So I finally had a dream about DK...

For miscellaneous speculation about the Dreamworld and dreamkeepers, you've come to the right place!

So I finally had a dream about DK...

Postby Hazzardous on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:45 pm

...It all starts at a beach event that is taking place on the Margate beach shores. Not the same beach where Mace and the orphans live, but somewhere further south near the district of Kojiki. Prehaps a good 100+ people are at this event. As I walk around, I take in what I am seeing; beach beauty furs lying on beach towels trying to get a tan; rows of tables with beach patrons talking amongst themselves with some holding soda fermentae in their hands; children building sand castles, with some of them trying to recreate the towering pillar that is Sabbton; beach volley ball being played; etc.

Overall, it’s a typical beach event. But one thing does seem out of place though I noticed…well, actually two. First, I seem to notice this moving wooden crate with a long thin tail sticking out from one of the openings that is slinking around the beach, occasionally bumping into things…and second…no one is in the ocean. Before I can consider that and the box, I notice a crowd gathering a ways up, surrounding some fellow on a soap box is speaking to them. I can’t hear what he is saying so I move closer. Now close enough to hear him, I only catch the last bits. What I did catch was that the beach event was offering 10,000 lucre to anyone who could swim out to “Margate’s Toe” and swim back to the beach. The crowd seems to cheer at this large sum of money and some of the surfers are gearing up to attempt this. But someone in the crowd speaks up and shouts “But what about the Black Fin of Death?”

No sooner had that person said that, the crowd goes dead quiet for a good while, even the music seems to just stop. As the errie silence stalks in, the guy on the crate is trying to come up with a response to that, but can’t. We all look around at each other and I finally remembered why no one was in the ocean…something had been spotted out in the waters around Margate recently. No one knew what it was, as the only thing that was seen of it was a black fin…where the ‘death’ part came in was unclear, as no one was reported missing because of it. It was only because it was a big fin that spooked people…if the fin was big, how big was the thing attached to it?

From here, my perspective changes, and I now see the entire crowd silent, with only the sound of the waves crashing against the beach as the scene fades to black…

At first, I think this is the end of the dream, but the fade recedes and time has passed…it is now night. The perspective is the same, with me overlooking the beach. But now some flashlights are darting back and forth along the beach. Here, my perspective goes back to first person and I find myself wearing a flashlight attached to the side of my head, with a trash bag in one hand and wearing gloves. I’m still in my beach attire though. I must have volunteered to help clean up the beach after the event was over…or cancelled due to the Black Fin. As I pick up dropped bottles of soda fermentae, I aim my head lamp over to a wooden crate, the same wooden crate I saw with a long thin tail sticking out of it. As I approach it, I can hear muffled voices coming from it. I could feel one of my eyelids lifting, no doubt in question of this. I tap on the box, and the box lifts itself up, revealing the dynamic duo that is Mace and Whip!

Both of them strike a pose with Mace shouting something clever (sadly, I don’t remember what he said). A gust of wind blows around us as I stand there staring at these goofballs making beach poses and wearing beach attire that they probably . After another 10 seconds of beach poses, it soon dawns on them that it is night and both of them have puzzled looks on their faces. Why they waited this long to explode out of their box is beyond me…if they were going for a fashionably late entrance, the certainly got the late part right…but certainly not the fashion. I assume they just fell asleep waiting for the right moment.

“Where’s the event?” Mace asks his friend Whip before his eyes lock onto me.

“It’s over kids” I respond, trying to ignore Mace’s ‘seashell biniki’ “it ended hours ago…”

Both are crest fallen as they both slump over in anime fashion. But Whip perks his ears up and looks over to the ocean and begins to shout babbling nonsense while pointing to the ocean. Mace looks in the direction and his ears perk up as well and a smile appears on his face.

“Dips on the floatie!” he shouts as he and Whip dash towards the ocean.

“What floatie?” I asked, as I turn to face the ocean.

Soon as I did that, I could feel the color drain from me, as I dropped my trash bag as I saw the floatie…or rather, the “Black Fin of Death” that Mace and Whip though was the floatie. I snapped back to my senses and began to run after the two, taking off my head lamp and gloves, while shouting for them to stop…as they reach the water and jump in, the dream ends, leaving me to wander what became of the three of us…

I honestly cannot say why I had this dream. I consider myself a fan of DK, but not so much a fan ‘fan’. I don’t even drop by the forums everyday and when I do, it’s just for a few topics and then I’m gone again. But now that I think about, I think I know why I had this dream…it’s because of the commissions.
As Dave and Liz have stated, commissions have resumed (for the time being) but after a certain period of time, they will be closed potentially forever. While I never have, and never will believe dreams predict the future, I do believe dreams are affected by things we either dwell on or are deeply thinking about. And recently, the thing I’ve been dwelling on lately is the commissions and how I might never get a chance to have a commission done by Dave and Liz. This dream, while not directly related to the commissions, was probably affected by my thoughts on the commissions and Dave’s ominious warning of it being closed for good. I kind of makes me what to reserve a slot while I still can…
…at least, I feel that’s what the dream was trying to tell me…you guys have any thoughts on this? Or maybe on the dream itself?
Hazzardous

Re: So I finally had a dream about DK...

Postby Oseirus on Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:22 pm

Well I will say I'm impressed you remember that dream that vividly.

I'm also slightly jealous, my dreams are always six kinds of f@#$ed up.I don't ever get to dream about anything cool... although there was that one time I fought a three-headed dragon in an old west saloon, and everything was black and white except for the dragon's fire.

Anyway. I don't claim to be a "dream analyst" or anything (despite my habit of ranting about everything ever), but I do have a slight theory. If you're guessing that the commissions in some way "inspired" this dream, then that's probably the case.

You are the crowd, all these different voices who are uncertain about dealing with this "black fin of death", which represents the unknown of whether you'll ever have a chance to get a commission again. No one knows if this is for sure the case, but it's most likely not going to be a good outcome. That 10,000 lucre prize is the commission itself. Do you want to risk dealing with the unknown for a fabulous outcome? Or do you just stay safe on the shore and hope for the best?

As for Mace and Whip... well, I dunno. They could just be something your brain comes up with to tie it all into DK, but on the other hand they could be those guiding voices that you follow into the ocean, regardless of risk or outcome.

It seems a bit of an over-reaction, but your mind has a tendency to do that. Your dreams are an amplification, if you will, about things you think and feel, even if you don't think or feel them consciously.

Well, there I go again. Ranting off like some guy who thinks he knows something. If anything I said makes sense, let me know. :P
Oseirus

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:56 am

Hazzardous wrote:I take in what I am seeing; beach beauty furs lying on beach towels trying to get a tan;

Now ... not to be mean but even in the world of furries unless they are of some non-fured variety, that's impossible >>

More seriously this was an interesting dream to read. onto symbolisim Mace and Whip arriving 'late' to the party means you feel your going to miss out on getting a commission.

The crowd of people is the number of people getting commissions already.

As for the Fin of Death, could be your doubts and fears, as it seems Mace and Whip are giving you one final chance to get the goal you seek >>.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Hazzardous on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:20 am

@Oseirus: Interesting analysis...I never even considered that. I knew my dream was sparked by the commissions, but never thought to see the symbolism in it...

@Hakuzo: Well you know, can't fault my dream for that incorrect :roll:
Hazzardous

Postby Pascal on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:19 am

This is really old but... Did you see any of the glowing moons of Anduruna? What did they look like? I'm curious because a glowing moon-sun thingy was the closest I ever got really to Anduruna outside of some really blurry visions of falling past Sabaton towers. I haven't tried going lucid for a while (I should get back in the habit of that) but getting to Anduruna just for the fun of it was a personal goal of mine. It was one that I sadly was unable to accomplish.

Maybe now that I have a clear vision of my 'sona it might be a tad bit easier :D.
Pascal

Postby Hazzardous on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:31 pm

I do remember the moon being there in the dream; was the same color as our moon. Strangely, I didn't actually see it per se, it was just the light reflection on the beach and ocean...
Hazzardous

Postby Kailash on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Heh, been a while since I remembered any dreams. Used to be able to dream lucid and whatnot, and always remember 'em, but that's half a year back orso. Probably gonna try and get back into that as well. As for the dream, I beleive Oseirus is correct, or at least, closest. Interesting dream though :P
Kailash

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:53 pm

I wouldn't comment here, save for the fact I'm posting something to force myself to remember whatever weirdness that I dreamt last night. I definitely didn't sleep well, and kept waking up... we had a window open because the room gets really hot, but the temp outside dropped below 30 and the wind started up like crazy... so maybe that had something to do with it.

I do distinctly remember that it involved a really awesome knife fight, that ended really... weird.

I'm not going to bother going into it, as this is more about Hazz's thread.

But I can vouch for him in the simple regard that, yeah, more than once I've had an incredibly vivid dream I remember. Though it's incredibly rare.
Chemical Cutthroat

---------

Return to General