The Docks of Margate OOC

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Re: The Docks of Margate OOC

Postby Reed R Gale on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:42 am

I'll post something on Saturday. I hope you don't mind, but I've got stuff planned on Friday. Not that my character has made a huge impact just yet anyway. :P
Reed R Gale

Postby Mr Aerospace on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:33 am

Perhaps this might help us all get some bearings: Sov and Cal would roughly be around 5D to 6F by now, just short of the docks, while Twi, Nyx and Reed are all somewhere around 10D to 11D. Devin was left standing somewhere in the middle of the main street, and Rayzen is on his way home (i.e. could be anywhere, just nowhere near anyone else at the moment.)
http://dreamkeepers.forums-free.com/download/file.php?id=184&mode=view
Mr Aerospace

Postby Wreckeronezero on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:57 am

@Twi: Oh, crap, okay, i'll edit it this afternoon to fit that in,my bad.

@Aero:Ah, i didnt know the location of the restaurant, i planned on Sov following Wraithe through the alley then getting lost and talking to Wraithe. Which could make an opening for other characters.
Wreckeronezero

Location: Washington D.C. Defending the WhiteHouse from Scrin forces alongside GDI forces.

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:34 am

I think there's a way to resolve Sov's disorientation/interuption issues without needing to redact much of Wrecker's posts at all! (Wrecker, trust me, there'll be plenty of opportunities later to have Sov bump into Wraithe.) Let me explain:
Sov is somewhat lost and confused, and thinks he's been following Wraithe (the red-head girl he had seen before) around. The apparent stalking, reaction, confusion and interuption of Twi's and Wraiith's conversation can be seen as a minor twist, if the person that Twi pointed out turns out to be Reed (which was the intention in the first place) and that girl Sov had been following turns out to be someone else! ;)
What do you all think?
Mr Aerospace

Postby Twilight on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:37 am

that just confused the hell outta me XD
Twilight

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:55 am

:lol: It is complex XD! Lets see if I can explain this one...from the beginning.

1) Sov began the story heading towards the docks.
2) Wraithe began the story at the docks, heading away.
3) Their paths intersected (during the first scene) somewhere in the middle.
4) Continuing on their original paths, they should now be heading away from each other.
5) Time skip ~ 1hr: (Rayzen goes home, Cal wakes up.)
6) Wraithe is continuing on her way. Presumedly, still away from the docks.
7) Sov (and metaphorically, Wrecker too) has gotten lost in the alleyways somewhere near the docks.
8) Sov (and Wrecker) think they've been following Wraithe. Due to 4) above, that is rather unlikely.
9) Sov thinks he's been berated by Wraithe, and it seems he interupts the Wraithe/Twi conversation.

Now Instead of editing stuff out of Wrecker's posts, we can instead juxtapose two similar scenes together. In the first scene Wraithe's "stalker" can be revealed to be Reed's character, whereas in the other scene, Sov's stalkee can be revealed to be a doppelganger of Wraithe. We all get the impression that Sov has been stalking Wraithe, whereas he is somewhere else completely, adding to the sensation of being lost and confused.

Does that make any more sense?
Mr Aerospace

Postby Twilight on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:20 am

Sorta. But why would Sov be following Wraithe for a whole hour? XD
Twilight

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:57 pm

:? Iunno? I can't explain everything, understanding illogical thought processes is not my specialty.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Mr Aerospace on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:15 am

Anybody else think its a good idea? I'd like more opinions before going ahead, and would especially like to hear yours Wrecker. I don't want to upset people by dragging characters away from where they want to be or take the plot where no one wants it to go.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Wreckeronezero on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:34 am

Sounds good to me, Sov was following wraith because i got confused on the location of the bakery, and planned on having Sov accidently stop paying attention to where he was going so he would have to ask Wraithe for directions. However, there has obviously been a mid-air collision of posts atm.
Wreckeronezero

Location: Washington D.C. Defending the WhiteHouse from Scrin forces alongside GDI forces.
---------

PreviousNext

Return to Headless room.