The Wayward Astronomer: A DK Universe Original Story

Got something you'd like to show off? Show it! Want to promote a great artist or series you know of? Share it here! For anyone feeling bored, odds are there's something cool to see...

The Wayward Astronomer: A DK Universe Original Story

Postby Kafelnikov on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:20 am

Hi all, the long lost Kafelnikov here return to the forums for shameless, shameless, self promotion.

As some of you may know, I am working on a DK universe story that I have been posting to my deviantArt account. I hesitate to call it a "fan-fiction" because it doesn't involve any of the canon DK characters directly or indirectly. It's all original characters and story that uses the DK universe as a setting and framework.

I'm humbly asking for anyone interested to please drop by my deviantArt page and give the story a read. I've just finished Chapter 3 tonight, and will hopefully continue to move things forward at a halfway decent pace.

I'm also pleased to announce some excellent cover art to accompany each chapter of the story. The ever talented Twi has done an excellent job with some very colorful art for Chapter 1, and I will soon have some excellent art for Chapter 2 courtesy of Sw1tchbl4de. Chapter 3 is artless at the moment, because I can't draw to save my life. Hopefully there will be art to accompany that once either Switchblade or Twi are back around to me in their commission queue, or if someone else who is artistically minded wants to volunteer, let me know.

Anyways, I'd be extremely grateful of anyone who takes the time to read what I have written so far, and even more grateful to anyone with feedback to offer. Handy linkage is below!

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:

Thank you very much for your time and attention. I greatly appreciate it!
Kafelnikov

Re: The Wayward Astronomer: A DK Universe Original Story

Postby Reed R Gale on Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:51 am

Oh hello, long time no see! I'll read over this stuff when i have the chance, but for now, I must sleep. Good night. :D
Reed R Gale

Postby Hazzardous on Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:53 am

I remember reading Chapter one way back when...good to know new chapters have now arrive. I'll give it a look tomorrow if I can and maybe drop a comment either here or most likely at deviantART.
Hazzardous

Postby Kafelnikov on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Just an update to announce that Chapter 4 is now complete and posted on my dA account:

Chapter 3 cover art coming soon!
Kafelnikov

---------

Return to LOOKIT THIS!