The Unofficial Compendium of Random Dreamkeepers Info

For miscellaneous speculation about the Dreamworld and dreamkeepers, you've come to the right place!

The Unofficial Compendium of Random Dreamkeepers Info

Postby SuperVaderMan on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:18 am

As you may or may not know, every Thursday night/Friday morning, a lot of us get together and go hang out in the Live chatroom. There we chill and talk to one another usually until Dave gets there at which time greetings are exchanged and questions are asked about the Dreamkeepers universe.

This thread is to keep track of all those questions asked and all the answers that Dave provides. I'll try to be the one that keeps track of all this, but on the rare occasion that I can't get on, I'll be relying on you guys to fill this stuff in. So pay attention! :P

EDIT: Any other information, true or speculatory, should be relegated to another thread. The title of the thread might be a bit misleading in that sense, but I feel that having a line drawn there will help keep things a little more organized.

Without further ado, this week's information, in no particular order

_____________________________________________________________________________________

<SuperVaderMan> I noticed in the sneak peek, that some of the NIghtmares seemed to flare up what looked like their own powers. So do NIghtmares have powers like DKs? In the same sense, even?

<Dreamkeepers> As for the nightmares, some of them do have supernatural powers. Different nightmares will have different types and strengths of ability. Some have none, but some do have powers that can challenge or even exceed the powers of many Dreamkeepers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Tempest> whats the shocking power of the yellow ryu's

<DreamKeepers> Spark 'nekos have the ability to basically generate an electric shock, kinda like the pikachus of the Serengeti.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<zagura> Oh final question! :D Do Nightmares eat Ryu Nekkos? As evidenced by the amount of them speared on the end of sharp pointy things in Balragu in the Volume 3 preview?

<DreamKeepers> Some nightmares definitely have a taste for Ryuu-nekos, and they all enjoy killing them. Nekos are just an intelligent and fun-loving creature, more so than most animals, so they're more fun to kill for the monsters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<zagura> In volume 2 Chapter 6 Page 2 Panel 1. Is the amulet like jewlery sitting on the alter like structure magical or is it the equivalent of some sort of crown/symbolic type wearble?

<DreamKeepers> Yes! That's the Viscount office scene. As for the pendant being held up on the display, it's a kinda overlooked part of the Viscount's leadership.

<DreamKeepers> There's supposed to be a trinket historically associated with the ruler of the city. But that's probably not important, it's really just for show at this point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Redajx> Dave do the Indigo's have fur or Skin, I remember something on our site saying they can change the patterns of their skin.

<DreamKeepers> The Indigos have 'fur', but it's our stylized cartoony fur, which means it's drawn almost like skin - similar to Lilith.

<DreamKeepers> The indigos have color changing that affects the fur and the skin right beneath - like how tigers and zebras are pigmented down to the skin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<SuperVaderMan> Are all Dreamkeeprs born the same way? As in, for example, would reptilian DKs be hatched from eggs, things like that?

<DreamKeepers> Dreamkeepers are all born pretty much the same way - there aren't any eggs that get laid or anything, that's one of the areas where things *pretty much* parellel the human world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<SerafinoDragonTamer> Dave, this is a bit harder, what's the range on a standard Springer Rifle?

<DreamKeepers> I would guesstimate that the mass-produced shock trooper rifles have an *accurate* range of 300-500 yards.

<DreamKeepers> The rounds can travel much further than that, but not with a large degree of accuracy.
____________________________________________________________________________________

So there you have it, this week's dose of random information! I might try to come up with some kind of system to catogorize this stuff if it gets to be too much to sift through, but this should do for now, don't you think? 8-)
Last edited by SuperVaderMan on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperVaderMan

Re: The Unofficial Compendium of Random Dreamkeepers Info

Postby SuperVaderMan on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:33 am

Btw, feel free to either speculate on any information given, or help fill up some space by filling in information you might remember from before. The question/answer thing has been going on a for quite a bit before this thread was created, so that's a lot of info that hasn't been included here yet. I know I remember something in particular about there being fast-food restaurants in Anduruna.

So, go nuts!
SuperVaderMan

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:02 pm

YES YOU GOT MY QUESTION ON HERE!!! EPIC WIN!!! AND 35 Kalei points to you, V!!
SerafinoDragonTamer

Postby Klona on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:20 pm

If you want a one note file that has a large ammount of data on it, just send me the proper address and I will do my best to send it. Unfortunately, it is still a work in progress, with some entomology errors and Prelude info that still needs to be added. I hope that this humble addition will be of some help here.
Klona

Postby Twilight on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Ok. . Klona, welcome to the forums, but before randomly offering people files, I would strongly suggest introducing yourself properly. .

That and if it's a text file, you could just as easily post it in a new thread somewhere, as showing up and offering to send people information files (in two different threads) is not only spammy, it seems creepy and unsafe. . .

As a public message announcement to everyone, don't randomly accept files from people you don't know D8
Twilight

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Twilight wrote:As a public message system to everyone, don't randomly accept files from people you don't know D8

Okay, I see the PSA.... Where's the extremely suggestive picture of Tinsel with a ruler and apple? haha (prelude references.... =b)
SerafinoDragonTamer

Postby Twilight on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:17 pm

*slap* that's for school purposes damn it! ITS FOR THE CHILDREN!
Twilight

Postby Twilight on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:19 pm

CURSE YOU WORD FILTER!!!

. . . come to think of it. . that's. . . really creepy. . . Apparently Anduruna likes to appeal to the kids with an alleged p*rnstar. . how about that for random dreamkeepers info? ^^:
Twilight

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:23 pm

well, I don't think there are many child abuse laws.... And if that means Grunn can curbstomp children (at least as his nickname entails), that means parents don't mind if their kids watch videos of Calah and Tinsel's pool parties? O-o wait... how did this make sense?
Annnyyyywayss.... *DAH DAT DAT DAH!* A bit of speculation on a question: If Nightmares like eating/killing Ryuu-Nekos, and Dave said that not all the characters will live, does that mean Vincent.... bites the dust? D= O NOEZ
SerafinoDragonTamer

Postby Klona on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:49 pm

sorry, just trying to help, serafino has already seen it (we live close by) and indirectly pointed in this direction, the forum. sorry for any issues it may have caused, my offer was benign in nature. thanks for the basic ettiquet, I just wanted to share a project that has been slowly consuming more of my time, effort, lined paper, and pencils.
Klona

---------

Next

Return to General