The Docks of Margate OOC

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Re: The Docks of Margate OOC

Postby Mr Aerospace on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:02 am

Cool, I'll take that as a sign to go ahead then :D

Ok, so for the three involved in the Nyx/Twi/Reed scene, you can go ahead with your scene as if Sov is not actually there. In fact, the story would probably work best if Reed was to progress the scene a little further before I introduce this new character.

Now, onto creating an interesting and believable female character to extricate Sov from the alleys and back to the main street. By the way Wrecker, how old is Sov in this RP?
Mr Aerospace

Postby Wreckeronezero on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:43 pm

He's 26 in this RP. Adding another character will be interesting.
Wreckeronezero

Location: Washington D.C. Defending the WhiteHouse from Scrin forces alongside GDI forces.

Postby Reed R Gale on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Alright, let me reread and get my bearings again. I'll get back on the ball.
Reed R Gale

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:01 am

I'm sorry that post took so long to write!
I struggled so much to get Maddie right. With her first actions already dictated, getting the motives and characterisation to work in context was a lot harder than I first thought.

As for the rest of the story:
-Maddie is the daughter of Sy and Fouine, and waitresses at their restaurant: "the Fisherman's Bend"
-The thug works for an Emissary who owns a rival business, the "Bella Union Hotel". The politician is playing dirty, intimidating Sy and his employees, colluding with authorities and uses plenty of other far less savory tactics to avoid having competition. Although, with the community backing them up, Sy's restaurant is far more dominant.
-The Docker's have a large, community friendly "criminal" syndicate who have found creative ways to avoid taxes on ship imports, keeping a lot of the local prices down which helps the community thrive. They simultaneously muscle out any gangs and thugs, and are more than willing to beat the living snot out of anyone who they think threatens them or any one in the community.
Mr Aerospace

---------

Previous

Return to Headless room.