Teleport

For miscellaneous speculation about the Dreamworld and dreamkeepers, you've come to the right place!

Re: Teleport

Postby ilvos01 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:03 pm

Well, this really depends if the halo is a side affect or an indicator. Specifically an indicator, I mean, it still "indicates" even as a side affect.

Essentially, Does (power) >cause> (halo) OR (halo) >cause> (power)?
ilvos01

Postby Graystripe77 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:07 pm

I would think that power causes halo.
Graystripe77

Postby Twilight on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Think of it this way, your intent to use your power has to come before you can actually use it. With that intent, the halo will manifest itself, even if both occurrences happen virtually simultaneously.

If you think of power as a limb, (an extension of the dreamkeeper, if you will), then, you can't lift your arm without first meaning to lift it. In that sense, you can't use your power without first meaning to use it. In that sense, you couldn't really teleport without first meaning to teleport, even if it's an instinctual reflex. In that short moment, the halo would manifest before teleportation takes place.

I think what the conversation has actually become is "how fast" do halos become visible.

Well, look at Volume 1, when Namah first uses her power. She lifts her hand, and in the next panel, she's not only playing emperor Palpatine, she ALSO has a halo already. That said, going back to what I brought up originally, you can either use or not use your power while your halo is on, but NOT the other way around.

Having a halo basically means "the car is on," but not necessarily have the engine running. While in this stage, you get light, air conditioning, radio (ie. heightened endurance and strength). But to be able to put it in drive and accelerate, you NEED the car to be on, which means making sure you've fully turned the ignition so the engine is running, 'cuz otherwise nothing would happen.

Essentially: Halo = intention of power = power on. Without that, the power wouldn't work.

To clarify, intention means the need/want the power to manifest. Seeing as Namah had no idea that would happen, it might seem shakey that she meant to use her power. But, she needed/wanted to do SOMETHING, she wanted something to happen so Lilith could be saved.

She didn't know it at the time, but she was effectively willing her power on.

For teleportation, the instant you decide (whether instinctually or consciously), "I'm going to teleport," the halo would come on, even if you only see it for a quarter of a second before and after the fact.
Twilight

Postby ilvos01 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:37 pm

And invisibility?
ilvos01

Postby Twilight on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:18 pm

Like... I just said, the halo needs to be there for any power to actually work. For camouflage powers, the halo itself will also become invisible or what have you, but it WILL need to be there.
Twilight

Postby Graystripe77 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:25 pm

but you can't FEEl the halo, right? So an invisible halo would be almost like no halo at all...
Graystripe77

Postby Twilight on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Once again, a halo can be on even if the power is not being used. IF the dreamkeeper is invisible, then sure, the halo won't technically be there. But if he's not invisible and still making use of the power mode, there WILL be a halo.... I'm not sure why you guys aren't getting this D8
Twilight

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:06 am

Twi, your patience is saintly.

I for one, follow what you're saying... perhaps me being a mechanic and you using a car analogy has something to do with that.

But this...

In summary, halo = not only power, but tougher body so you're still not as frail as you normally would be.

I had no idea about this. This is awesome, and exciting, and... well... certainly good to know.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Mr Aerospace on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:06 am

+2 for Twi's explanation and patience.

All power usage must follow this order:
1) Halo activates
2) Power activates
3) Power deactivates
4) Halo deactivates

A power can reduce the visibility of the user's halo, but it cannot remove the halo.
Mr Aerospace

---------

Previous

Return to General