[RP idea] Stuck in the Rocks

Tired of being in character? Relax, ditch the mask, and take a break in the headless room.

Re: [RP idea] Stuck in the Rocks

Postby Clast on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:09 am

Right, thanks. Here is my Character. Okay, here goes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Nimok, male Toad

Power:

Precognition: Nimok has the ability to see into the future, but only for short periods of time, roughly ten-twenty seconds. This means he can see blows coming (By only a slight amount), or see a cave-in before it happens. Of course, it is possible that he can miss something, such as seeing a punch coming within the next fifteen seconds, but he misses the kick that happens in the next five. Because of this, he is very unreliable. To push the point even farther, what he sees is not even what is going to happen, only what might occur. It is impossible for him to view every possibility of what will occur next. His power does not even manifest upon his whim, it can happen randomly and at any moment. Because of this, he is slightly insane (A mild affliction). Being shipped off into a dark network of mines and prison cells has done nothing to help his psyche.

Time: Nimok has only just recently been shipped into the mines. He is very new.

Description: Nimok is slight, only about four and a half feet tall. He resembles a Toad, with a wide mouth and small, sharp teeth. His forearms are long and gangly, and he holds them tucked into his chest. His legs, on the other hand, are short and strong, with thick claws for gripping surfaces. His thick, warty, skin is a dark green and brown in coloration, offset by his milky white eyes. In place of a tail, there is a shriveled stump. Most notable, his tong is very long, almost three feet long, and is very strong. He has been known to manipulate simple items with his tongue, akin to a prehensile tail. He keeps it tucked into his throat when not in use. His eyesight and hearing a quite acute.

Instead of the normal slops of a miner or other worker, he wears a grubby cloak and breaches.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew. That's done. I'll wait until one of the Nightfoxes accepts the character before I head over to the actual RP. I can post a picture of him soon, but not for a few days at least.
Clast

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:13 am

Your character is a approved Clast, I'll write you into the story now ;).
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby tsukos on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:08 am

And my roleplaying curse kicks in once more... I don't know that I can really do too much else without something else going on in the kitchen.
tsukos

Postby MandyHabato on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:41 pm

finally posted, because i(my mindset and intrest) have been stuck in pokemon, TAG, and (curse it) MLP. Don't kill me for the latter. XD

and as for Daikisuke's look, past the initial meaning HE's trying to convoy, 'It means he likes you!' would be stupid to say. It means 'He MIGHT come to like you.' That's still a slightly good sign. XD
MandyHabato

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:20 am

MandyHabato wrote:and (curse it) MLP. Don't kill me for the latter. XD

You shall never be allowed in this RP ever again Er I mean >>.....

Don't mind me, it's late time for me to pass out asleep now.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Rydlen on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Sorry for the no posting guys. I've been horribly sick for the past several days and basically locked in bed. (Or a couch closest to the bathroom...) I'll try and get a post in now but I'm still trying to recover.
Rydlen

Postby Clast on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:17 pm

I was curious do the shock collars worn by every prisoner have to be activated by a guard, or are they set to go off if a power is activated...I would try it in-character, but I wouldn't want to risk being killed by electrocution. If I do have to find out in-game, and can't be told here, just let me know. On a personal note, I would imagine they are set to go off when a power is used, but I'm unsure as to how the technology is capable of pulling that off.

@Rydlen: Man, that must suck...any kind of affliction that involves some sort of used-to-be-edible material violently exiting the human body is both painful and disgusting. Yech. Get well soon!
Clast

Postby Calico Yorki on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:53 pm

...Is it too late to join?

I hope not...This'd be my first time in any RP...

...Here's my attempt at a character. Apologies for any flaws:

~ ~ ~

Name: Harrison "Snaggletooth" Brattock
~
~
~
Power: Energy Flux
Halo Color ~ An Angry Red-Orange
While active, Harrison's hands are covered in an angry, fiery energy the same color as his halo. His Power enables him to change how energy flows and is distributed. Namely, in a Power like Lilith's or Bast's, he can freely re-direct the energy's path or cause it to explode in mid-path - From close enough range, he can destabilize an energy-based Power enough to have it blow up in the foe's face.

Additionally, in the case of most weaker Nightmares, Harrison can destabilize their very essence enough to violently rupture their bodies - However, this only works on Nightmares who either have a very weak essence or are frail in body. Otherwise, in the case of a beast like Smiley, it merely causes great pain and, at worst, ulcerous yet non-lethal wounds.

Naturally, something so destructive and capable of dreamkeeper-on-dreamkeeper violence has necessitated...Special security measures. Thus, the experimental bracers (See Description) are used to prevent him from ever using his Power; even while working. The reason is tied to a certain trait of his Power's activation.

While active, Harrison's Power forces large amounts of energy out of tiny vents in his wrists. This results in the fiery clouds around his hands. However, should these vents be covered, any attempt to use his Power causes Harrison agonizing pain. Continued use past this point will kill him in short succession. Due to how they can be used as weapons, however, Harrison is kept in a separate cell.
~
Description:
Greatly resembling a wolverine or some kind of large weasel, Harrison is short, wiry, and constantly scowling. As evident by his dull, oily fur and the large rings under his eyes, Harrison doesn't bathe as much as he should nor get healthy amounts of sleep. Lastly, Harrison got his much-maligned nickname "Snaggletooth" from the pronounced, jagged fang in the left side of his mouth.

He normally wears a ratty white t-shirt, a dark gray tracksuit with the jacket open and legs cut below the knee, white flip flops, and a couple of hefty metal bracers covering his arms from the elbow down to just before the fingers. Due to these being the clothes he was captured in, they're dirty, haggard, and reek something awful.

Day in, day out, Harrison is a hostile and overly-stressed individual; far too highstrung for his age. He's quick to find faults in others, and is standoffish to anyone who hasn't proven themselves trustworthy to him. In truth, he's excessively paranoid and is plagued by a disastrous inferiority complex.

Other than these traits, however, Harrison is trustworthy to those who can somehow get him to depend on them first, and is extremely cunning. While his powderkeg-temper wouldn't suggest it at all, Harrison is quite patient and methodical when he's not throwing a belligerent hissy fit. Good luck avoiding that, by the way.

Due to how his Power necessitates the special bracers which would otherwise make dangerous weapons, Harrison is kept in a cramped little nook of a solitary cell when not at work. While he is at work, he's kept far separate from other prisoners. His frequent outbursts and attempts to start fights have earned him a number of poorly-healed bruises and scars.

~ ~ ~

Will this work?
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People

Postby Hakuzo NightFox on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:18 am

@Clast the collars are activated by the guards. ANY guard can do it.

@Cali, yes you can still join, but how long have you been there, or are you a new arrival? I need to know these things and set up you 'job' in the RP.
Hakuzo NightFox

Postby Calico Yorki on Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:50 pm

...How long my character's been a prisoner?

Prolly a little under a year. I'd say eight or nine months.

Is that okay?
Calico Yorki

Location: With the Purple, the People, the Plastic-Eating People
---------

PreviousNext

Return to Headless room.