Stranded...

A sparkling fantasy world is here. Rev up your imagination, and get ready to be a part of the story!

Stranded...

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:36 pm

CAW
You open your eyes and spy a sea bird pecking at the ground around some wreckage.

Wreckage...

THE PLANE!

You bolt upright and look around, scaring the bird off. You see a few others who survived too. Seems almost everyone survived. Someone obvious is missing though... Where's the pilot?

You take stock of your surrondings.

It is a small island, covered mostly in grass and surrounded by rocky shores. There is little vegetation and no cover from the sun. It appears to be oddly round in shape and you can spy a small pond.

A building in front of the pond catches your eye. It is a very slipshod-looking, box of a hut. It seems to be made entirely of large rocks.
A reinforced metal door hangs open from the front. It looks rather out of place.

You look at the others. Perhaps it's time to discuss plans for survival
Devious_Psychopath

Re: Stranded...

Postby RedFox on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Apollo spit out a glob of sand from his maw and coughed loudly as he pushed himself to his feet. His vision was blurry and he ears were ringing. Disoriented, he quickly sat up and looked at him limbs; nothing was broken. A few bruises, but he'd live, he got stupidly lucky.

Blinking his eyes repeatedly, Apollo slowly watched the burning husk of the plane come into clear view. He spat out a profanity and took a moment to gain his bearings. A pond...and a suspicious stone shack with a metal door. The sun burned strong overhead and Apollo unbuttoned his suit jacket. Of all the days to wear dress clothes...

He held his still-aching head and glanced at the other survivors, all in the same state of 'oh god what happened.'

"Hey," The Genet barked "Everyone alive...regroup in the shade!" He commanded, gesturing to and sauntering toward a section of wreckage that had cast a considerable shadow.
RedFox

Postby Reed R Gale on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:52 am

My aching neck.

Aim had landed in a bad position. Terrible even. Landed in the water at high speed hitting with his back then the whiplash had harmed his neck. He was in terrible pain.

But he was also the first up, spitting out sea-water all the way. It wasn't for a few minutes that he was able to look around and get his bearings. And by then everyone was up and about. The survivors anyway.

But he didn't even have time for that because he heard from someone else call, "Hey! Everyone alive...regroup in the shade!"

So, that's what he did. He wasn't thinking straight yet, and any order was an opening to not think. God his head hurt.
Reed R Gale

Postby Oseirus on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:56 am

In terms of first coherent thoughts following an event like the one they had all just been through, it was one of the better ones:

"They're going to blame me for this, aren't they?"

For several minutes Oseirus lay in the mud, pondering if he should just continue to play dead until everyone else had time to remember they had other problems beyond being stranded on a foreign, uncharted continent. Eventually though he abandoned this notion in favor of standing up, noting a small flame that was creeping towards him.

At first, getting up seemed like a good idea. It let him get a loose bearing on where in the world he was and even sneak in a quick glance around for other survivors. He had just counted two groaning lumps when the pain decided it was a fantastic time to introduce itself. Os immediately keeled over, holding his gut as his chest screamed in protest at him. His right knee also commanded his attention. He wasn't a doctor, but he was fairly certain he would have almost preferred dying.

From a short distance away, Os heard someone shouting. Something about regrouping. That sounded like a solid first step toward survival. Slowly, achingly, the bluish lizard dragged himself into the shade beside the shouting man, where he promptly stumbled and propped up against a twisted bulkhead.

"Hi. I'm totally not the aircraft's mechanic and definitely not newly expendable. Please don't eat me."
Oseirus

Postby Terminal on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:21 pm

Cyprus woke up on the sand, and decided that for the moment, just laying here would be the best idea, the greatest idea in fact. After laying there for a good while he heard someone shout out to the survivors to go somewhere into the shade. it was compelling, but he really would rather not move. But when a piece of flaming chair from the plan fell not to far from him, he thought that moving over to the shade sounded like a great idea, fantastic even! grumbling, Cyprus rolled himself over onto his stomach and heaved himself up onto his feet.

"I'll have you know I was comfy back there..."

Cyprus muttered as he finally got to the shaded area and promptly sat back down. Should probably start trying to think coherently and figure out stuff...or he could just sit here for now. option 2 was looking rather good at the moment.

"i think i have sand in my ears."

He flicked his ears back and forth to try and dislodge some and tilted his head to one side, and then the other, smacking the other side trying to force any left in there out.
Terminal

Postby boomboy on Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:13 pm

A terrible, terrible headache forced him out of his blissful rest. His shock ridden limbs refused to co-operate with the electrical impulses sent by his racing mind. Tired, hazy eyes opened to a rather unpleasant sight. Their plane, now a heap of twisted metal, lay on the ground with its key features missing. Sitting upright, a steady, reedy ringing filled the depths of his ears. His vision distorted and blurry beyond anything comprehendible.
A sharp pain hit his gut, forcing him to lean to one side in utter agony as thick, crimson red blood spluttered out of his maw. Wiping his snout, he looked at the blood staining his uniform and shook his head in disgust.

Whomever was involved in the making of this ’airplane’ was going to die.

Feeling around, he grabbed his trust sniper rifle, using it as a makeshift walking stick to try and right himself. With blood still drooling from the sides of his snout, he warily looked around, trying to get his bearings of where he was. What the hell happened anyway? His head was in too much of a sorry state to think straight at the current time.

Wait, what was everyone rushing off to? In fact, where? What the hell was happening? Agh, what he wouldn't do for either a good cup of coffee right now. Though before he knew it, he had already motioned himself towards the group. The ringing in his ears dissipated a little, enough to hear the nervous comment spoken by the 'mechanic.' An indescribable rage built up in his system almost immediately, before anyone could even blink, he already forced this pathetic excuse for a mechanic against the tree behind him. With a knife ready to slice the poor chaps throat in two, his bloody teeth snarled at the man, a low growl emitting from the bowels of his throat, and a stare that could kill a man from fear alone.
"You stupid son of a *****," hissed the wolf, shaking his head in disgust, "you nearly killed us all. Give me one bloody good reason why I shouldn't end you right here, right now."
boomboy

Postby Oseirus on Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:33 pm

Oseirus' left eyebrow threatened to leap off of his forehead at the sight of the large canine fellow in front of him. The knife at his neck made the right eyebrow try to follow.

"Alright, first, I have to compliment your fantastic people skills. Second, this wasn't my fault. It blew up while we were flying, blame the pilot." Os leaked out a nervous grin, trying his best to look calm and collected. "Besides, not like I designed the thing. All I got was a month-long crash course on what was OK to tape up and what needed super glue, courtesy of our government sponsors."

The spines on the back of his head quivered slightly as an uncomfortable silence settled between the two.
Oseirus

Postby Terminal on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Cyprus finished smacking th sand out of his ears and turned to watch the cray military guy force the mechanic up against a tree and almost cut the poor lads throat. This definately got his brain sobered up.

"Hey now, i like blood and death and violence just as much as the next guy...but lets just keep calm and think things over before killing each other okay?"

He shook his head, crash on an island and already people are at each others necks. One hell of a way to start of this vacation. heh...vacation. might as well make the best of this place right?

"So uh, lets drop the knife and figure out whats going on."
Terminal

Postby Clast on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Clegg was, by no means, weak. He had taken hits, in the past, both to his body and his mind. But, if James Rios Cleggs was anything, years of hard living and drinking told him it wasn't weakness. Perhaps that doesn't make sense, but it did to him. However, waking from a nightmare of falling from the sky, thoughts of terror and death do not seem out of place, or any sign of weakness.

His thoughts reeled, his eyesight was disoriented, but he was alive. However that happened. Clegg pulled his muzzle out of the soft mud, patches of course sand sticking to his scruffy fur. Here and there, cuts and tears bleed slowly, and sluggishly, mixing crimson blood with briny waters. He stretched every limb, looking for injury, before even lurching to his knees.

The knees and ankles were bruised, perhaps wrenched, but fine. He felt no pain from any broken bones, and his head was clearing. That suggested he did not have a concussion. Torso felt fine, neck was undamaged, and...AGH! Pain bit into Clegg's arm as salt water flowed into a gaping cut, along his forearm. A short shard of glass, slightly blood-stained, lay nearby. Amidst grunts of pain, he managed to inspect the wound. It wasn't too deep, but it was long, and bloody. He tore a strip off the remains of his shirt sleeve and pressed them onto the cut. Perhaps, if he ever got the chance, he could clean it out. For the time being, he would have to make do with the salt-water soaked cloth.

With his thoughts cleared, and the source of his pain detected, he stumbled to his feet. He could see the rest of the crew shuffling towards the shade of a small hut. When he had reached the pool, he knelt before it, cautious of the quality of the water. "Is it safe to drink?" he wondered to himself, unsure of what to do. Before he could do anything else, he heard an outburst from some soldier. Glancing behind him, Clegg managed to smirk, despite the situation. His natural cynicism took over.

"And here I thought they taught people more discipline and self-control in the military than that," He climbed to his feet, addressing the wolf straight on, "What's it going to be, soldier-boy? Are you really gonna crown yourself Lord of the Flies this early?"
Clast

Postby Devious_Psychopath on Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:16 pm

scrcch
scrcch...

It came from within the remains of the aircraft.
Devious_Psychopath

---------

Next

Return to IC - DreamWorld Adventures...