This Is Your Life! A Simple RP.

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: This Is Your Life! A Simple RP.

Postby Oseirus on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:53 pm

It took Kurgen a moment to figure out who in the world was calling his name. He had apparently fallen into a pretty deep sleep during his brief nap, unaware of how exhausted the day had made him. Jerking out of his slumber, Kurgen rubbed his eyes and quickly surveyed his mess of a home before settling his attention on the large Charr standing in front of him.

"Huh? Oh, right. Ready to go?" he yawned. As he stood up, Kurgen noticed that Kylarin was offering him a few bills, presumably in exchange for the shirt and first aid. "Keep it. The station doesn't let me have enough time off to blow the money I make, I don't need any extra."

Patting himself down to ensure he had all of his essentials, Kurgen opened the door and ushered Kylarin through, suddenly feeling very eager to get back to Clutter's and quench the thirst he had developed.

The sun had all but set by this point, and the large, silvery moon was beginning to peak up over a row of colorfully lit buildings. The street-front bars that were quiet and empty just a couple hours before were now packed with patrons, all manners of music and chatter flowing out into the warm night. The two large dreamkeepers walked slowly down the street side-by-side, though for several blocks neither said anything. Despite the noises all around them, the lack of conversation between them made everything seem eerie and quiet.

Eventually Kurgen spoke, attempting to break the awkward silence. "Nice choice of shirt by the way. You nabbed my favorite one." he did his best to sound as sarcastically gruff as possible while still maintaining a joking tone. "Though I suppose it suits you better than myself. Never really could let go of that part of me as I got older.

"Caileen told me a little about you while you were upstairs. She said you're traveling around out of Ruskol? I'm impressed someone as young as yourself is able to handle themselves so well and so far from home. You're what, 14, 15?" Kurgen caught a slight hitch in Kylarin's step as he guessed his age.

"I've been a cop for 12 years now, even someone as mature looking as yourself can't fool me anymore. Don't worry, I won't rat you out to Nazza or Fina." The ram smiled slightly. He was fairly certain he was only making his guest's uneasiness worse, but he figured if he remained as laid-back and relaxed as possible, eventually Kylarin would loosen up a bit.
Oseirus

Postby Thegunner18 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:56 pm

Kylarin raised an eyebrow at Kurgen in surprise as he turned down the money. Despite this, Kylarin wasn't going to press the larger Dreamkeeper to take his money if he didn't want it; he wasn't the type of person to do that.

If he was being honest, it did seem like Kurgen bought a few too many clothes. Relinquishing one piece of clothing wouldn't make a difference, anyway. Shrugging lightly to himself, Kylarin put the money back into his wallet and his wallet into his pocket. He then started following Kurgen out of the house and down towards the bar.

The night seemed to have now drawn in and with it had been a drop in temperature but there was noise coming from almost every single bar he could see. It was a lot colder than a few hours ago but it wasn't something that bothered Kylarin; he was used to freezing cold temperatures which wasn't a surprise as he spent most of his life in Ruskol.

Along with the life and noise that came from inside buildings across the whole street came a very awkward silence between Kylarin and Kurgen. Kylarin attempted to think of something to say but his thoughts were interrupted when instead Kurgen broke the silence. 

"Nice choice of shirt by the way. You nabbed my favorite one." 

Kylarin laughed a little but he wasn't actually sure whether the Ram was joking around or being quite serious. He guessed that it was the former but he was still quite uneasy. "I don't talk much so I...express myself with what I wear." Kylarin admitted, glancing down at the T-Shirt he had on. 

He then turned his head away from Kurgen and observed the night sky for a bit. It was true that he was 14, yes, and at the moment it seemed everyone knew. It wasn't like he really cared anymore; he should probably just open up a bit. Sighing, Kylarin spoke. "Yes, I'm 14 but nobody seemed to notice until now." he decided he might as well speak up for the first time in his life. 

"I never asked for this." he muttered, glancing down at the floor. Sighing, he turned his attention back to Kurgen. "And...I suppose I just...enjoy the outdoors. I have since I was young." Kylarin explained. Well, tried to explain. "I'm thinking of going to the Starfall mountains in a year or so, maybe even beyond the mountains." It was a long time before that yet but he wondered what Kurgen might think of it.
Thegunner18

Postby Oseirus on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:21 am

"Don't worry too much about anyone 'noticing' your age. Honestly you're probably much better off pretending you're older than you are. With your size and actions, you can easily pass for at least 20 or so, which will actually ward off a lot of the Street Clans that like to recruit young, impressionable kids like yourself.

Kurgen continued. "The older you can appear, the better off you'll be. Besides, even Caileen thinks you're still 18, and the only reason either she or I know how young you really are is because we've been around Anduruna more times and seen more things than either of us can count. Separately, and in our own ways, of course, but all the same we've experienced enough of the world that we can see the first few pages of a book pretty well without even opening it."

Thankfully, it seemed like Kylarin was slowly starting to warm up to Kurgen despite their tumultuous meeting. As the pair worked their way through the crowded streets back to Clutter's, they chatted back and forth sporadically about food and music tastes and Ruskol and a number of other small-talk topics until finally they came upon the signature metal door and ransom-note sign of the small bar. Even through the closed door one could tell that the venue was now brimming with people. As Kurgen shoved the giant portal open (shoved, so as to shuffle the large walrus blocking it out of the way), a flood of chatter and music hit them.

It was no easy feat getting back to Caileen and Alric at the bar. Because of the noise level and the sheer amount of people now crowded around each table, politeness had to be traded for brute force as Kurgen plowed his way through, inadvertently knocking over several drinks and a few smaller dreamkeepers in the process. Kylarin was only a couple feet behind, scrambling to stay with the ram lest the gap he created would close up, leaving the charr stranded and lost.

After one last push between a couple acting FAR too passionate for a public setting, the two giants finally arrived at the bar. Unfortunately, Kurgen managed to get one of his hoofs caught on a chair leg, forcing him to announce his arrival by slamming into the bar with his full body weight, sending a dozen glasses, both empty and full, flying and crushing a pair of occupied bar stools. The whole scene was punctuated by ruckus applause and laughter as Kurgen untangled himself from the former occupants of the stools, which now sat in a crumpled heap on the ground.

Smirking, Nazza shouted from the other end of the bar "Can you NOT cause a scene everywhere you go? You're becoming expensive!"
Oseirus

Postby Thegunner18 on Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:32 pm

Kylarin really wasn't the kind of person who could keep conversations going very well, so he was relying on Kurgen to do that. Other than that, the conversation was going pretty well between the two of them but Kylarin still didn't really trust him or Caileen; It would take a while for that to happen. The thought of being caught up between the street clans was something that kelt Kylarin thinking for a while. He didn't know what to think.

Surprisingly, and fortunately, this small talk carried on all the way down the street and back to Clutter's. Awkward silences were something Kylarin would rather avoid than run into again, if he was being honest. He could see that they were at least nearly back to the bar.

Even from quite far outside Clutter's it was evident that the number of people inside had grown largely, much to Kylarin's dismay. The noise being emitted from the building was large enough for even Kylarin to know it'd be pretty dam crowded. The light protruding out from the gaps around the edges of the door would probably make the bar look much more homely but to Kylarin, it was something he usually steered clear of.

As the door to Clutter's opened, a few heads turned to see who it was but quickly turned back to what they were doing when they notices Kylarin and Kurgen. It was only by luck that Kylarin was actually keeping up with the Ram, as he never wanted to just push people out of the way. Sometimes he just wanted to condemn his politeness to hell.

As soon as the two of them found Caileen and Alric, Kurgen was the first to make his presence known by tripping over a chair and slamming into a the counter. A rather eventful introduction but effective, nonetheless. Kylarin, on the other hand slowly emerged from the crowd and tried his best not to make himself known by many people.
Thegunner18

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:39 pm

Alric had finished mopping up his drink as Kurgen impacted the bar, instantly robbing him of retaliation against Caileen. Still, he slowed down a little, munching on one of the snacks that had appeared on the counter as he pretty much gave up hope on talking any more with Fina. That was fine though, it was her job, and he'd just be a bother anyway.

A loud tone swept across the bar as the band started up in earnest, a rockin' sort of beat filling the bar as the blue haired wisp of a dreamkeeper stood up to the mic and started belting out lyrics. Alric tapped his foot to the music and tapped a finger on the edge of his glass for a refill.

He blinked a second, moved his hand around, thought about it, and slumped back against the bar. Yeah, Caileen had been joking, but maybe he should slow up a little bit. He snaked a hand around and snatched Caileen's water and took a long draught of it, giving his head a little shake as well. It only served to remind him he had been here drinking while the rest of them had been off on... whatever they were doing. So that put him...

Oi... that was a lot.

A few hand gestures to Nazza and a glass of ice-water popped up with is next drink refill, and he bounced between the two as me talked a little with Amp in between listening to the band.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Oseirus on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:53 am

It was pretty easy to tell that Alric was flirting with the line between "happily drunk" and "face down in the toilet". While Kurgen was never one to tell a person what they should or shouldn't do, he figured it would be a good idea to slip Fina and Nazza a quick suggestion to start weaning Alric off of the harder drinks.

Caileen, on the other hand, was still slightly peeved at the furry twig's "adopted" remark. She knew Alric was most likely speaking through the alcohol when he brought it up, and while she honestly wasn't upset about it, she figured she would have some fun and drag her friendly grudge out for just a little while longer. Every time Alric would order a new drink, Caileen would get the same and partially refill his glass every time he turned away. If he wasn't purging by the end of the night, she was going to be sorely disappointed.

Kurgen didn't seem to take much notice of the unfamiliar blue imp that accompanied the inebriated wolf. He would shoot suspicious glances in his direction every so often, but for the most part he stayed relatively quiet, nursing his wounded pride with a number of strong drinks. The front of the bar was adorned with a fresh imprint of one of his horns, and the two stools he smashed had been kicked off into a corner somewhere.

As the music played and the night dragged on, Caileen made sure to stay near Kylarin, helping to distract any curious regulars' attention away from him and onto her. The poor guy had already had a long enough night, she didn't want to subject him to an onslaught of drunken strangers trying to pick fights. Occasionally she would try and strike up a conversation with Amp, but the paranoid feeling in her gut refused to let her carry any sort of lengthy chat with him.

After a short while she turned to the Charr, who had been sitting quietly drifting in between his own world and the Cluttered one around him.

"So." she started, the effects of the fermente tinging her voice. "Got a question for you. It's a serious one, and I want you to give it some thought before answering."
Oseirus

Postby Thegunner18 on Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:19 pm

However hard he tried, Kylarin just couldn't shut out any of the noise around him whatsoever, something he could usually do without much problem. Although it wasn't much of a surprise he couldn't do it here; the noise was surely going to give him a headache. In fact, it felt like he was getting one now...He really couldn't be bothered to do anything at the moment.

Kylarin closed his eyes again in an attempt to separate himself from the world again but was interrupted by a familiar female voice. He didn't know whether he should be glad that he actually had something to do now, or whether he should be annoyed that he was stopped from drifting into his own little world again. Nevertheless, Kylarin figured ignoring the question wouldn't be the most polite thing to do.

Opening his eyes, Kylarin turned his attention to the source of the voice. "What is it, Caileen? You aren't drunk, are you?" Kylarin enquired, giving her a curious look. Judging by the amount of fermentae she had drunk so far, he wasn't sure whether he should trust her question to actually be serious enough to warrant an answer.
Thegunner18

Postby Oseirus on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:21 pm

"Of course I'm not drunk. Just happy." Caileen fumed as she gave Kylarin a playful punch in the shoulder. "Anyway. Got a proposition for you. Obviously with my bum wing I'm not gonna be flying anywhere any time soon, so what do you say we go explore Anduruna together for a while?" she paused for a moment to let the idea sink in.

"I've been around the city more than even my father, and I know of a bunch of great stuff to see and do, you don't even need that much money. I've eaten three square meals and slept in a four star hotel all on $15 lucre before." She stopped one more time for dramatic effect. "Think about it. You've got some time to decide, but I want an answer before we leave here."

With that, she slammed down the remainder of her drink and whipped back around in her stool to resume her chat with Alric and Kurgen.
Oseirus

Postby Thegunner18 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:41 am

Kylarin smirked and raised an eyebrow in mock surprise and shock at Caileen's statement about her not being drunk. He seemed to have loosened up a little bit and was now acting like less off a pessimist. Still, Kylarin always preferred pessimism; it meant you were never disappointed if something went wrong.

The preposition that Caileen had given Kylarin was surprising to say the least and, if he was being honest, he didn't have any idea about what he should do. He would usually never travel with anybody around anywhere but he had never been explicitly asked before and whenever he was directly asked something, he found it very hard to say no and today was no different.

As he watched Caileen turn away from him and get indulged in a conversation, Kylarin crossed his arms and looked down at the ground. She was right, he did have some serious thinking to do. Right now, though, he was veering towards 'Yes'. 
Thegunner18

Postby Reaver on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:52 am

Simply ignoring the bit of uneasiness in the other dreamkeeper's smile, she nodded excitedly. "You can be a mascot for a day, isn't that..." she held the ryuu-neko before her, her smile fading away, "you're not even listening, are you?"

A simple meow came as an answer, Fienna rolled her eyes, then looked at the baker, "So~, what do I do?" she asked, "I mean, I've worked in a kitchen before, just...not a bakery." She didn't say that she couldn't actually even cook, that might've ruined the opportunity, but if he'd give her cleaning duties, he'd be suprised. Yes, cleaning was like a special talent of hers...or something.
Reaver

---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...