The Docks of Margate

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: The Docks of Margate

Postby Avolendi on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 am

With the noise of the boombox gone, the thunder in the distance became audible again. Someone yelled what sounded like a curse and next a figure appeared on the rooftop next to the alley.

What is going on there? As he wondered this, the man on the roof passed by, while staying below the top of the roof. He stepped to the edge of the overhang to get a better look. Seems like he's trying to stay out sight, though that drunk is still in the alley. Just then the stranger noticed him and yelled something not so nice at him.

It was tempting to make a remark back, but he didn't feel like it. So instead he just flicked away the drab that was left of his coffee in a cursory move of his wrist, as if saying 'like I care', while looking back.

Almost time to get back to work and leave the alley going oddities for what they were.
Avolendi

Postby Reed R Gale on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:26 am

And so all that happened had happened. It was kind of odd really, to watch this all without anyone noticing. But that was the story of this life.

It had started with a little fishing. Okay, that was a lie, why lie to himself, the 'keeper thought to himself. He was watching the love of his life from his secluded spot. Come hell or high water, he wouldn't rest until he married her. It had been this way for about two years. One day he would confess and the girl would be his!

One day...

And a little rain wasn't going to stop him from his quest in stalk--err... watching her beautiful daily routine. He knew that a little rain wouldn't stop her either. It was one of the things that he admired about the fellow feline. She always walked with an unmimicable, aloof power. Today was no different.

This feline kept his distance though. If there was one thing he was good at, it was being unnoticed. He sat and watched his girl stride down the street from a distance until he was shaken from his self-induced focused stupor from a racket from the alleyway. Blasphemy! Who was this monster who dared interrupt this me-time!

Oh. Some drunk guy. The cat observed from a distance as all the antics took place and finally took notice of the orange cat 'keeper on the lines. He seemed to be stalking the same girl as him! Could he be... the same!?

That made him his rival, but clearly, he wasn't as good at keeping unnoticed as this green feline because he was called out. But that didn't seem to stop him. He leaped to another rooftop and seemed to continue observation. This called for immediate attention...

But actually, if he wanted to follow him, this 'keeper figured, all he'd need to do was continue to keep out of sight, or simply inconspicuous, and follow his original mark. That wouldn't be hard. The 'keeper continued to watch her from a distance. He didn't even know her name.
Reed R Gale

Postby Avolendi on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Work ended and the evening fell as the feline wished his boss a good evening and headed home. For most people, what had happened during his break would've been a highlight of the day. Almost being apart of something curious and interesting.

For a moment he thought of whether it had been a good choice. It was almost tempting, the simplicity of it all. Just to go home, make diner. Maybe watch the news or spend some time on hobbies. However he had realized that doing that would eventually drive him crazy. Wanting to avoid that he had taken a rather peculiar hobby.

As he avoided the puddles in his path from the rain before, he looked up at the sky. The rain had stopped, but the clouds remained as the sun was starting to set. Soon the evening would only be lit by the odd lamps on the main streets... Perfect. It was always nice when you didn't need to mind standing out against a moonlit sky.

He wasn't that good, but he was able to judge what was out of his league. So far he had managed to avoid getting in trouble with any of the local 'authorities'. The green feline did learn the alleys and roofs weren't always as abandoned as they seemed at night. One time things got a bit heated while trying out his lock picking skills on the wrong warehouse and he didn't have time to take the lock pick set out of the door. Standing around a corner, he heard bits about a meeting and searching the area, that convinced him to steer clear of the darker parts of the docks in the future. In the long run it probably helped that he didn't need to make a living out of it, but stuck to taking 'minor' souvenirs at most.

Tonight would be a good time give that mansion a closer look and see if the rumours are true about the wine cellar of the good Sir Ihavetoomuchwine. I'll just have to be careful with that strange hothead running around on the rooftops. Wouldn't want to run into him.
Avolendi

Postby Mr Aerospace on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:57 pm

Rousing from his makeshift mattress, the vagrant was somewhat relieved to discover the daylight and rain subsiding. He must have been out for a good hour or so this time round (a thought that didn't escape his notice) and for the first time in weeks, the combination offered him a slither of optimism, bringing a smile to his face, albeit temporarily. The giddiness washed away moments later by the torrent of accumulated pain he had so far avoided.

The aches were inundating every part of him, making it difficult to muster his thoughts. Still, with the non-existent assistance he was used to, he was able to gather his strength and possessions, and plot two last stops on his way back to the docks for the night. Leaving the broken bottle and beak behind, he slipped out of Bakery Lane and into the back alley shadows, wallowing to his next objectives; the rear doors of a particularly well-to-do seaboard restaurant.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Mr Aerospace on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:18 am

The knock emanating from the back of the kitchen was enough to break Sy's focus. The encoded rhythm meant only one thing, and the chef welcomed the familiar distraction with a huge exhalation. It broke short his verbal tirade and as soon as he realised, he felt a huge pang of guilt for almost breaking his new assistant. The inexperienced fawn was on the verge of tears, so he humbly apologised for overstepping the line, gave her a hug and a compassionate kiss on the forehead before setting her back to work. The adorable smile he received in return melted him to the spot.

The overstressed viverrine checked his rampant imagination, backed away from the bench and wiped his paws clean on the serviette resting on his shoulder. He ensured all his staff were picking up the slack before finally deciding to greet his visitor. In one last graceful motion, he tossed the serviette into the wash-basket, grabbed his bottle of water and backed out through the alley-door, flushing the foul mood completely away.

His theatrical exit slammed up against the cold air and the sickly sweet odours of booze breath and blood. "Par les esprits, tu pue!" he blurted, involuntarily stepping back from the invisible wall. A second look at his old corporal quickly told Sy all was not well and he ignored the barrier in concern for his friend. "Mais, dis donc, Cal? T'es entrain de rejouer la guerre ivre?"
"English Sylvain!" the visitor snarled, then flippantly "Nah, got caught off guard by a pair of felines and tried to escape through a brick wall."
"You alright?"
"It's gonna be one hell of a hangover," Cal rubbed the back of his head "...my beak's stinging like crazy and..." he dabbed at the wound with his sleeve, "...still bleeding. but other than that, she's all apples."
"Je m'enfou de tout ça! You know what I mean." Sy's voice tensed into a whisper "t'es reconnu and you get shot up by ze new troopers."

The comment deflated Cal on the spot, so the two war buddies sat down side by side on the narrow steps. Swigging from the bottle, Sy offered it to Cal, who took a large gulp and returned the bottle now spotted with a little blood. Neither of them even noticed. Blood and grime didn't phase the pair anymore and they were comfortably squeezed together to escape the last remnants of rain. Finally settled down, Cal's measured response came out.

"No, all anyone ever sees of Dave is a drunk idiot. He's famous for it. Cops don't care and no-one even looks twice anymore, even when he's injured like this." aimlessly pointing at the obvious.
The first sentence had hit a nerve and the chef called his friend out on it.
"C'est pas difficile quand t'es comme ça. You are supposed to play drunk, not become alco'olic, idio'."
No response came, so the chef shifted tack.
"'ow many you got left, Cal? And I mean ozer than Radio Dave? 'e'll kill you soon, and you know it."
"Well..." Cal paused in thought, "...there's the street vendor, the security guard and the fisherman, but all those props were swept up by over-zealous street cleaners last winter.
"Merde, c'est pas bien, and ze 'arbinger?
"Of course, but it's been months since someone attracted the expedition squads, plus I think they're finally onto that one now."
"Can you get new ID's?"
"Nah, Cypher got bumped out of profiles & records years ago, I think he even retired a while back"
"Ah, we should go see 'im one day..." The tangential thought trailed off to silence for a moment.
"You could try ze Bandi--"
The word had barely escaped Sy's mouth when something hard connected with his stomach, knocking the wind out of him.
"I told you never to bring that up!" Cal practically screamed out, and with that the visitor angrily got up to leave, but clutched his head in pain from the sudden movement.
"Attends" Sy wheezed, "I 'ave some pain-killers inside, and you could use some bandage' and clean serviettes." With that he quickly ducked back through the door.

A minute later Sy returned outside and handed over a frumpy paper bag. He reminded Cal to bring the towels back before hailing his friend goodbye. He waited until Cal turned away before allowing himself to gingerly paw his stomach, partly in pain, partly in disbelief at his own stupidity at bringing up an off limit subject and partly at the speed and power his old friend still kept hidden. Turning back to work, the thought that he'd screwed up a decades old friendship kept him sullen for the rest of the evening.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Wreckeronezero on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:25 am

Sov continued following the girl, still attempting his best to not come across as a stalker type figure. He continued going over notes on his data-scroll when Mir pawed him on the nose.

"What is it?"

The Ryuu-neko gave him an un-easy look and he smiled and patted his chest where the springer rifle was hidden.

"Dont worry Mir, were safe here, lets just get something to eat, find a place to crash for the night, and head home."

He continued down the alley way behind the girl. He ocassionally glanced up at her to see if she was still infront of him.

"What do you think about making a boat Mir?, we should come up with a name..."

He stayed quiet, lost in thought as he blindly passed by alley exits and continued behind the girl.

"Mir, we'll name her....'Shev'La Sho'cye".."

He smiled, a perfect name for his boat. The only problem however, would be getting any form of supplies to make it...he didnt have much money.
Last edited by Wreckeronezero on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wreckeronezero

Location: Washington D.C. Defending the WhiteHouse from Scrin forces alongside GDI forces.

Postby Nyxira on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:08 am

The female kept walking for a time before giving an exasperated sigh and turning angrily to face the insistent tail-er. Her green eyes were bright with dangerous edge as she stared the spy down, very much disliking this situation. "Look, I've already got enough people watching me creepily from the shadows, and that's with spending little time outside of my home!" She growled, her fierce tone rough and abrasive. "Spirits, it's like every time I go out! I'm not even that cute, can you lot just leave me alone?!" At first she had thought that this guy was the one who she usually felt watching at her on the rare occasions that she came into town, but he seemed different. There wasn't so much an interest in just staring at her as he seemed to have some kind of actual purpose to the stalking. She wasn't sure if that was better or worse.

Casting a look around the area, she frowned even more deeply and turned away. Potentially better. She hated that she couldn't even tell who or what watched her whenever she came that way, it was just that unsettling feeling that set her on the defensive. It was obnoxious, and left her feeling as though there was nothing that she could do about it. That was even more annoying. Maybe it was just the air that the area gave off. "...Whatever, just buzz off already. I hate this city..."
Nyxira

Postby Twilight on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:46 am

"What, you mean creep-o over there?" The feline responded, casually pointing with his thumb toward the reclusive critter in the shadows. "He's harmless. At least for now, anyway."

Then he grinned and pressed his fingertips together into a tent, "But you, Emerald Eyes," he continued, "look like you're about to kick someone's ***, set fire to some poor sailor's boat or land a pretty badass heist... and I for one would love to see that."
Twilight

Postby Wreckeronezero on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:51 am

Sov was caught unprepared for the sudden outburst from the woman. He stood, a few feet away from her and let her finish her rant before responding.

"Ni ceta..err, im sorry. Im just trying to find the local bakery to get something to eat."

He shrugged before looking around and then turning his attention back to the girl.

"Hey uh, miss..you wouldnt happen to know where the bakery is from here would you?..i think i'm kinda lost."

He rubbed the back of his neck while pulling up a map on his data scroll.

"I dont live in the city..i get lost kinda easily.."

He looked around again, feeling uneasy at the surroundings of this place. Something just felt..strange in this place. He suddenly realised that the girl had mentioned stalkers. If she was anywhere as smart as she seemed, then she would probably think he was leading her into a trap.

"Oh!, im sorry if this sounds creepy to ask or anything, im really not trying to pull anything,honest. Im really just lost, The city is really big, and im not from here, so...you know.
Wreckeronezero

Location: Washington D.C. Defending the WhiteHouse from Scrin forces alongside GDI forces.

Postby Reed R Gale on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:03 pm

Stalker? Which stalker? Is she calling me out!?

No. Just some random guy. So many people stealing my job today...The other watcher, the shadier looking one had just pointed out his intentions, but this 'keeper wouldn't be fooled so easily! The idea that someone would think that his girl, sweet and innocent, would ever do something so uncivilized was preposterous. She was just going out for a walk.

Which usually made for a nice day. No need to sneak peaks in her boat house, or try to listen to her talk to herself--something she almost never did, by the way. No, walks were his opportunity to be in the background and watch from close up his future wife.

And these...things were ruining it! It infuriated him! But he kept his thoughts to himself, his rage hidden behind his hair that always covered most of his face. Hair that was almost always covered by his straw hat.

He started reeling his pole in. He may need to be moving soon to keep up. He decided to walk away and take a convoluted route to where he knew his girl would be headed... assuming patterns were to trusted. Most of the time they were.
Reed R Gale

---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...