Skyrim Support Group

Have something thoughtful and relevant to say? No? Then come post crap in here!

Re: Skyrim Support Group

Postby Kailash on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:11 am

Punching dragons, a unsafe, but satisfying new past-time, 18y and older only.

Sidenote, I love shooting a guy in the head, and after a minute of just walking around a piller, keeping him on the other side so he can't see me, he just gives up and says:"I must have imagined it"....THERE'S STILL AND ARROW IN YOUR HEAD..>_>
Lovely.
Kailash

Postby Halo's shadow on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:29 pm

I must admit, I am addicted too! I spent about 300k in gold trying to raise my smithing to 100. Hoooollllyyyy crap, then I realized that AFTER I had spent all the perks on the light armor side of the smithing level, that you had to spend all the perks on the HEAVY side to get the really good daedric stuff. Wonderful, I was Iike 30 at that time.

As for quests? I joined the imperials (long live Rome motha******!) and I am just now doing the main quest. I also shouted one of the greybeards off of the mountain. That was entertaining.

Also, the MOST unlucky town I have been to yet has got to be winterhold. On three sperate occasions I fast traveled there, and they were under attack by our big scaly friends. On one occasion there were two dragons. The basically murdered, everybody. The college is now almost empty, and the town is like a ghost town.

An yes, i am a sneaky Kajit archer who's name is Mr.Fluffy.
Halo's shadow

Postby Kailash on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Hehe, I've tried joining the stormcloaks, only having forgotten I've slain every single one of them I've encountered so far. Lets just say, NEVER port to windhelm once you've sided with them romans. Trust me, they weren't exactly welcoming >_>

Ps. If you have slain a dragon, and it's corpse is still around, I hand you know a piece of information that leads to the best past-time ever. Dragon corpse bowling. Want to know how? Tip: try ressurecting it with a raise zombie spell. Hehehehheheheheheh.
Kailash

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:57 pm

Yeah, the smithing thing really pissed me off. I figured that the Smithing Tree was cyclical... so I could go the Light Tree, go to Dragon Armor, then keep going to Daedric so I could get the best weapons.

Truthfully, as much as I like the Daedric stuff, I find it's a little too over-the-top for me. The Ebony Armor is the perfect balance of elegance and badass. The weapons... well... I like the axes, and they certainly have the best maces. But the ebony swords are just straight-up dumb. I want a cross-guard on my bladed weapons... I LIKE my fingers thankyouverymuch. The Ebony Swords and Daggers just look like they're trying to be too alien and exotic, whereas the armor just looks perfect.

I do like the Orcish stuff... it looks MEAN. The armor is cool, has a sort of Samurai vibe to it... but dual weilding Orcish Axes is just BA.

I would certainly like them to expand the weapons out from the typical stuff. Throw in some polearms... spears, halbreds, etc... bring back Unarmed, because lacking unarmed makes me cry. What other sorts of weaponry are we leaving out?
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Kailash on Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:30 pm

There's actually a spear/polearm weaponry mod, somewhere on
And ****, yeah i had that too, thought i could do light armour, and then from dragon, move back down into daedric. It was quite a dissapointment >_> Mastered the toughest kind of blacksmithing, but can't even attempt to learn an easier type? oh well. Shouting people around is satisfying enough to make up for taht lack :D
Kailash

Postby tsukos on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:02 pm

So far I have two characters: An all-magic Kajhit which has no real specialization in spell schools, though I'm so far loving the Conjuration school more than the Destruction school. Seriously, Destruction is a tad bit disappointing where Conjuration has gotten a serious improvement from Oblivion. My favorite weapons at the moment for this character are double Bound Swords, and as long as I'm there, why not summon the odd atronach or raise the occasional undead? :P

Need more Alteration skill though... I somehow ended up with a spell called Transmute, which is fairly awesome at the moment since I haven't found a way to turn raw ores into ingots yet. But I need the Mage Armor perk to survive Skyrim without armor ><

My other character is an archer/stealthy Argonian who also dabbles in Conjuration, smithing, and enchantment. Also is a Werewolf now. Conjuration is really a great set of magic to dabble in if you want to go mostly nonmagic but also make your own enchantments... it has Soul Trap, which is more or less essential to enchanting, Bound Weapons, which are good, and it also has a perk which makes Bound Weapons automatically Soul Trap enemies. I had him learn Soul Trap then got that perk and now I'm wondering why I ever had him learn Soul Trap ><

I'm planning on starting a third character who will follow a Paladin archetype, heavy armor, two-handed weapons, Restoration magic... problem is what race should I choose? I initially thought Nord, but I'm going to go Imperial for that playthrough and well, a Nord not fighting for the Freedom of Skyrim?! So I'm wondering now... should I go Orc, Redguard, or Imperial for that character?
tsukos

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Paladin? Why not go Breton? They shrug off magic, and fit the Paladin role much better than redguard or Orcs... Orcs don't strike me as the Paladin type.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Kailash on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:51 pm

Tip: use barkskin or stoneskin, or whatever they're called. Raises your defence, and trains alteration I believe.
Kailash

Postby Oseirus on Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:36 am

I've done a horrible thing...
arrow.JPG

My cousin got the game for Christmas and decided to show off his character. I just couldn't resist talking a little smack.

I... I'm sorry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Oseirus

Postby Kailash on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:46 am

Ahahha ****, funny :P

Overpowered sneak archers are Op. Was walking around in full orchish stuff after some effort, and just outta nowhere I got blam'd by some silly bandit archer. wtf >_>
Kailash

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Spamduruna