The Heist - (On Hold)

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: The Heist

Postby MandyHabato on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Yuri shook her head, coming back to reality. "Oh, yeah, sorry."
Spirits, why the heck had that happened? Yeah, sometimes she paused before a mission to sort things out, but she had never spaced like that before. Actually, not since her first mission.

Okay, something was messin' with her head. Or maybe it was like that....no, that couldn't be. That was a fluke, and she swore never to do that again. She was just getting worried.

"Yeah, okay. Sounds good."

Yuri stood up and bent the spoon that she still had in her hand in half and put it in her pocket. Eh, she was going to get Alric a new one, it was just something to keep her from shouting. Grab it if she got angry or scared, maybe. She looked over at Paska, raising an eyebrow as she heard Shala's question and saw Bix being ushered out by Alric.

"Uh, might want to hurry with your answer, seems we need to get goin'.
User avatar
MandyHabato
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:26 pm
Location: Amity Park, hunting with Danny & co.

Re: The Heist

Postby Lord of the Forest on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:44 pm

The frown on Paska's muzzle was still. "I think I'll stick with Mute today. I mean, two is probably a safe number all around." He tried to give her a reassuring grin. "You'll have an easier time, trust me."
User avatar
Lord of the Forest
 
Posts: 1529
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:39 pm
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: The Heist

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:40 pm

Reid looked up from the data-scroll he had been looking at, trying to figure it out. "Huh? Oh yeah! That's great. We'll keep an eye open for anything odd for you guys."

He looked back down at the data-scroll, quickly tapping away at some program he had managed to start up. He would occasionally stop and try out something on the headset, to see if anything changed.
User avatar
Devious_Psychopath
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: A padded cell

Re: The Heist

Postby Sorrel on Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:29 am

Shala gave the little guy a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "Alright, that works just fine."

Looking at Paska drew her attention to the disgruntled figure behind him, busy finaggling with a datapad. Judging from the look on Mute's face, there wasn't much success in that. He kept lifting the headset to his ear and frowning and clicking around on the interface. "Oh, you're trying to sync? Let me see." She relieved him of the datascroll and, a few deft keystrokes later, the earpiece beeped obediently. The woman passed it back to him with a nod. "There, that should work."

Seeing that the others were wasting no time in hustling out, she beckoned to the few stragglers and trotted to the door.
User avatar
Sorrel
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Behind you.

Re: The Heist

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Alric clicked the door shut and hit the open sign, muttering a little as he went back across the counter to his seat, “Testtest. Welcome to day two everyone. Freehold is up, everything is live… let’s get a move on. Any questions you have on the fly, I’m all ears.”

They had a bit of a commute before they got to the target, so they could fix whatever last minute adjustments they needed to make. Thankfully, it was still very early in the morning, so most sane people were still asleep, or just waking up at best, so the water-taxis weren’t crowded… some were downright empty.


((Bix can go ahead and kick off the actual event by walking down the street to the target. And the rest of you can set up at your locations while he’s making his way in. I shall intervene when necessary!))
User avatar
Chemical Cutthroat
 
Posts: 1123
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:51 pm
Location: Plotting Your Demise

Re: The Heist

Postby SuperVaderMan on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:11 pm

And then Bix was rushed out the door before he could process everything that was going on.

After a moment of standing there looking like a lost puppy, he had the sense to start towards making his way towards the research facility. It was a ways away, far enough that he probably should've hailed a cab or teamster, but they were too expensive for his zero lucre travel budget. That, and his flying license had since expired, and he'd be damned if he could afford to renew it, they were so expensive.

As he made his way down the streets Bix had little to do but worry about every little thing that could go wrong with this... infiltration attempt? He supposed that's what it was. Though when he thought of the word "infiltrate" he thought of spy movies and the like where the idea was to work one's way into the bad guys' ranks gradually over several days, not to be in and then back out again when you've finished fixing and bugging their equipment. Wait--was that what he was supposed to do? Just do his job like normal and fix everything? Or is he supposed to pretend he's fixing things so he can stay there longer? He thought he'd ask about that before he got to the facility.

"Hello? Um... uuhhh..." he just realized he'd forgotten whatever home-base was called, "uhh, this is--this is Seer. What am I doing once I get in there? Am I fixing everything right away, or am I going to... going to stall for more time? I'm not sure.... ...OH, uhm, over."

It was then that Bix realized that he'd just about forgotten every bit of radio etiquette he'd crammed yesterday for the restaurant business.
User avatar
SuperVaderMan
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:22 pm
Location: In the mailbox

Re: The Heist

Postby Sorrel on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:30 pm

Shala started off in the general direction of the castle -- then remembered she'd left her wrist-mount back in the shop. She froze in her tracks, spun on one heel and scuttled through the door.

"Hi, Alric."

The woman trotted over and yoinked the little datapad from the counter.

"Bye, Alric."

Out she went.

Then her earpiece beeped, and the beanpole's voice muttered in her ear. Hard to tell what he was saying -- the volume was too low. She almost reached up to adjust it, but then realized that there were at least two dozen potential witnesses in sight. Instead, she kept her strides smooth and took to the still-lengthy shadows on the sides of the street, shoving her hands into her pockets to keep them from pressing the little device closer. After a moment she reached up as though to scratch an itch and used the motion to activate it.

"Creeper to Seer." The words were emphasized, a gentle reminder of protocol. "Just do what you'd normally do. Go in there and fix the lasers like they tell you. While you're at it, make sure to clip that little blue thing onto one of the red wires in the room, as long as nobody's looking. Atlas will take it from there." Oh wait, where was she going? Right, they hadn't actually decided on a meeting point yet. "Creeper to Avalanche. Meet me at..." She flicked through a mental catalogue of locations before remembering one that was mostly occupied by idiots who wouldn't notice them. "...that one music store near the Talocan-Margate border, Bad Bramble. Over."

She flicked the earpiece's microphone off. That place was always half-deserted, and the few souls present were too busy bobbing their heads to pretentious avant-garde music to care that anyone else existed, let alone take note of illicit activities. It had been a drug-pusher haven for years for that very reason.
User avatar
Sorrel
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Behind you.

Re: The Heist

Postby MandyHabato on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:30 pm

"Creeper to Avalanche. Meet me at...that one music store near the Talocan-Margate border, Bad Bramble. Over."

Really? It had to be the place where that guy she had pissed off last week worked. And the hate had been directed at her because she was protecting Gerard. It wasn't her fault she had to kick the guy's **** when he attacked her little brother! All the idiot had been doing was hitting on the guy's sister. Who knew the girl's brother was the protective type?

Yuri repressed a sigh as she took a well-used shortcut of hers. More speed bumps were appearing, but maybe luck would win out today. She reached her hands up behind her head as she stretched, switching the microphone on.
"Avalanche to Creeper. Got that, but I'll be in the far corner, as far from the counter as possible. Cashier's got bad relations with me. Don't ask or worry, the guy's scared of me anyway. Over."

Yuri held the stretch long enough to talk and switch the earpiece off. Now, to think of a good reason she was gonna be there. This day was getting more and more interesting.
User avatar
MandyHabato
 
Posts: 716
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:26 pm
Location: Amity Park, hunting with Danny & co.

Re: The Heist

Postby Sorrel on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:11 am

Shala gnawed her lower lip and switched the earpiece back on. "Creeper to Avalanche -- you say someone there knows you? How about we make that meeting outside, around back? Shouldn't be too many people around that way. Over." Good, at least she knows the place.

Had it been nighttime, she would have just taken the quickest route and run pell-mell across the rooftops. But the sun was rising and you couldn't always count on people to be stupid in broad daylight. Or... well, it was bad form anyway. So instead she jogged merrily through the streets, donning the guise of a casual morning runner and making her meandering way towards the border of Margate.
User avatar
Sorrel
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Behind you.

Re: The Heist

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:27 am

Near the Norvondire Border

Bix had been partially herded/pushed onto a crowded water taxi of commuters as he had walked to his destination. This was probably for the better, as walking would have taken the better part of forever. Thankfully, the extra-tall character fit right in with the morning commuters off to work, still clutching the slightly-heavy toolbag that Alric had shoved into his arms as he shoved them out the door. A little rude, but they were on a timetable here.

The little ship sped along the waterway at a good clip, he’d be at his destination in about… thirty minutes at this rate. Which was good, as that put him just about on time for his ‘appointment’, even a little early.

Thick morning fog still hung over the Norvondire district, and it was hard to tell if it was going to rain or burn off over the course of the day. Nearby, one of the commuters chatted with another in the cramped taxi, “Did you hear about the jailbreak attempt yesterday?”

“Yeah! That’s just a few miles from where we work, nobody escaped right?”

“Nah, news says the police on hand managed to lock the place down pretty good.”

“Pssh… yeah, like the news is going to report anything bad.”


The Bad Bramble

You’d be hard pressed to name a music store that opens before ten o’clock anywhere… especially a small independent place. But sure enough the doors were open, and thumping basslines rolled into the street, adding music to the bustle of morning-people.

People milled about, hitting up the coffee shops and other bright stores that could still make a buck despite the early morning. People chatted about the news, music… other incredibly inane and boring things that people like to talk about…

At least it was a nice, busy, public place to meet up.

But it was also further from where they’d need to be later.

From one of the little café’s, the news blared something about an attempted prison break being valiantly rebutted by the station’s police forces.
User avatar
Chemical Cutthroat
 
Posts: 1123
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:51 pm
Location: Plotting Your Demise
---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron