Stuck in the Rocks

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Re: Stuck in the Rocks

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:26 am

CURRENT OBJECTIVE: Find the location of the Medical Facility OR find information about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-=GATE 4=-

More carts arrive carrying more people. One of them is Nimok. The toad was babbling some non-sense when cart was unlocked and opened, nearly blinding the toad.

The same wolf walks up to the new arrivals. "Listen up you pricks, You are here because of power usage. That means this place is your home." The guards under this she wolf hand out the jobs for everyone.

A guard walks to Nimok and states: "Looks like you get to help Rydlen pack around supplies, he is supposed to be at the storage area now unloading trucks. Go there immediately and the guards there will tell you the rest."
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Clast on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Hmm. That wolf wants me to go somewhere. That I'm fairly certain. Of course, where, I don't know. Can I remember? No, maybe I looked ahead by accident, and she hasn't said it yet. Maybe? What happened. I should probably ask.

Nimok squinted his eyes against the glaring light. They were too sensitive to be unaffected by the bright LED lamps that hung against the ceiling of the loading gate. He turned quickly, into the general area of the guard, his voice rasped, "Excuse me, but I appear to have missed what you said. If you could repeat-" He felt a sharp pain in his shoulder, and fell back. The guard leaned forward, looming over the small figure.

"Get moving runt, before I jam my Cattle-prod down your weedy throat. GET!" The wolf howled, and sent Nimok flying with another kick. Hunching over, the Toad hurried down the hallway blindly, muttering to himself.

Why couldn't I see it coming? I normally can...must be something wrong. Should be more careful. Who is this...Ry-dlen...must find out. Do I have any paper? I might as well write it down, I won't forget that way. Nasty wolf *****. Why'd she kick me? Where am I?

As if it was a gift from above, the lights became more distant, and dimmed, as Nimok neared the doorway to the supply rooms. He sighed a breath of relief, and opened his eyes, before moving on passed the doorway, flagged through by an armed guard.

Interesting. Many numbers of things could happen here. Most likely work, but still...
Mental note: I am hungry. When is food?
Clast

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:32 am

-=Storage Area=-
"Where the :!: is Rydlen at?" One of the guards in the area yells as Nimok arrives. The guard looks at him and realizes he's one of the new storage hands. "You there, Toad! See those crates, unload them off the trucks and into this storage area. Stack them like the others and do it quickly!"

The guard tells the other guard to watch the new recruit while he goes to retrieve Rydlen. He appears to be a golden retriever, of all species. Soon The retriever finds Rydlen adjusting his hat endlessly for the Nth time. "YOU!, Get your tail to the Storage area now and start unloading those damn trucks!"
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Clast on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:52 pm

Stack crates? What could go wrong. Absolutely nothing, I should think...yet that hasn't stopped anything before. Nothings happened yet. More crates.

Nimok continued to unload the numerous crates, struggling from their weight. His arms were long, but gangly and thin. In the distance he could here a guard shouting, another Canine. Soon, coming through the guard returned, followed by a white-furred Feline, unlike any he had seen before. The fur was so bright it stood out starkly in the half-light, making him difficult to look at from the reflected light, but that could have been Nimok's own eyes deceiving him. More importantly, the Feline wore a small cap upon his head, which he was incessantly fiddling with.

That must be Ry-dlen. When, or if, these guard leave, I must ask him when we will be fed.And why we are here. He may know, or he may not. Whatever he says, I must listen well and remember. Hopefully, I won't miss any of it.

Puffing from the weight of the crates, Nimok glanced to the Feline, "You must be the one I've been told to meet with, or maybe not. Are you Rydlen?" he whispered, trying not to attract the Guards a second time that day.
Clast

Postby MandyHabato on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Lily nodded, looking back down at the snow. She reached down as pulled back a chunk of snow, looking for those crystals. She started digging is small handfuls, pausing every few seconds to look through the snow. After a minute she asked,
"How big are these things? Are most as big as the ones you found?"

Daikisuke rolled his shoulders, returning his attention to Lily after his scrutiny of the area. There was no way out at least right now and not one he could see. He was still wary of this other one, Ivy, and he watched her as she came forward with those glowing things. For the moment, Daikisuke decided to just deal with her. Not to be mean, but not to be kind either. So, when she came forward he did nothing but give her a warning look that should have been clear.
'I will allow you to come close, but if you hurt her, there are dire consequences.'
MandyHabato

Postby Rydlen on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:24 pm

Rydlen continues to make his usual rounds around the mine. For once he's actually on time, or so he thinks. The guards haven't really been on his tail today, or maybe they're distracted by something else. Rumors had been circulating the area he was last in. Talks of a miner fainting in a familiar section of the mine has got him curious. On his break, he gets a guard's attention. "Excuse me sir," he says. "Do you know who fainted in the mines?"

The guard doesn't even bother to look at him when he speaks. "That is none of your concern, now bring that back to the Storage area." gesturing to the stuff he's hauling.

Rydlen just sticks his tongue out at him and gets to moving. "Maybe another miner will know..." he thinks. In the mean time, he's back to the storage area where he hits that just too low ceiling support and knocks his hat off. Again. "Every time I come through here.. I swear, I'll never remember that's there." he says as he puts his hat back on.

"YOU! Get your tail to the Storage area now and start unloading those d*** trucks!" yells the guard.

Startled by the sudden yelling at his face, Rydlen jumps to salute the guard. "Ah ah Yes Sir! Whatever you say Sir!" He quickly gets over to help the new man with the unloading and stacking of the Crates. "Meet with who, what? I don't know 'bout meetings," he says in a light whisper, "but yup. I'm Rydlen. Do you know anything about the person who fainted in the Mines? Wait, your face is new. Did you just get here?"
Rydlen

Postby Clast on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:24 pm

"Well, that nasty Wolf at the drop-off told me to work with a Rydlen, so here I am," Nimok whispered back as he carried another crate, dropping it with a sigh. "I've no more idea about the situation than you, it seems. Fainting workers? I imagine its from the poor conditions. I know I'm freezing. This ratty cloak does little to keep out the chill." Nimok walked back for another crate, lifted it, and extended his long tongue as if to shake hands. He withdrew it at the Feline's look of disgust.

"Look, I don't have a tail, or a third arm, alright? Names Nimok. Pleasure to meet you. Incidentally, do you know when we get fed? I'm famished." Nimok flashed him a grin and then continued to work.

Well, he seems like good company. Its nice to know I'm not alone in my confusion. Hmmph. Still hungry. And wait, why does he have that collar on...oh my, I have one as well. Why didn't I notice it? It's not very uncomfortable, just...there. Interesting.
Damn, there are a lot of crates. Are we the only two working? I don't see any others.
Clast

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:10 am

CURRENT OBJECTIVE: Find out the location of the medical Area OR more information about it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-=IN the Furnace=-

Harrison and a few others are in the lowest part of the Power Processing area. This is part of the facility that provides power for the camp and is constantly running 24 hours a day. The crew in this area are in constant monitor of the Furnace and load up crystals gathered from the snow outside. Carts that look similar to Mine Carts send in the batches of gathered crystals.

Harrison has been here for almost 9 months. The work really isn't hard but with little to no sleep it makes it more taxing. Harrison looks at the lone guard down here, Guess they figure not much can go wrong down here.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby tsukos on Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:45 pm

***this post went in the wrong RP due to lack of sleep***
Last edited by tsukos on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
tsukos

Postby Calico Yorki on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:15 pm

Spitting on the rocks, Harrison balefully watched as his saliva evaporated in little more than an instant.

Getting back to work - Hauling crystals over to the furnace - He never once ceased his incensed grumbling. "...Utter bull****...Didn't do nothin' to nobody...Been here for Spirits-know how long..." Growling, he used the discarded jacket of his tracksuit to towel sweat off his brow.

Immediately afterwards, Harrison returned to his whining. "...Gugh. My back hurts." While he wasn't paying attention, the short, wiry dreamkeeper knocked himself in the ribs on the narrow edge of the carrying-pan. "Rrrgh!! Now my front hurts!!" Stomping savagely on the ground, Harrison seethed to himself.

Stay calm...Stay calm...Don't let your Power activate...Even if there's a chance you could blow these damned gloves to smithereens and kill that guard - "No, no, no." Forcing himself to calm down with a shakey sigh, Harrison went back to work.

For a time, he managed to find himself growing calm with the focus it took to keep from hurting himself while pitching the crystals into the furnace's inferno. Upon realizing this, he became even angrier than when he started.

"No way am I gonna become content in this hellhole." Running his tongue over his long fang, Harrison forced down his broiling rage.

If he attacked now, he'd either be beaten again or killed. That wouldn't do.

So, he resolved to let his anger out by deliberately and forcefully pitching the crystals into the furnace.

They picked up such speed that he could hear them clang against something inside.

He'd be free somehow or another.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People
---------

PreviousNext

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...