she is. A vile witch, and she friggin loved it. If anyone IRL was actually like that, I would fear them XD
Twilight

Postby Dez on Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:17 pm

You have to admit there was quite some sexual quotes by the gaurds about her that were funny when she got cursed, although they were too stupid to realize that.
Dez

Postby Health on Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:21 pm

Well first thing I need to mention about Tinsel.. is that ridiculously fluffy tail. It's like as big as Tinsel herself, and consists from no material other than fluff itself. It's like I can see Tinsel and that tail as a two separate things. I mean just wow, she even can cover her up with it completely.

Other then that, yeah. Tinsel is bad and we all must hate her for being bad to Namah and Lilith ...and Wisp of course, ow can I forget Wisp? But Tinsel is cool, smart and just great for a villain role.
Health

Postby tech128 on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:36 am

tinsel is all of the above. will she ever control a monster like wisp or just Calah ignorent...
tech128

Postby Yrael on Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:41 am

I just realised something.... the whole hair thing and vindictive attitude remind me of a kids comic i once read where the villan was named wicked wedgie woman... The name i am embarrased to say was captain underpants by dave pliky. I don't think this information will have any bearing on how people veiw tinsle so ill just leave it there.
Yrael

Postby Decoy on Fri May 08, 2009 10:42 pm

lol captain underpants owned as a book! but back to the topic, yes tinsel is a "*****", but she is very good at being manipulative and vie to all she knows
Decoy

Postby bigRboy on Sat May 09, 2009 2:44 am

I wouldn't say she is a *****. I'd say she is a crude and devious person who is drunk with power from her high political position.
bigRboy

---------

Next

Return to DK Characters