The Heist - (On Hold)

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: The Heist

Postby Oseirus on Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:23 pm

Pausing for just a moment outside the Director's office, Kurgen smoothed out his uniform and inspected himself for any discrepancies: wrinkles, strings, dust, balls of fluff, stray hairs... All fixed and discarded within a matter of seconds until he stood pristine.

Gently rapping just once on the door, the rigid ram assumed a loose parade rest stance, feet spread to shoulder width and hands clasped behind his back. After a few moments a voice called from the other side: "Enter."

In a single, fluid motion Kurgen swung the door open, stepped through, closed it again, and posted himself a couple paces off of the Director's desk. His solid green eyes quickly scanned the room, and immediately a few things stood out to him. All of the blinds had been drawn shut, and the phone had also been disconnected. Only two people were in the room besides Kurgen: standing was a smallish, yellow, chihuahua-like dreamkeeper that was Director Earvin Moltz, and a second man that he had never seen before sitting behind the Director's desk, presumably the one who had called him earlier.

He was a hulking, stone-like humanoid that stood only a couple inches shorter than the Detective. His nose was little more than a pair of small nostrils drilled into the center of his face, and his already small mouth was dwarfed by two huge, ruby red eyes that lacked pupils. Rather than hair, he sported a series of sharp spikes that raked back from the top of his head, like a wind-blown Statue of Liberty. His name tag and insignia identified him as Major General Delmore. Kurgen remembered him as the guy in charge of the Safety Troops' Black Ops Division.

So basically, sh*t has seriously hit the fan.

"Sir, Detective Helst reports as ordered."
Oseirus

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Dropping the very tiny pinhole camera and it’s attached wires into Atlas’ nimble claws, Alric hopped the counter again, careful not to spill his coffee. He rooted around for a second before pulling out a second datascroll. It was still clean and expensive-looking, but didn’t share some of the sharp lines of his newer one. He booted it up to made sure it was good on charge, then (after getting his attention) tossed it across the counter to Mute, “There ya are chief. You’ll need to link it with the headset, but all the software is right there.”

He immediately picked up Shala’s datascroll and trotted it over to his workspace, linking it up with his bigger machine and poking away at his screen, “Oh, Bix, I grabbed a bag of gear for you to use… I’m sure you have your own, but if you want to move it to my workbag, the bag itself has a tracker in it, as well as a couple goodies I can show you how to use if you get the chance. It’s all sewn into the liner, top work there… once you’re done getting wired I’ll let you take a look.”
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Lord of the Forest on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Shala didn't have to look for very long since Paska padded out of the kitchen, pear wedged between his jaws as he picked a high place to mope on. Eventually he hopped on top of a light fixture, sweeping it clear of any dust with a quick swipe of his tail. He gave a courteous nod to Shala, keeping a tight grip on the fruit between his hind paw while he balanced himself on the precarious edge with his hands.

It was clear he was less keen on speaking, oddly enough. It might have been nerves, but his entire body was aflutter with some grounded fear for today. He didn't know exactly what it would entail, but he silently hoped there would be little on his end. Messing it up this late in the game could have repercussions for the rest of the crew. He already felt that there was some resentment among them for the rash undertaking of yesterday.
Lord of the Forest

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Paska soon found a nervous looking Mute standing underneath the light fixture, looking up at him.

He looked briefly off to the side. "Hey... Uh. Do you know how to... 'link the headset to the data pad'?" He looked so horribly confused by his own words. It was painfully clear that Reid was techno-illiterate.
Devious_Psychopath

Postby MandyHabato on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Yuri's head darted around the room, watching bits of everyone's activities. She didn't know what to do, so she just stood- er, sat back and waited. When Alric asked for info scrolls, she didn't move except for looking down, then at everyone else's.

Yeah, being as poor as her family was, she couldn't even ever ASK about info scrolls. She didn't say anything, because Shala said Yuri was going with her and Yuri didn't know if she needed one yet. That, and she hated having to point out something that seemed like everyone but Yuri had.

What else to do when you have nothing to say, and know not what to do? So, Yuri just sat there, in the midst of a storm of preparation, doing the one theng no-one would every think the ivory cat girl could ever do. She was quiet, with a blank face, and blended into the background.
MandyHabato

Postby Twilight on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:32 pm

The blinking headlights moved back and forth between the small bug and the bigger bug, trying to figure out exactly how the small bug would fit inconspicuously on the bigger bug's lanky form. As far as Atlas could tell, the only area in his body with enough volume to covertly house the thing was his head, but even then it didn't much look like-

Her claws reached up toward his mouth and snugly clung to it, forcing it open as far as it could go.

"hmm"

Her tentacles retracted and wrapped themselves in a puzzled cross-armed position. She examined the stick figure before her, rubbing the underside of her beak in a thoughtful manner. One of the tentacles prepped itself in front of her, and in a motion resembling a scorpion stinger, she poked at him in several places around his torso.

"Mr. Bix, is your body privy of any hidden compartments, perchance?"
Twilight

Postby SuperVaderMan on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Bix didn't complain during the process, despite being manhandled by this woman. He rubbed his jaw a little after it was forced open, but that was the most he offered in terms of resistance.

"Uhm, not unless you made one, I don't think so," he said half-jokingly, "...uh--don't do that, though," he added, remembering who he was talking to. "Not that a camera would do much good in a hidden compartment, though--uh, what about my shirt pocket, would that work?"

He looked down to said pocket, where a couple of pens were seen poking out, then back to her to see what she thought.
SuperVaderMan

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:22 pm

“Alright.” Alric punctuated this single word with a clap of his hands, and went and put the datascrolls he had been programming out on the counter for their owners to retrieve. “Grab your gear folks… we need to get moving or our man is gonna be late.” Alric heaved up a little workbag onto the table, “Bix! Less attention to Atlas’ claws, more attention to the bag. Right…”

The mechanic unzipped the handbag, exposing an array of tools, “Basic goodies that you might need. Things like the physical bits for popping panels and getting into machines, and the more sensitive gadgets that are more in line with your specialty.” He gestured to a couple little tools most of them wouldn’t recognize… hell a few he didn’t recognize himself.

“Alright, now this is the kicker, watch.” He looped a finger the holder that kept a pair of wire-cutters in place, and pulled. On the other side of the bag, part of the seam curled back, exposing some more nefarious instruments, along with some bugs and little video cameras. “Do with them what you like, just try and make sure they’re hidden. If you boot up a camera, I’ll watch it through my screen back here and help you align it over the earpiece. It won’t do us any good if all it does is take an immaculate picture of the ceiling.”

He sipped his coffee and looked around the room again, then zipped up the bag, “Anything else? Too bad… ya’ll need to get moving. We need Bix on time. You can chat along the way.” Alric took a few moments to work the earpiece into his pointy ear, “Any questions you can ask me over the radio en route.” He perched in his little command chair (stool) behind the counter and nodded to the door, “And can someone hit the OPEN sign for me on the way out?”
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Sorrel on Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:15 pm

No sooner had Shala asked about Paska's whereabouts than the little rascal appeared atop a stool next to her. One glance at his slumped posture and subdued expression told her all she needed to know. The poor guy definitely had the crap scared out of him yesterday.

"Okay, here's the plan --" She cut herself off when she realized the girl seemed to be staring off into space, trying to be invisible. The woman waved a hand in her direction. "Oi, stay with me. Here's what we're going to do. We hide ourselves around the castle's perimeter and wait for the signal over the comm channel. Bix is going to go in there, fix up the facility laser things, and plant a bug so Atlas can get into their security system. Once she's got a link up and running, she'll use her techie-magic to let us in without setting off the alarms."

She moved to pull up the castle blueprints on her wrist-mount, only to find that she'd given it to Alric a moment ago. Oh well. "When you and I are inside, we'll head for the central room on the second floor. That's their data center, where they keep the scroll. If it's in there, we get in, nick the little sucker, and get out before anyone's the wiser." She paused, to make sure the main plan was separate from the backup one.

"If the scroll isn't in there, we move to plan B." Sweet spirits, she hoped that Murphy's Law would ignore them for once. "There are three computers we'll need to trawl for information -- specifically, Talino's work schedule. The scroll will be with her. If we can manage that, we'll improvise a retrieval plan."

A flurry of movement attracted her attention to the other side of the room, where Alric was already shooing Bix out the front door.

"Oh boy, here we go." She looked over at Paska. Wow, he looked down. "Hey, listen, you're the only one without an assignment so you get a choice." He doesn't look up for much stress today... "You want watch duty with Mute, or do you want to help me and Avalanche out?"
Sorrel

Postby Oseirus on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:48 pm

"At ease, Detective." The Major General's voice was low and gravelly, a perfect fit for his rocky exterior. "Officially, I'm not here, so we can dispose with the pleasantries."

Kurgen paused, confused for a moment, but eventually relaxed. "I'll assume then that I have permission to speak freely. What's so important that you're keeping me from my vacation?"

Delmore looked like he was about ready to knock Kurgen out for his insolence, but maintained his composure. "Before I say anything, you WILL treat this with utmost confidentiality. You will be given a small team to work with, but outside of this team, NO ONE will know about this operation. Understood?"

The Detective's eyes narrowed, sizing the Major General with suspicion. He didn't even have the case details and already something seemed shady about it all. But, it wasn't Kurgen's job to question, simply to do.

"Yes, sir."

"Good. Now..." The desk's top lit up as the built-in datascroll quietly hummed to life. "Last night there was an attempted jailbreak at a Norvondire prison. Motive is unknown and so far no one has claimed responsibility, but for now the media thinks it was simply some Street Clan thugs failing to break their buddies out of the slammer."

Delmore cut himself off for a moment, inputting passwords and delving deep into the government mainframes. Eventually he pulled up a file identified by a string of seemingly random letters and numbers.

"Unfortunately the evidence we've recovered is minimal at best. Trace blood samples and fuzzy camera footage only tell us that someone was there, but not who or why. We've also recovered expended fireworks, used as distraction and as a weapon against a sharpshooter lookout. That man is currently in the ICU at Mercy Hospital in Norvondire with second- and third-degree burns covering 60 percent of his body. He will be your first witness."

Once he finished speaking, Delmore stood and stared directly into Kurgen's eyes. "You will report all of your findings to either myself or the Director. Any information withheld from us or given to the wrong parties will be considered grounds for... termination." His last word hung thick in the air. Although the threat wasn't direct, Kurgen accepted its meaning with crystal clarity.

The silence was broken about a minute later by Kurgen clearing his throat. "You mentioned I'll have a team to work with? Who?"

"As of now that's undecided. We're working to give you two of our best forensics agents."

" You said so yourself that there is minimal evidence. What good are forensics going to do? I need officers, not pencil pushers."

Again, Delmore resisted the urge to rip Kurgen's tongue from his head, but maintained his firm tone. "Did you have someone else in mind?"

"Yes, actually. Just one is all I need."
Oseirus

---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...