The Bus Stop in the Middle of Nowhere

Have something thoughtful and relevant to say? No? Then come post crap in here!

The Bus Stop in the Middle of Nowhere

Postby Reed R Gale on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:23 am

Time for me to take a stab at something more interactive...let's try it.

The Bus Stop in the Middle of Nowhere:

Chapter 1: Your Room

You wake up. Yesterday had been a perfectly normal day. Dull. Normal. Correct. But today already seems different...and you’re still in wrapped in sheets and jammies.

The blankets around you have that odd, chilly feeling that they seem to have when you crawl into bed in the winter. Usually, they get warmer as your body heat is integrated into them. Obviously, that’s how blankets work. But...then why are you so cold?

It’s morning. You know that it should be warm, sticky with sweat maybe, because it’s summer. The second day of summer, in fact. You have just been let out of school and have been looking forward to today for a long while.

You have a sinking feeling though; a feeling that tells you today will not be as you expected. In a bad way. Ever since you woke up, groggy and cold, you have kept your eyes clenched shut, afraid of some niggling feeling that opening your eyes would make things worse.

But you do it anyway, no one can sleep forever.

It’s a dark morning. No light seems to be seeping from the window. The chill you felt in the bed seems to permeate the whole room as you drag yourself out of bed. You thought the bed was cold but...it seems you were wrong. In your night clothes, standing up in your rather spacious room, you feel a chill run through your body.

You look around your room. Your family has always been well off, they made enough money to buy and maintain a three-story home. For some reason, they placed you on the top floor, despite your own wishes. You preferred the basement rooms, because that’s where you lived when you were at your old house. But that’s a thing of the past.

You stumble in the odd darkness to find the light switch, still perplexed at why the room is dark in the first place, seeing as on summer mornings, your window faces the sun. Normally, your face is greeted by an angry blast of light, making your shut eyelids red. You feel that you’d almost prefer that.

You find the light switch and flip it. Plenty of things are wrong, you conclude with a quick glance around the room. There is a COMPUTER on your DESK which is usually left on a cute anime background. Hey! Just because you’re a girl doesn’t mean you can’t like good art! Or good looking girls...but right now it’s black. Odd you could have sworn that you had left it on last night...

Your shelf is full of heavy BOOKS. Many on various sciences and math. Even some alchemy. You find their ideas on the ether fascinating, if blatantly wrong.

You turn to the WINDOW. It’s blacked out as if someone had smudged tar or ash or...something over it. That is the reason no light is flooding it, you think.

Finally you turn to your DOOR. Something feels wrong with it today, but you can’t put your finger on it...

Sitting back down on your BED, you ponder...what will you do? You glance at your CLOSET. Maybe you should get changed.

Instructions:

You can examine CAPPED items. Examining will give you descriptions and thoughts on the object. When you have access to multiple rooms, you can use the go command. You can only go to places that are adjacent to the room you are in.

Example: Go to Your Room.

You enter your room.

---------------------------

Some, you can pick up and put in your inventory. You can use items in your inventory on other items.

Example: Examine letter

Hello,

Son, I’m so, so proud of you. You’ve learned how to examine objects. This useful skill will aid you throughout life and help you solve hypothetical puzzles that you may encounter. Good luck.

Dad

You cry a bit inside, reading that message, for you haven’t seen your father in ten years.

When faced with a puzzle, you must post the answer and your reasoning and sometimes that will change how examining items works.

Example: Examining the closet will tell you what it looks like and that there are blue shirts, red shirts, green shirts, etc. Solving a puzzle tells you something about green, and hints at the closet. You’d post it like this:

Puzzle: Well the letter’s hint seems to suggest that I look for clothing with the same color as grass. The only place I store clothing is in my closet. I should check the green shirts next time I look there.

Examine closet

You search the green clothes and find the magical underwear of Roth. You win the game.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND the puzzle command alone doesn’t do ANYTHING. It just changes the thinking of the character. To do things, you have to use the commands use, examine, or go.

There will be multiple endings. There are Easter Eggs. There is a plot. Try to find everything. I’ll make this story, though, at my own pace. Games will save as chapters are completed. Good luck.

TIPS: Examine everything! Many things will change as things unlock. Be aware of this...reality is malleable...

To an extent, use logic. I am not beyond DEAD ENDing stupid choices. Please, try to avoid this. Unless you want snarky messages. If you like snarky messages, please, try stupid things.

Also, keep in mind in some cases, I’ll accept special commands that aren’t Examine, Use, or Puzzle. An example is typing into a computer, where the command would be Type (though in that case, Use would work as well). Just use some logic in cases like that.
Reed R Gale

Re: The Bus Stop in the Middle of Nowhere

Postby wildcard on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:46 am

I'm game.

Go to closet.
wildcard

Postby Reed R Gale on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:44 pm

You decide to walk into your closet and change your clothes. You change into a cute green sweater and blue jeans. No need to be too fashionable, it’s cold. Checking the pockets of your jeans, though...you find a MESSAGE. You don’t remember putting this in here...and you wore these jeans just yesterday!
Reed R Gale

Postby DanWithTheHat on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:39 pm

I was hoping you would revive something like this :D

Examine MESSAGE
DanWithTheHat

Postby Reed R Gale on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:41 pm

You look at the message you found in your pants pocket. It’s written in odd, crimson ink and the parchment looks unnaturally old. It says:

Welcome friend.

Do you know who I am? I wonder how well read you are on where you are? Do you have any idea? The Blood Wanders through the hallways here. The children cry when they arrive. And if they get to the end...curse your misfortune. Trust nothing. But then, should you trust me? Ehehe. If you do, I’d say, check page 666. I left a little hint for you there. Oh, and if it’s any relief to you, you’re not here for a normal reason. Be...safe? Ehehe.

your friend,
Luci

You don’t know a Luci.

You grab a backpack from the closet (your mom insisted on keeping them in there) and put the letter in there. Your mom was the one who made you paranoid enough to be ready for anything. You feel, while a backpack isn’t much it...can carry stuff.
Reed R Gale

Postby DanWithTheHat on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:56 pm

go to COMPUTER
DanWithTheHat

Postby Reed R Gale on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:57 pm

The computer blinks to life as you touch the mouse. It asks for a password. Your password is “FanGurl45.” What will you type?
Reed R Gale

Postby DanWithTheHat on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:13 pm

TYPE FANGURL45
DanWithTheHat

Postby Reed R Gale on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:14 pm

The computer, oddly, rejects the password. You try it again and again, but only end up making the computer restart itself from trying the password too much. You watch it whir back to life after 5 minutes of forced restart.
Reed R Gale

Postby DanWithTheHat on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Type FanGurl45
DanWithTheHat

---------

Next

Return to Spamduruna