The Dreamkeepers Wiki Site Thread

For miscellaneous speculation about the Dreamworld and dreamkeepers, you've come to the right place!

Re: The Dreamkeepers Wiki Site Thread

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:12 pm

It's comin together pretty well though... I was planning on starting in some of the Dreamworld stuff like Fallguard and stuff, but I didn't have enough time... I might do some work on it tomorrow while waiting for Dave to get on... I don't know
SerafinoDragonTamer

Postby Twilight on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:12 pm

Allies and Enemies still seems really iffy. . . it feels amateur.
Twilight

Postby Lord of the Forest on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:29 pm

Twilight wrote:Allies and Enemies still seems really iffy. . . it feels amateur.

Agreed, I think it's something that can be summarized in each characters bio. Speaking of which, I think the first thing we should tackle is getting certain categories decided and then completed. It may be just me, but I like the idea of separating everything into four categories; Characters, Dreamworld, Volume summaries, and Lore. I nominate Characters to be tackled first. The first thing to do on that list is to get some work done on the character template.

For one, things that we may need to remove is the Death tag. It just seems so...abrupt in the character profile. That goes for the Status row on the table to the top right :( .

I think that we should separate the Bio section into present and Prelude life and do away with the Pre-Comic life.

Other than that, it's a good start me thinks for a first draft. Thoughts?
Lord of the Forest

Postby Twilight on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:44 pm

Seconded. Not to mention you guys are going at this WAY too fast!

You're just unloading lots of info on a bunch of pages which. . guess what? They'll all have to be patched up at some point, which adds another load of extra work.

Slow down. Take your time.

Also, we don't need to unload so much information on the site, for the sake of information. We already HAVE the information. We NEED to put it together cohesively, and dumping it all in random pages like that is not gonna help.

Doing this requires only two things.

SIMPLICITY and EFFICIENCY.

Both things, thus far, have gone completely ignored X_X

You're writing a book without planning it here. It's gonna cost more time and effort to fix it later than it is to do it right, the first time.
Twilight

Postby Zagura on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:59 pm

Lord of the Forest wrote:I like separating everything into three categories; Characters, Dreamworld, Volume summaries, and Lore. I nominate Characters to be tackled first. The first thing to do on that list is to get some work done on the character template.

For one, things that we may need to remove is the Death tag. It just seems so...abrupt in the character profile. That goes for the Status row on the table to the top right :( .

I agree with all of these points. Some of the details on the chart are necessary. Actually ive drafted a bunch of categories but I dunno if they're suitable. 1-3 are the top menu bars. the 4th is just wikia's user info stuff.

1-Characters
*Main Characters
*Dreamkeepers
*Dark Dreamkeepers
*Nightmares
*Troika
*Prelude Specific (Unique characters only)

2-Lore
*History
*Technology
*Locations
*Creatures

3-Plots
*Prelude
*Vol1-3
*Cannon RPs

Characters would be a good place to start, though we're out of nice character portraits, so im not sure if we should continue using that particular layout. However, providing more than a mugshot would be a better choice, imo since the full character's physique is unique.

Twilight wrote:SIMPLICITY and EFFICIENCY.

Most of my work has been dumped into the main page and getting its nested table and columns laid out. I mean if we dont start there, where else do we start. n_n;
(Noted I have paperwork done also, not just editing the main page at a whim.)

The only character page I really work on now is Mace's, which I use to test out layouts, looks, what information goes best where, etc.
Zagura

Postby Lord of the Forest on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Guys, could we hold back on editing the wiki until we've got a consensus on what we're working with?

We haven't even got an agreement on the three main categories yet. I should put up a poll or something, but I'd rather get a head count of EVERYONE who plans on being on the wiki editing group.

-raises hand-
Lord of the Forest

Postby Zagura on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Lord of the Forest wrote:-raises hand-

-raises hand-

*edit* uploaded the navigation and category info i had, previous all on paper. Bad idea on my part.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Zagura

Postby UberUrsa on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:21 am

-raises hand-
UberUrsa

Postby Twilight on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:33 am

*raises hand*
Twilight

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:51 am

-Thumbs up-