The downfall of Grunn! (or something like that.)

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

The downfall of Grunn! (or something like that.)

Postby boomboy on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:07 am

Right, we all know that Grunn is a bit of a hard *** (Or likes to think so). So I was thinking of a bit of a scare factor to be wrought unto the orphanage. Kind of like a horror story without all the gore that usually goes with it. Yes, it may sound like a bit of a 'stupid' idea (Stupid only because I couldn't think of another word for it,) but I was thinking, well, a large explosion near the orphanage (A distillery experiment gone wrong?) and then absolute chaos from there. The children go missing, (Taken into police custody?), his 'collection' goes up in flames, his dock ship thing begins to be damaged severely. Something along those lines. As for Rp length, I certainly don't plan it to be a super long one, though we'll just have to see how it goes. Perhaps it was an assassination attempt on another gone horribly wrong. As in, he was given the wrong location?

Well, ideas please.
boomboy

Re: The downfall of Grunn! (or something like that.)

Postby Reed R Gale on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:12 am

RP-wise, what would people actually do?
Reed R Gale

Postby boomboy on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:53 am

Now this is why I loathe plotting a thread. The fact that you have to ensure that everyone has a role to play. Ah well, I was thinking utter chaos. Perhaps a mysterious character (Shadow stalker perhaps?) starts kidnapping the children to become.... Clowns? Forgive me, I'm useless at plotting.

Perhaps Mace and Whip were planning their ultimate prank on Grunn when a large explosion rocked the coast line. After that, absolute chaos. The shock troopers storm the area, beating civilians senselessly because of a murdered trooper? Meanwhile, Church approaches the orphanage. Convinced that the target in question is inside. After that, primarily cat and mouse stuff. One party defending life and limb (I.e. Grunn) Another party hunting his target(I.e. Church) And one other party trying to sabotage the entire plot (I.e. The children?)

For the most part. I'm useless at plotting. XD
boomboy

Postby Reed R Gale on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:16 pm

The basis of a RP is a situation, then placing people in it and seeing how they perform. What you want people to do is act as the characters from DK with an antagonist placed in, correct? Acting is always role-playing, but role-playing isn't always acting. People don't usually like to mimic characters of others but if you can make it work, that would be great.

If you want to continue with this project, you'll need to define the roles that people will play. AKA:

Mace
Whip
Grunn
Otherphanameshere...

Or you could be really out of the box and have everyone play Grunn in this situation and you just alternate. Then everyone has a part.

All in all, a RP is a group thing, and you need to define what it is that the players can or need to do. Good luck!

Cheers,

Reed R Gale
Reed R Gale

Postby SuperVaderMan on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Personally I do not condone the idea of people playing the roles of established characters, or even including them in RPs, like, at all.
SuperVaderMan

Postby Reed R Gale on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:03 pm

Cant blame you there.
Reed R Gale

Postby Lord of the Forest on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:42 pm

SuperVaderMan wrote:Personally I do not condone the idea of people playing the roles of established characters, or even including them in RPs, like, at all.

Well the answer to that is easy: don't participate if you don't like it. Different strokes, as always. There's no strict guideline for roleplay here, it's up to the person running it to get people invested in the idea to hook them in.

Like so-

...you could be really out of the box and have everyone play Grunn in this situation and you just alternate. Then everyone has a part.

That actually has some coherence to it for a quick little game of sorts. Plenty of room for disaster (both the good kind and facepalm worthy kind), which really depends on who's playing, as well as room for basic entertainment if considerably considerate players are present. Whenever you involve canonized characters you always run the risk in having them act in a way that betrays them, which breaks immersion, which breaks everything else.
Lord of the Forest

Postby boomboy on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:31 am

I completely understand where you chaps are coming from actually. You see, my understanding of this forum was that some users were elected to play certain canon characters. I never knew that it was a free for all thing. Guess I may as well come up with a new one then. Suggestions anyone.
boomboy

---------

Return to Headless room.