Ryuu Neko Kennels

Every human has their own unique persona in the DreamWorld - and, frequently, online! Come mingle with the colorful cast, and introduce your own character to the mix.

Ryuu Neko Kennels

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:14 pm

Poking around again, as I do, I noticed we have a thread introducing DreamKeepers, and a thread introducing Nightmares... But what about a DreamKeeper's Best Friend? The famously cute yet versatile Ryuu Neko?

Ryuu-Nekos are the Human equivalent to cats and dogs. Favored in Anduruna as the pet of choice for the household. Their uses are boundless as guards, pets, pest deterrent, mail retrievers, companions, and, strangely enough, alarm clocks.

Ryuu Nekos, as quoting the Ryuu-Neko page on the DreamKeepers site, have a unique life-cycle. Adulthood and fully grown aren't exactly the same thing. The Ryuu-Nekos in the wild can, in fact, grow to thirty feet or more. But they usually reach adulthood after four years of life.

Also tied to their size are length of breeding cycles and lifespan. Domesticated Ryuus live to around 15 years. Feral ones around one-hundred.

Even more fun are the breeding of ryuus. Many DreamKeepers, most in the Kojiki district, are known for breeding ryuus with beautiful patterns in all sorts of varieties. In the wild, however, ryuus only breed with those of the same type (water to water, rock to rock, ect.). As a result, wild mixes are rare and exceedingly sought after.

Now, come on in, browse some ryuus or add your own! Take your time, pet some Plant ryuus, keep your hands clear of the Darks. Oh, and if you're susceptible to fire, I do suggest you bring one of our Water Ryuus with you to the Fire ryuu area. Enjoy your visit to the Ryuu-Neko Kennels!
SerafinoDragonTamer

Re: Ryuu Neko Kennels

Postby Silver Predator Wolf on Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:43 am

I got an idea for one!

Might sound abit.. off though.. ^^"

Flying/water/fire Ryuu neko

Colours are a mix of blue, red and silver and some colored markings. Other than the ability to fly, and spit water. It has a unique park. Although it cant spit out any form of fire, it can boil the water in it's own body before spitting it out. High pressure boiling water.

^^"
Silver Predator Wolf

Location: In the Dreamworld hanging out with Lilith and Namah

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Awesome Idea! You should get some sort of sheet for him/her up!

Well, while I'm talking sheets, I might as well hit up Al.

So... Here's what's on the clipboard hanging from Alerio's kennel:

Name: Alerio
Breed(s) [Dominant Breed First]: Dark/Air Ryuu-Neko (58%/42%)
Important Features/Markings: None
Size/Length: 3 ft. 10.8 in. Long
Wingspan (If Applicable): 3 ft. 6 in.
Dietary Habits: Raw meat and fish. Can eat cooked food. Will resort to dried meat, vegetables, and fruits if offered.
Normal Behavior: Alerio's mischievous Dark behavior is slightly made more playful by his Air breeding. As a result, his pranks are less malicious than pure Darks or Dark-Fire mixes. He does posses a cocky attitude and enjoys nipping at other ryuus. He is rather defensive around females and will nervously pluck feathers from his wings. Alerio is surprisingly well trained for a wild-bred ryuu. Kiaran, his owner, has stated that Alerio may respect his own shadow-like personality. Though he isn't sure.
Alerio, or Al, like other Darks, hates being around anyone not his owner. This, however, does not deter him from luring unsuspecting victims over with a bit of song in a dark key then hissing or biting at them when they are within range.

Danger Level: None Minimal Moderate Severe Extreme
SerafinoDragonTamer

Postby Dream-Weaver on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:01 pm

SerafinoDragonTamer wrote:Breed(s) [Dominant Breed First]: Dark/Air Ryuu-Neko (58%/42%)

Um... 58%/42%? I'm pretty sure that's not possible... It is possible for the phenotype traits to mix in this manner, but as far as actual genetic heritage goes, 58/42 is physically impossible...

If you turn the percentage into a simplified fraction, the denemenator can only be a multiple of 2 and only 2 (6 is a multiple of both 2 and 3, so it can't be done; 32 is a multiple of 2, 4, 8, and 16, but 4, 8, and 16 are also multiples of 2, so it can be done)

The closest possible mix of breeds to this (rounded to the nearest hundredth) is Dark: 56.25% Air: 43.75%
Dream-Weaver

Postby SerafinoDragonTamer on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Well, DW, it's more of a sheer estimate, more or less incorporating subtype-specific traits rather than genetics. And I do believe that's a bit much to incorporate that much science... I don't believe I have to ask if you can use your imagination haha xD
SerafinoDragonTamer

Postby Dream-Weaver on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:38 pm

As a said Sera, The phenotype (what detirmines outtward appearances) can mix and match in virtually any degree, epecsially since phenotypes for Ryuu's (or any species subclassed into "breeds") appear to always be domanant...

I'm aware that most people aren't going ot do all that science when thinking of a Ryuu-neko, but 58/42 just seems a bit out there even without factoring in genetics...
Dream-Weaver

Postby WhiteinBlack on Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Here's ONE of my ryuu-nekos. I made her in my spare time. She is already in TAG.

Name: Sor
Breed(s) [Dominant Breed First]: Dark/Fire/Air Ryuu-Neko
Important Features/Markings: None
Size/Length: 10ft. 3.8 in. Long / 8.6in body (chest) / 5in body (core) / 8in head
Wingspan: 10ft 2in
Dietary Habits: Prefers fresh meat and fish. However, she will eat cooked and seasoned meats. Never eats plants and other produce.

Normal Behaviour: Sor carries an air of superiority. She simply believes she is better than those around her. Because of that, she will not let anyone touch other than her owner, Pahr. Occasionally, she will let her sister partner, Hope, touch her, but mostly she will hiss at her in dominance. She will display dominance to any ryuu-neko she sees or associates with her. Fights might even break out and cause death.

Her high and might attitude is also the reason she will not take a mate, even more so when she found how valuable she is in Dreamkeeper Society.

However, she is extremely impish as her Dark side instigates. This trait is supported more by Pahr who helps her most cases to cause trouble. The benefit both receive is solitude. Sor enjoys silence as much as her master. Why is unknown. It is also unknown why she even befriended Pahr. It may be the sympathy of her Air side.

But if events do not turn out well, and in Sor’s or owner’s favour, she becomes extremely aggressive. She will bite, claw, and breathe her flames until she obtains what see wants. Her Fire side makes her extremely stubborn and hard to convince otherwise.

WhiteinBlack

Postby Calico Yorki on Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Name: Quitian
~
~
Breeds: Five-Eighths Dark, Three-Eighths Plant
~
~
Important Features/Markings:
Is primarily a deep jade green with an emerald green underside, along with swirled black lines concentrated towards his back. As well, through very selective breeding, the "leaves" in his neck-ruff possess an amber-orange color with edges resembling leaves that have turned in autumn.
~
Length: Roughly two feet
~
Wingspan: n/a
~
Dietary Habits:
Prefers red meat and some root vegetables. Mainly, Quitian will only eat something that has passed through his owner Xiao Bai's hands first, in some way or another.
~
Normal Behavior:
With an odd combination of Dark and Plant traits, Quitian is very calm and mellow like Plants, yet has the "unique" sense of humor inherent to Darks. Incredibly loyal to Xiao, he enjoys snuggling close to her - Especially since she's so warm in the harsh Ruskol environment. As well, he's very entertaining to watch with how he's constantly inventing ways to solve problems and just generate fun for himself.
~

~ ~ ~

Ne?
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby MandyHabato on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:19 am

Okay, I think he deserves to be here, the monster from a zombie rp, Daikisuke!

Name: Daikisuke
size: 8-10 ft in length, 2- 2 1/2 foot tall. inch and a half long teeth than 2 and a half in long claws
Breed: Plant water. 9/10 plant, 1/10 water
Extra: Thinks himself as Guardian of one child name Lily.
MandyHabato

Postby Ulrick on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:40 pm

Here is Ulrick's friend Aislin

She is a rare because she is wild born.

Breeds: Earth and Air
Length: 12'
Height: 3'

Colors: Top of her back head and tail is a brown that fades to almost white on the underside of her body.

Appearance: fox like face her front feet are about 10" long. Her body itself is about 3' long and the rest appears to be a single tail.

Personality: Well she was born in the wild and Ulrick sees a lot of the wild traits to be good for her to keep so he did not bother to train any of it out of her. She absolutely loves her freedom. Net her or cage her in any way and she become deadly to those around her save Ulrick. She only allows a collar around her neck because it was give to her by Ulrick while still in the forest. He has added a pendant to the collar to "show to others that she has an owner", he only did this after people were placed into the hospital for trying to catch her. Sees Ulrick as kinda a father.

She is an omnivore but prefers meat.

She flies but out of respect for Ulrick tends to stay near the ground if he is not using his powers to fly himself.
Ulrick

---------

Return to Character cafe'