Skyrim Support Group

Have something thoughtful and relevant to say? No? Then come post crap in here!

Re: Skyrim Support Group

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:15 pm

I dunno, I guess I’m just not as critical for some reason or another. The main quest is something I’ve barely touched… I haven’t even made it to Alduin’s wall yet.

I have dealt with some obnoxiously gamebreaking glitches though. But for the most part, I don’t really care. Markath is the worst for me… the guards are pissed and since I did the ‘Go to Jail’ questline already, when I try to give myself up the game goes into an infinite loop conversation… so my only option is to resist arrest with thirty guards chasing me.

They run pretty fast for all the arrows they took to their knees.

…I added a couple more.

That’s okay though, I don’t like their damn city anyway. And I did the only cool quest in the entire place.

I gotta say, if you want to see some of the better questlines, go hunting for the Daedric quests. They’re pretty intense, and some are just a lot of fun.

As for the immersion… I don’t know. That’s a little sad for me to see, as I’ve been really enjoying the game. I’m very much a wanderer, and I’m never disappointed as I go from place to place, exploring every nook and cranny. I love that when I hit someone with an arrow, I can see where I hit them afterwards. It’s always a small, personal reward to go up to that vampire I just sniped and see the arrow jutting from it’s eye socket. Or that orc that was charging me and I let off a quick snap-shot and catch him right in his yelling gob.

They may call me Dragonborn, but to me I’m just Rikko, Argonian adventurer who couldn’t care less about the bull**** politics of the region. I’m there to make money, find interesting and exciting things, and help out people that I happen to like… and brutally murder those that I don’t. Piss me off and I’m going to slit your throat with my dagger of Soul Trap and use your soul to enchant a worthless ring, which I will name after you, and sit it on my mantle in Solitude. Do. Not. Piss. Me. Off.

Otherwise, Rikko’s a really nice lizard.

Truthfully, most of the characters you can’t insta-kill I haven’t really bothered with. The only things I want to Fus Ro Dah are the annoying little snots in Whiterun and Riverwood. Disrespectful little parasites need to learn their place.

I’m guess it’s because I’m trying to carve my own little slice out of Skyrim… not rule it. I mean, I already run every guild in the place… though I only really feel a connection to the Dark Brotherhood… and I don’t even like those guys. The quest-line was fun though, so I’ll avoid the spoilers for that… ya’ll should really give it a try, even if you’re not trying to be ‘evil’.

I feel more capable in Skyrim than I did in Fallout. And don’t get me wrong, I LOVE the Fallout series. Can’t get enough of it. And part of that game-state is the problems with constantly scraping together ammo and caps and… everything. I’m aware that the combat is a little… repetitive, but I feel that if you’re speccing for combat, you’ll have some more options available to you. Being able to do different power attacks and shield maneuvers does add a little bit of flavor, but this isn’t exactly street-fighter. And trying out different weapons adds different little flourishes and things, so that’s nice. I particularly like the critical kills, though some look better than others. I like to engage in Fisticuffs with my Khajiit, (named Cee’ay-tee), and the critical hits when unarmed are awesome.

I crunched a bandit right in the face, then choke-slammed him. Instantly rewarding.

So… I dunno. I am disheartened Twi isn’t enjoying the game as much as I am, but I’m definitely going to boot it up when I get home to see what my next adventure is going to be.
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Hazzardous on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:11 pm

Oh and btw Twi, this was my favorite part of your 'rant':

"FUS DO RAH!!! ***** I AM DRAGON BORN! Now listen up! Here's MY terms of the truce. You two agree to stop fighting, and I don't f*cking murder you both right now" It seemed like a sensitive strategy, I could end the war AND I could proceed with my life. I'm sorry I have more creativity than you, game.

lol :D
Hazzardous

Postby Hazzardous on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:12 pm

Oh and guys? Make sure you don't bother the

No worries for me though...I learned to not bother chickens since Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past =D
Hazzardous

Postby Oseirus on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:41 am

Hazzardous wrote:Oh and guys? Make sure you don't bother the

No worries for me though...I learned to not bother chickens since Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past =D

It's almost worse in Skyrim. I punched a chicken, didn't even kill it, and the entire town of Riverwood went BERSERK. Some old lady whipped out a dagger and charged me from the other side of town, I didn't even know what in the world happened until after I died. Which was quickly.
Oseirus

Postby Hazzardous on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:10 am

Oseirus wrote:
Hazzardous wrote:Oh and guys? Make sure you don't bother the

It's almost worse in Skyrim. I punched a chicken, didn't even kill it, and the entire town of Riverwood went BERSERK. Some old lady whipped out a dagger and charged me from the other side of town, I didn't even know what in the world happened until after I died. Which was quickly.

Boy that Skyrim Neighborhood Watch is REALLY cracking down :roll: lol
Hazzardous

Postby Oseirus on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:29 am

Hazzardous wrote:Boy that Skyrim Neighborhood Watch is REALLY cracking down :roll: lol

Right? Never mind the RAMPANT pickpocketing, murdering, and looting (in that order) that seems to mysteriously happen to everyone I walk by... Gotta save dem' chick'nz!
Oseirus

Postby tsukos on Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:11 am

Hello, my name is Tsukos, and I am addicted to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

*waits politely for the canned reponse*
tsukos

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:24 am

Toss the canned response, the better response is... "What'd you roll?"
Chemical Cutthroat

Postby Kailash on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:48 am

Ahaha sweet. Been a fan of skyrim ever since I got it, it's a great game. already finished the game on a normal char, but then i got 1 mod, val's melting or something along those lines. lets you smelt down ALOT of stuff into mats, and craft with those. chars I'm playing with now are one with a full orcish set, and 2h orcish sword, all upped. otehr one is going about in upped elven aromr (my god quicksilver ore is a pain in the ***) going overly stealth with archery, its ALOT of fun. seriously, as a pt, i recommend trying a character focused on sneak, light armor, and archery. it's lovely :D
Kailash

Postby Chemical Cutthroat on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:01 am

Yeah, my first character has been a stealth-melee-archer. Stealth Maxed first, then Archery. One-Handed isn't Maxed yet, but it doesn't matter... since I can one-shot pretty much anything that I sneak up on with a dagger.

Playing with friends along with the, "Every time you get a kill-animation, take a drink"... yeeeah, that's really bad on a stealth character.

My second character is a Khajiit, heavy armor, no magic... and that's a lot of fun. Shield bashing is a little broken. As you can get in a dragon's face and just wail on him... and there's nothing he can do about it. I finally got a full set of Ebony Armor... and then got the Ebony Mail... which is awesome. Special item from one of the Daedric Quest-lines... I think for Boethia.

I also punched a dragon to death. Mano-y-Draco. That was awesome.
Chemical Cutthroat

---------

PreviousNext

Return to Spamduruna