THEM (Chapter 2: THEM's Hand)

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: THEM (Chapter 2: THEM's Hand)

Postby Reed R Gale on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:25 pm

June 6th, Jade Blue Inn, 12:14

Lumi let the girl go on. She didn't know what to say.

When she broke into tears, she almost considered sending her to the docks. But then she hit herself in her mind... that would be suicide. No, she would have to calm the girl down somehow. The first order of business, however, was to calm herself. The panic and confusion coming out of the girl was overtaking her. So she would do what she could, what she always did to calm herself down. Sing.

"Promise me we'll stay for the sunset," She began, "and when the moon shines through the darkness; we can find the path that leads us home and on the way you'll--maybe--sing me a song. Promise me you always will be there, hold my hand if ever I'm real scared. Help me stand up tall if I fall down, make me laugh away all my bluest days." She loved that beginning. It always made her feel protected; it was a shame, really, that she had to sing the second part--it didn't feel complete without it.

"How could you promise you always would be there! Why'd you have to go away somewhere... every morning into every night, do you watch over me like the sun in the sky? Am I all alone or standing in your light? I wish that I could--maybe--sing you a song... tonight..." She was now calm. She looked down at Chiisai and cooed, "We're all in this together. Some of us enjoy it, others of us do not. I don't know your story, I don't know about your family, I don't even know why THEM chose you, or me for that matter."

Then she took a deep breath and continued, "The odds they use to meet their ends, are cruel I'll admit. I hate that about THEM. But I can't help but feel there is some noble goal at the top. I don't know if that's true but..." she trailed off then continued, "It's a nice place to think of yourself, as a step to something above yourself. Whether we like it or not, we earn this money or die. That's the cruel fact. Accept it. You and I, we don't know how it would even be possible to escape this loop. If you really want to get away from what you think is evil, wait it out. Play along, find an opportunity. Until then, accept what you're given."

She ended there. She didn't know what else to say. But what she had said, she had really meant. She hadn't even stuttered. Not once. She was, in an odd way, proud of herself.
Reed R Gale

Postby MandyHabato on Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:17 pm

June 6th, Jade Blue Inn, 12:16

Chiisai slowly started to calm down as Lumi started singing. It-it helped. More that she thought it would. It calmed Chiisai down, but also made her long for home a little more. Her mom used to sing to her a lot.

Another little speech, by Lumi this time. Trying to keep Chiisai going until she could get out. Though Chiisai tried, she could find nothing but sincerity and truth in Lumi's voice. And the undertone of what they had to do.

"W-what is it this time? Do they expect me to murder someone else?" Chiisai looked up, not mad at Lumi, just...bracing for the worst. "You're right, though. I c-can't just...run away. Not right now, at least. I'll keep going, but..,"

Chiisai looked over at her, a young girl looking for a friend. For almost two years, Chiisai had been traveling, working, completely alone, save for Haru. Never had time for friends. It seemed, the second she started to make one, all the work for her seemed to drain away. Maybe...maybe that would work this time.

"But, I want to have a friend along the way. I don't know if it seems weird, but if this is going to go on for a while, I want to at least make a real, good, friend. Someone to keep me anchored. And I was wondering if...you...would be that friend?"

Chiisai was looking down again. Never before had she ever asked for a friend. They usually grow, and before you know it, yo consider the other a friend. This...this was a little rarer. A girl asking for not only a friend, but help; an anchor, someone to keeper from getting drenched in the darkness of the underground. Lumi had seemed to be there for a while, and she had still not been tainted. That was an achievement in her life. Maybe it would help others, rather than just give bad news. Maybe Chiisai could get though this intact.
MandyHabato

Postby Reed R Gale on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:42 pm

June 6th, Jade Blue Inn, 12:17

She was calming down, that was good. Lumi sighed in relief, she didn't have to be the bringer of bad news for once. She also felt the trust that Chiisai was giving her. She assured her that she didn't need to do anything, she was just there to pay her. Though that wasn't entirely true, it wasn't entirely a lie either. It was similar to dodging a bullet. Lumi felt the weight of this situation, the tension int eh room start to dissipate.

What really surprised her was what came after the speech.

"But, I want to have a friend along the way. I don't know if it seems weird, but if this is going to go on for a while, I want to at least make a real, good, friend. Someone to keep me anchored. And I was wondering if...you...would be that friend?"

It wasn't a bad surprise... simply deorienting. It caught her off guard. Lumi wasn't used to social situations in the first place, and she felt honored beyond belief that she was being asked to be a friend. She knew THEM probably wouldn't like it, but it wasn't against the rules, but...

How to react? Once again, Lumi wasn't used to being accepted into social circles, but it was indeed a rare situation. "Erm..." she began, "I w-would be honored." She smiled, then giggled. Today was turning out better than expected.
Reed R Gale

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:38 pm

June 6th, 1313 Hours
Alleyway adjacent to The Forges of Mar

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

Kiaran rose out of a dumpster and startled a scavenging fire Ryuu.

"Ugh... I'm sick of dumpsters... I'm sick of Ryuus... And I'm sick of sleeping for days on end..."

He got up and stretched. "Huh... What was I supposed to do... Ah! That's right... Weapon shop..."

Kiaran walked out of the alleyway and turned to face the weapon store once again. He phased inside and silently grasped his knife. "Better a knife than a gun." he thought. "At least with a knife, you can stop yourself..."

"I believe there is a DreamKeeper by the name of 'Dustin' within this residence?" Ki approached the front but couldn't help noticing rifles presented on a nearby rack. He turned to face them, sheathing his knife.

"Hmm..." he carefully lifted a modest looking weapon from the rack and gently examined it, from the **** to the muzzle. "Hmm... Impressive... I haven't seen such impressive care for a springer in a long time..."

The Dragon started to field strip the rifle, carefully taking stock of every piece and part of the gun. "Ah... Lunarous-combustion capable... Loud but powerful..." He was so engrossed in the gun, he had forgotten he was only there to converse with Dustin.

"Hmm... This gun..." Kiaran turned it in his hands a few times, it's body just as it was before the field stripping. "This gun... It was entirely hand made... Quite impressive... Jacov, bless his soul... If he were here he'd be giving this Dustin quite the lesson... Though hand made, there isn't any feeling in it..."

Ki set the gun back onto its rack and finally made his way to the front desk.

"Dustin... If I'm not mistaken, you know an old friend of mine? Old Grim?"
SerafinoDragonTamer

Postby Silver Predator Wolf on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Once Luna is done counting, she puts the cash away and checks on Suraru. "Out cold. Good." She walk towards the windows and close the blinds and head towards her room and close the door behind her.

~~~~~~~~~~

Suraru woke up a few hours later. He had a major headache, but he sat up regardless. Feeling his head with his hands, he noticed stitching. 'How long was I out?' He thought to himself. It seemed dark, and he couldn't see Luna... He couldn't see much actually, his vision was blurry.

Hour got up, and walked to the restroom. It was brighter in this room, comming from the window high up. 'That means Luna covered the main room, such a nice girl' he thought to himself once more. As he found the sink, he washed his face, twitching as the water hit him.

He carefully dried himself off, then looked at himself in the mirror above the sink. With better vision, he can barely make out where the stitching is. He touched around the wound and felt nothing. Fearing it might be infected, he found a medical knife near the sink, and cut open the stitching.

The deep cuts split open with a foul smell. Suraru grimaces as he cut open his wounds. He could see and feel swelling. A sharp pain was going through his head as the wounds aired out. Realizing debris could be lodged in the wounds, he realized he had no choice but to irrigate it. He found shower, and turned it on.

He stripped down his clothes, and made sure it was warm before getting in. 21 years of taking showers and he still jumped every time. He spread apart the wounds and filled them with water, which quickly fell back out with blood, some tissue, and microscopic pieces of the wall he was smashed into.

He began shivering quickly from the water, so completing this task was harder for him. When he irrigated all the wounds, most of them were bleeding. Already low on blood from the last fight, this new one sapped his strength. He lay down in the shower letting it wash the blood as it fell from his new scars.

Barely keeping consciousness, he used what was left of his strength to life his heavy leg to shut off the shower. The blood seemed to clot up and push what was left of foreign matter out of his head. The swelling went down some, and knowing he won't die from his injuries, he gladly let himself pass out for the 2nd time today.

20 minutes later, Luna woke up to use the bathroom when she found Suraru passed out. She check his pulse before stiching his wound shut and drying him and got him dressed before carrying him to her bed and slept beside him.

However, he forgot he was low on blood, if he didn't get a transplant or some food within the next few hours he would probably die. Good thing he looked pale, and was covered in blood so if anyone found him, they should realize this and treat him. Hopefully Luna, or anyone willing to save a life for that matter, will find him in time...
Silver Predator Wolf

Location: In the Dreamworld hanging out with Lilith and Namah

Postby MandyHabato on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:07 am

Chiisai gasped as her tears came surging back. Before she knew what was going on, she was hugging Lumi with more tears streming diwn her face.

"T-thank you..." She whispered between sobs.

For a few minutes, she just tryed to gather herslef again. By the way THEM acted, Chiisai figured Lumi wasn't here just to give her her money. If it was only that, they could have just as easily sent it to her, or sent a stranger, or something that had nothing to do with Lumi.

After she calmed down, Chiisai steeled herself and gripped Lumi's shoulders as she looked in her eyes.

"Thank you." She said, louder, really meaning it. "But..." This was it. She look her hands off Lumi's shoulder's and sat looking at the floor below her feet. "T-there was something else, wasn't there? I mean, why would they send you back just to pay me. What is it?"
MandyHabato

Postby Reed R Gale on Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:04 pm

Lumi sighed. He had to come to this... But she was honest, she could take it--couldn't she? She took a deep breath and said in he most business-like voice, "Um, yes, t-there was another reason, but it never had to be done. I-I had to bring you to another place if you wouldn't calm down.. but... but..." She broke down. She couldn't.

"I couldn't bring someone to certain doom! They said that they would just.. just... I don't know but they made it sound harmless! But I'm-I'm not stupid! I know that they would just silence you! Why would they-They-THEM do this! I don't get it..." She sniffled. It all came out at once, like the breaking of a dam. But that soon was fixed.

"I'm sorry, I had no right to explode at you, we're friends right?" She sniffed and look up at Chiisai then said, "I should get going, do something that will take your mind off things, I know it helps." Then she promptly walked out the door.
Reed R Gale

Postby MandyHabato on Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:33 am

Chiisai just looked at the door for many minutes after Lumi left. Lumi's assumptions weren't what had bothered her. THEM might have killed her; true and easy to acomplish, plus they wouldn't hesitate. Neither was Lumi just leaving really all that surprising; she may have had another job to give or anything else. What really bothered her was that that was it.

Payment, a good hug, and then what? Was she supposed to go back and use the money to help her family, go home, forget about the town? Forget about Lumi, THEM? Forget about...the murder? Just, go play life and act like THEM was fake, there was no murder, and she had just won a lottery?

No. No, it didn't work that way.

Chiisai may have been a good little girl at home and all her life, but she was still from Calyspa. Even if everyone denied it, there was a lot of underground illegal dealings there, and people did 'disappear'. All the kids spread rumors, and they all knew a bit of how it went. If you hired someone for your underground business, you either kept them, or killed them; no sugarcoating it. Especially if the business was as dark, hidden, and powerful as THEM. And even more if the person they had hired was Chiisai. If you let someone go, someone who was a real good person, they would tattle and you never wanted that. Then why, in Spirits' names, did they just leave it at that?

Check if she was okay, pay her, then leave? Slowly, as all this rushed through her mind, all the facts and happenings, and a feeling of dread came over her. Either THEM was going to kill her, and they didn't want Lumi to know, or they were giving her another job. And Lumi wasn't assigning it. Somehow, that made it seem all the worse. Lumi was nice, and she cared; almost anybody else in THEM would be cruel and heartless.

Chiisai wouldn't let herself belive she was just off the hook; caution took hold and grabbed the other two options by the necks. If the latter was true, Chiisai would just have to wait and have to sit by while her imagination roamed free. If it was the first...well, that complicated things a bit. She would have to hide, but Chiisai didn't know the town well. Going back home would risk her slippping up and contacting her family.

"Ohhh, none of this is good."

Haru appeared and slipped in Chiisai's lap, adn the girl just started petting her absentmindedly.

"What should I do? Hide? I've got no connections or knowledge. Run? They'd find me. Just...go home? That might hurt my family. Nothing to do but wait or die."

Wait or die? Chiisai shook her head as she realized what she was doing. Chiisai had been about to give up. What was wrong with her? She had to try something. But there was nothing to do! Nothing short of...

Nothing short of attacking back.

It was reckless; Chiisai had a high chance of slipping up or getting killed on the spot. She had nowhere to start, and no idea how to do anything. But it was better than waiting. It was better than sitting by and letting THEM get more people, or kids like her, to do jobs like she had. They had made her kill a perfectly innocent man, that probably had friends and family and maybe even kids.

"THEM has to be stopped. If it takes me years, or if I just die on the spot, I want to at least give them a bruise or show them they can't keep going without meeting resistance."

As Chiisai shifted and embraced her new found confidence that she knew her plan, a shiver of doubt still held her. She stood up, took her bag, and headed to the nearest post office.

The very people THEM had picked for their jobs were turning on THEM, and Chiisai was the latest to join the rebels. Maybe they would succeed. Or maybe THEM was just biding their time to kill them all.
MandyHabato

---------

Previous

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...