Scinter!

Have a favorite character in the series? Any that remind you of a real person you know? Talk about the ones you like, the ones you hate, and see what others think.

Re: Scinter!

Postby Aerials on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:59 pm

Scinter is awesome. He looks cool, he fights like a demon from what we've seen so far, and he's completely ruthless. Also, he needed one of the Indigos to point out a throwing knife sticking out of his knee as he was patching himself up...

Then there's this:

Well, need I say more? ;)
Aerials

Postby Twist on Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:10 pm

He reminds me of him:

Snipin's a gewd job, mate.
Twist

Postby Aerials on Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:52 pm

*Smashes his forehead into the Big Red Summon Fore Button repeatedly*
Aerials

Postby Adolf_Fockes on Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:54 pm

DIE SPAMMER HEATHEN BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adolf_Fockes

Postby Pascal on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:20 pm

CONGRATULATIONS SPAM BOT! YOU ARE OUR 1 TRILLIONTH VISITOR! Just send me 1 billion dollars and I will grant you your award, an Official Certificate that states:

YOU FAIL AT LIFE AND ADVERTISING! FOREVER!
Now.

Hey, I lost out on picking on the other spam bots :P, I want to at least pick on this one.
Pascal

Postby Twist on Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:32 pm

Better than panda ****...
Twist

Postby Calico Yorki on Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:53 pm

Scinter gave a gun to Grunn.

That's TERRIFYING.

I mean, he's a total badass and all, and he gets Good Guy-Points for being the one to save Mace and Whip (Even though he probably doesn't care about our favorite orphans one bit)...

BUT HE GAVE A GUN TO GRUNN!!
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Drezlun on Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:43 pm

Personally I see the biggest problem arising from Scinter is the fact that Lilith and Namah are the daughters of the Viscount. Scinter obviously has a problem with the established government and therefore his plans probably involve overthrowing the current government or at least exposing the deep corruption (hopefully the later). I'm certain there will be some sort of conflict between the girls and Scinter later in the future concerning this.
Drezlun

Postby Aerials on Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:05 pm

Considering Namah's feelings towards her father, I'm willing to bet that she'd quite happily grab a gun and help Scinter overthrow the establishment :P Lilith is a trickier card, however. But I think we don't have to worry about overthrowing stuff for a while yet - Scinter and gang are far too busy fleeing from Nightmare assassins and clueless shock troops to topple a government right now ^^
Aerials

Postby Calico Yorki on Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:40 pm

I personally get the feeling Scinter doesn't want to make any moves to take down the government -- There's a few reasons.

1. I'm sure he can tell that, the way the government officials are running things right now, even without the Nightmares it's only a matter of time before the government collapses in on itself, or faces a whole rebellion.

2. Scinter seems to be getting along quite well sticking to the black market -- And I'm sure a large part of the black market's success is due to ill-will towards the government and feeling like you're rebelling when you get something from them instead of a government-sanctioned source.

3. Does Scinter really seem like he wants to babysit what the government has turned Anduruna into? It just doesn't seem to me like he wants to lead; and the only candidate I can think of to lead would be Igrath. In that case, even if they manage to prove Igrath is innocent of whatever he's been on the run for, he's obviously happy leading a quiet life at the fringes of society.

So, I think what it boils down to is that, while Scinter still despises the government, in most cases it's more convenient for him to just let things progress towards an inevitable calamity to wake the populace up to what's really going on, keep with his success in black trade, and leave the government to clean up its own messes.

Also, I think he would keep from destabilizing the government for Namah and Lilith's sakes; if the government is overthrown, then those responsible probably won't be too keen on leaving the viscount's daughters unharmed, disregarding their innocence in the state of things.

Basically, I agree with Aerials. I just felt talkative.
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People
---------

PreviousNext

Return to DK Characters