RP Character Discussion

Every human has their own unique persona in the DreamWorld - and, frequently, online! Come mingle with the colorful cast, and introduce your own character to the mix.

RP Character Discussion

Postby Shade on Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:40 pm

I thought this would be something fun to do. Here we can say who our favorite RP character is and talk about why we like them. It can be someone's main RP character or just a minor one that popped in for a post and disappeared, never to be seen again.

Now, I've always been a fan of Sergeant Trans from Dawn of Shadows. I think he's very well written and really has that whole stern-Army-Sergeant thing going for him. And yet he still manages to crack a good joke every now and then. Ah-mazing!
Shade

Re: RP Character Discussion

Postby TheRedMan on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:24 pm

I like Corny! (Cornelius) He really is a strait up spiteful ol' man. KindaSarcasmic does a good job of playing that part. Not that anyone Else's character is worse! I think there all neat!... Uh... Yeah.
TheRedMan

Postby Twilight on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:28 pm

meh. I like Trans but in Dark Circle XD I was so sad when he died ^^;

I haven't really been particularly involved in DoS to really know the characters there haha. I'll have to make it a point to do that.

. . . Yeah DC Trans was a character that really left an impression on me for some reason. I've yet to find another character that really captures my attention.

Don't get me wrong, I like the characters we're dealing with. It's just that, like with TV shows, there's characters I like, and then there's the random character I REALLY like XD
Twilight

Postby Lord of the Forest on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:37 pm

If I had to choose a few out of the Roleplays I would have to say Leon and Dez in The Dark Circle were interesting players, especially in the beginning. The way they portray themselves in different situations and how they play off othersmakes the posts a lot of fun to read. But currently everyone in CrossRoads is my own personal favorite. Everyone has their own flavor of acting it out which I just play off of. We've got some good roleplayers around :)

EDIT: I just have to comment on Trans as well. When he was around you knew stuff was going down, but you couldn't entirely expect what might happen.
Lord of the Forest

Postby Adolf_Fockes on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:48 pm

Cornelius definately does have a great depth that I find most villains are sadly lacking, a character as deeply involved in the plot of a story as a villain is deserves a nice, deep character, not the flat "KILL EVERYTHING" personality so prevalent in modern media. Leon is also an interesting char, you can certainly feel RedFox's connection with him in the way he writes, and it's good when a writer has such a connection with a character because then he can give that character real, identifyable characteristics. I like Dota's cold, casual air and it's a shame we don't see him more often. Each of these characters pale in significance beside Bayne Dayfox however, as his Godmod powers and supreme back door finding skillz are enough to make any RPer jealous they didn't think of him earlier. Kudos to Hakuzo for creating the first REAL Godmoddy character in any of the RPs on this forum, I think he really deserves a round of applause. I especially like how he always gets out of a situation despite the best efforts of everyone elses characters to thwart his attempts, wow, just wow. Anyways, I'm sure we'll be seeing more of this Godmod fest until either the RPer smartens up and starts thinking about everyone else as well, or another fed up player decides to kill the unfortunate black kitsune off, and WHAT a tradegy that would be. Untill next time, this is Adolphus Fockes, signing off
Adolf_Fockes

Postby Decoy on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:52 pm

I've only been in HvV so far and I already think Sin is the craziest mofo so far XD.
Decoy

Postby Shade on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:08 pm

I have to agree with Ado. Cornelius is probably my favorite villain other than Igbo in DoS. But since like no one even cares about that RP anymore, you probably don't know what I'm talking about. -grins- Aw, well. Y'all are missin' out.

But Corn is like this really classy *******, you know? He's all "I'm going to kill you, but be polite as you die in a pool of your own blood." A little graphic, yes, but it gets the point across.

Oh, I think my favorite character switch came from Fore. In DC, he was this little guy, Paska, who was just puny. And then in DoS he's the huge, buff and macho Russel. I found that totally awesome how different the two were.
Shade

Postby tsukos on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:33 am

Wow... Um...

I'm still amazed people liked Trans. I never considered him all that great.

As for my favorites...

My first choice would have to be Dez from DC. I know Dez and Trans played off each other a lot, along with Twilight and Mitchel and a few others. Of these, the best written was by far, Dez.

In DoS, Shade and Sarabi were a great tag-team. with Trans, an excellent trio. Lately, however, it's been back and forth between these two characters, and I've fallen off reading them because there's nobody else to break it up.

in HvV... I like my own villan, Grevin (Who for the uninformed is now inhabiting the body of Sin due to a godmod death.)

Cornelius, Apollo, Leon, Alexei... basically the entire original villan cast... I like them all. The power-balance dynamic was excellent, and the heroes... too many heroes all trying to hard to come together in one spot.

The Crossroads...

It's really a toss-up. Since none of the characters have met any others, there's no common frame of reference to tell.
tsukos

Postby KindaSarcastic on Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:43 am

Wow. Didn't know that many people liked Corn. ha ha! Thanks!

Anyways, I've gotta say that my favorite character in all these RP's has got to be Regicide's character, Klein, from The Dark Circle. Big, burly, and more like a teddy bear than a body guard for a mobster, I got kinda attached to the guy. Reg really handled his character well. He was an awesome RPer. Wonder where the guy went 'cause I miss his interesting characters in the RP's.

Also, I like Grevin Sigil from HvV. Trans really went crazy with him, making him a factor to be reckoned with. Kinda like a villain of the villain but still a villain. Did that make sense? Anyways, the character really spices up that RP...and his whole sushi analogy at the beginning of the RP was hilarious.
KindaSarcastic

Postby tsukos on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:22 pm

It makes it even better that he holds so much power, the villans are trying to get rid of him, but he's invisible to the heroes, who are going after Cornelius and other high-profile targets, which hampers their efforts to deal with the real problem.

Essentially, the heroes were doing Grevin's dirty work for him while he sat in that cozy sewer pipe ^^
tsukos

---------

Next

Return to Character cafe'