The Docks of Margate OOC

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

The Docks of Margate OOC

Postby Nyxira on Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:17 am

Just for randomness, side comments, etc. behind the scenes of The Docks of Margate rp.
Nyxira

Re: The Docks of Margate OOC

Postby Reed R Gale on Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:18 pm

Usually people recruit first, but whatever. How is this going to work then?
Reed R Gale

Postby Twilight on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:07 am

I think she just skipped past that point and opened the game to the public. We haven't tried that before, but at the moment we have no real reason to dismiss it.

If I were to guess, I'd say just burn up a character and jump right into the game. This thread is probably geared more toward discussions of what goes on in the game as well as character stuff in general, if people are interested in details and stuff.

I'm thinking about hopping on, I've just been preoccupied with other stuff lately.
Twilight

Postby Nyxira on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:29 am

Yeah, it's an open rp for DK characters. I find it to be more casual that way, and also anyone can join in. The story can go pretty much anywhere.

I realize most people use the recruiting method more, kind of like on sites like Gaiaonline, but to my mind everyone here has already been accepted and should know the rules, so there's no real need. (I've been more involved in Deviantart rp groups, so my methods are more akin to those.)
Nyxira

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Casual Rp? Sure. I'm in.
Devious_Psychopath

Postby Mr Aerospace on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:59 pm

I kinda missed an introduction here, but oh well...I'm in.

"Radio" Dave Gamble lived in my hometown. He was a well known homeless man who was really approachable and had a great personality, but sadly passed away in 2003*. He commanded a highly audible presence in the centre of town, but at the time I was far too young to understand homelessness and his situation properly and regretfully I shied away from him and never took the effort to get to know him any better.
Perhaps because of that complete disconnect with him (and reality in general), I was able to construct an image of a "Radio Dave" in my mind that was a total fantasy, an exaggerated caricature that had little in common with him other than the nickname. The character developing here is thus an homage to Dave Gamble, but a fantasy version made through the eyes and mind of someone with a rather skewed perspective.

*-
Mr Aerospace

Postby Twilight on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Avo, you're not actually the one I was following XD
Twilight

Postby Mr Aerospace on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:06 am

:oops: aHahaha, I honestly had no intention to force action. The weapon idea was going to be no more than a comedic crazy drunk man raging unsuccessfully on a streetlamp or something...so much for that.
Mr Aerospace

Postby Wreckeronezero on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:21 am

So I realise this is a casual RP and all, but did anyone have any ideas on a direction they wanted this RP to go?, or were we all sorta just gonna keep going like this until something interesting happens?, I dont mind either way, personally im just glad to finally be in an RP, but i was just wondering.
Wreckeronezero

Location: Washington D.C. Defending the WhiteHouse from Scrin forces alongside GDI forces.

Postby Reed R Gale on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Do they really need to? A casual RP, imo, should just go in whatever direction the whimsical players and gamemaster decide to go in the moment. It seems more fun that way.
Reed R Gale

---------

Next

Return to Headless room.