This Is Your Life! A Simple RP.

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: This Is Your Life! A Simple RP.

Postby Acclimated Madness on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:03 am

Amp was having fun pestering Alric. The wolf was such a drunkard, and never new when to quit. "You're a person who only drinks a little. But when you drink, you turn into another person who drinks a ton and makes an awful mess of himself in other people's places." The little blue imp grinned and spun around on his stool.

Then his right ear twitched. Exploring? New places, new people? New pranks and new cons? Robbing fools blind as...he brought his thoughts back into focus.

"Did someone mention an exploration of this wonderful city?" He hopped up and stood on the still rotating stool, his long tail spiraling around the base. "I hope you don't mind my interjecting, but that sounds like a splendid idea. The sloshed one introduced me, but I've been rather quiet. Amp the name, fun's the game, and it doesn't get better than impromptu exploration of the unknown to get the blood a'pumping. Caileen, correct? But you, my young friend, I do not know. Introductions!" Amp winked at Kylarin when he said the word young. Being able to spot accurate details about people is important when you distort them so often.

Amp spread his arms, the stool only listing clockwise slightly now, on a grandiose gesture to Kylarin.
Acclimated Madness

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Devin chuckled. "Don't worry about that right now. I didn't mean that you have to start today, but if you really want to, at least go eat first before you start. You just bought something, didn't you?"
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Oseirus on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:38 pm

"I don't... er... yes... I mean- what?" Amp's sudden interest in her exploration caught Caileen completely off guard, and after stumbling around for several seconds trying to form a coherent sentence, she finally managed to collect herself and work out a reply.

"Um... yes, I tend to travel around a lot. Not for any reason really, I just don't like staying in one place very long." For the first time ever, she was nervous talking about her hobby, but once again Caileen swallowed her anxiety and plastered on an awkward grin to maintain an illusion of comfort with the conversation. Although the imp reeked of mischief, she was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt... for now.

"Were you wanting to come along or something?"
Oseirus

Postby Thegunner18 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Kylarin jerked his head up and looked for the source of the voice that started rambling on about travelling the world; a voice that came conveniently after Caileen and Kylarin had talked about just that subject. It was a voice that was way too enthusiastic for Kylarin's liking.

He set his eyes on a small blue imp standing on a chair that was still swivelling slightly. The first thing that came to Kylarin's mind was just how deceitful the imp looked but he knew he shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Then again, maybe the cover would represent the book...

Despite the rather friendly look the Imp gave him, Kylarin didn't return the gesture and instead shot him a cold glance. He wasn't about to trust that little guy so soon after meeting him.
Thegunner18

Postby Acclimated Madness on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Amp lowered his arms and placed them on his hips. He looked up a Caileen. "Indeed I would. " He gestured at Kylarin. "What's with mister sourpuss? I haven't even made any jokes yet and he's looking at me like I'm trying to poison his drink. Which I'm not, for the record. That's crude."

He hopped down and leaned against his stool. "And relax, sweety, I don't bite. But I do know a touch of magic. Would you like me to do a trick or two for you?" He made a gesture, as if to say 'nothing up my sleeves', which he didn't have.

His grin never wavered.
Acclimated Madness

Postby Oseirus on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Amp's plastered-on smile was unsettling, to say the least, and his comment about poisoning did very little to help Caileen's already shaky feelings about him. But, curiosity got the best of her. "Alright... sure. Let's see this magic trick. Just don't try anything funny." With that, she tightened her wings around herself slightly and took a quick inventory of her pockets.

Kurgen, who had been eavesdropping in on the conversation, stepped back slightly, his hand drifting towards his concealed springer. He had no idea what the strange little man was planning, but spirits help him if he so much as looked at Caileen the wrong way...
Oseirus

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:19 pm

Alric drained his water and picked up the remainder of his other drink, mostly ignoring Amp and Caileen for the moment as he flagged Nazza over and tapped the table with the 'cashing out' gesture. She nodded with that, I'm busy sort of look, and went off to take care of things.

The charcoal wolf perched on his barstool, gradually draining whatever remained of the beverage, firmly aware that the effort to stand would likely remind him of just how much he had been drinking. Still, it wasn't that bad of a walk home, and the air would snap him out of it a bit once he got outside. He gave Kurgen a wave and tapped his watch, nodding to the door as he sat his empty glass on the counter and waited for his bill, which wasn't going to be very pretty.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Acclimated Madness on Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Amp reached into his pocket and pulled out a single coin. Bright, sparkling, couldn't be anything short of gold.

"This here coin would buy the whole place a good round." He flipped the coin up in the air, and caught it, clenching it in his palm. When he opened his long fingers, there were two coins.

"These will by several friends each a nice bottle of the most expensive fermente in the joint." His grin dissipated as his face scrunched up. He tilted his head back, inhaled, and sneeze into his cupped palms.

"Excuse me, I'm allergic to silver," He said as he lowered his hand, revealing a small pile of silver coins. He tugged at his pocket and tilted his hand to pour the coins in. Only the original gold coin slid out of his hand.

"And that, my dear, is an allegory for our economy." With a flourish, he produced a lovely pink flower, said "First its good," then clapped his hands and made it vanish, "and the next day its like it was never there".

Several of the nearby patrons had been watching an clapped. One or two demanded he buy that round he mentioned. Taking a bow, he dismissed his admirers with gentle waves of his hand. "I told you, I'm all about fun."
Acclimated Madness

Postby Oseirus on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:16 pm

Well, that wasn't so bad. I guess I misjudged this guy.

"I'll admit, you've got me stumped" Caileen mused. She took a long, thoughtful sip of her drink, draining the last half of the glass. Amp may not be bad news like she thought, but something still bugged her.

"But still I have to ask, what's in it for you? Why do you want to come with me?"

------------------

Kurgen, though still on high alert, stood down and resumed his own drink. He caught Alric's gesturing out of the corner of his eye, and raised his glass in acknowledgement. He was finally starting to enjoy the night, but admittedly it was getting pretty late, and he wanted to get a head start on his hangover tomorrow before he had to get back to work.

First though, he had his own proposition for Kylarin. Pushing his way through the crowd, he shuffled up alongside the Charr and clapped a hand on his shoulder. "Do you need a place to stay tonight? I've got a spare room for you."
Oseirus

Postby Thegunner18 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:54 am

Kylarin still had his eye on Amp and despite his good display of magic, as much as the Charr hated to admit it, he was still very suspicious about the imp. Probably even more so after seeing that magic trick as it just highlighted, in Kylarin's mind, how shifty and clever the little guy could be. He looked like someone who would put that intelligence into some sort of mischief, though...

Kylarin was caught off guard when Kurgen had strolled up to him and asked him a question. In fact, he had nearly not made out what the Ram had said. "Huh? Yeah...I guess I probably need a place to stay tonight." Kylarin responded, tilting his head up towards Kurgen. "I was planning on going back to the hotel tonight but I doubt they'd like it if I came back so late..." Kylarin explained, shrugging lightly to himself. 
Thegunner18

---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...